Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

What?!? 10 is 10 it's a one year deal not a two-year deal in which they would be dead cap money.

If you were rolling over 10 to have an extra 10 next year but you use 10 and that comes off the books at the end of this year you still have 10

We still have the unused Money of 10 million next year plus whatever the cap goes up

Rolling money helps with 2345 year contracts

One year deals are the same as rolling money over

no it's not the same. in order to be able to roll money over, it needs to be available as cap space. Cutler is eating up 10 million of our cap space, thus we can't roll that amount over.

no it's not the same. in order to be able to roll money over, it needs to be available as cap space. Cutler is eating up 10 million of our cap space, thus we can't roll that amount over.

Maybe I wasn't saying it right. But essentially this is correct.

I believe teams can roll over up to 15% of their salary cap every year.

There were a good amount of options for younger players if we had planned accordingly.

What does this say about our decision to keep and pay Matt Moore? Why is he here if he can't take over the starting job?

We could have decided to go with a younger QB that's needs development, but our defense isn't sustainable to prop up the offense. Our defense's only effective capabilities come when our offense is firing on all cylinders to get them in position to run the scheme they are under.

It's a single minded track. Almost fantasy football-like.

There were a good amount of options for younger players if we had planned accordingly.

What does this say about our decision to keep and pay Matt Moore? Why is he here if he can't take over the starting job?

We could have decided to go with a younger QB that's needs development, but our defense isn't sustainable to prop up the offense. Our defense's only effective capabilities come when our offense is firing on all cylinders to get them in position to run the scheme they are under.

i hear your point, but how many teams - realistically - have a QB who could serve as a decent starter for a full season? 3, 4 teams maybe?

I hate to be a downer but chances are you've seen the last of Tannehill in Miami. He's a marginal qb at best and they are not going to keep him now that he's injury prone. In steps Cutler who's here for nothing more than a paycheck, regardless of how much he likes Gase. So this season will be somewhere in the 5 to 7 win range which will neccesitate us trading up for hopefully the next great Dolphin Qb.

I do feel a little sorry for those of you who thought this year Tannehill would jump up to an elite level, but really if he had the goods he would have shown them by now. The main problem is that this team is still hampered by the idiots at the top, who have no clue what they are doing. Bringing in Cutler? Not already signing your best player in Landry?Stupid. Matt Moore is the same qb at half the cost. Losing Landry to replace him with who? Devante " ain't done ****" Parker?A smart Organization would have found a younger guy who could come in behind Moore should he struggle. Is there really a difference between 5-11 and 7-9? The team isn't good enough to compete for more than a wildcard beating at best, So why not continue building a good defense, and continue to build for the future?

BO0vRqOCQAAcDpE.jpg

I actually don't mind the signing, if Gase believes in him, then so do I... what pisses me off is that this pretty much means Ryan is out for the year :/

It is what it is. Now that I have moved beyond the shocked stage I realize if he had done the surgery last season he still wouldn't be playing this year until maybe game 10 or so and even then he wouldn't be full speed until 2018. I rationalize this situation as he just needs to get the surgery and get 100% healthy for 2018. This season is a mulligan. If Cutler does well Miami makes the playoffs. If Cutler does poorly Miami gets better talent in the 2018 draft than they expected before Tannehill's injury. Either way Tannehill will be Gase's QB long term.

I hate to be a downer but chances are you've seen the last of Tannehill in Miami. He's a marginal qb at best and they are not going to keep him now that he's injury prone. In steps Cutler who's here for nothing more than a paycheck, regardless of how much he likes Gase. So this season will be somewhere in the 5 to 7 win range which will neccesitate us trading up for hopefully the next great Dolphin Qb.

I do feel a little sorry for those of you who thought this year Tannehill would jump up to an elite level, but really if he had the goods he would have shown them by now. The main problem is that this team is still hampered by the idiots at the top, who have no clue what they are doing. Bringing in Cutler? Not already signing your best player in Landry?Stupid. Matt Moore is the same qb at half the cost. Losing Landry to replace him with who? Devante " ain't done ****" Parker?A smart Organization would have found a younger guy who could come in behind Moore should he struggle. Is there really a difference between 5-11 and 7-9? The team isn't good enough to compete for more than a wildcard beating at best, So why not continue building a good defense, and continue to build for the future?

I miss the dislike button

oh boy..... you need a hug

It is what it is. Now that I have moved beyond the shocked stage I realize if he had done the surgery last season he still wouldn't be playing this year until maybe game 10 or so and even then he wouldn't be full speed until 2018. I rationalize this situation as he just needs to get the surgery and get 100% healthy for 2018. This season is a mulligan. If Cutler does well Miami makes the playoffs. If Cutler does poorly Miami gets better talent in the 2018 draft than they expected before Tannehill's injury. Either way Tannehill will be Gase's QB long term.

true, we wouldn't know if Tannehill had been able to play in 2017 if he would have had the surgery in - say - December. but now, we don't even know if he'd be available for 2018 if the surgery is performed in the coming weeks.

i guess hindsight is 20/20.

Back
Top Bottom