D. Shifty presents: A&O's concept logo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Shifty presents: A&O's concept logo

I don't like the concept in general, might work for the seahawks but not for us.

The proportions are off, snout too short, Dorsal fin looks like a hat.

Color scheme is way too bold.

Probably doesnt help that I don't like the idea of changing the logo at all though.

I don't like the concept in general, might work for the seahawks but not for us.

The proportions are off, snout too short, Dorsal fin looks like a hat.

Color scheme is way too bold.

Probably doesnt help that I don't like the idea of changing the logo at all though.
Agreed. And not everyone is going to like. But it was just something fun to do and I thought A&O had an interesting idea so I took a crack at it. Also, this isn't my first shot at redesigning the logo.

Logo design is a lot different than other areas of graphic design.

The best rules of thumb for creating an effective logo are:

1. Is it readable at all sizes?
2. Is it still recognizable in black and white?
3. Does it evoke the message of the brand?

Unfortunately, I think this design fails on all 3. When it comes to logo design, the simpler, the better. There are too many arbitrary lines in the design, and when it is shrunk down in size, it looks like an amoeba. It doesn't have a definitive shape. I also don't think it represents the Miami Dolphins football brand well. Its a flat, dead fish. Looks like a dolphin that got sliced in half by a boat in the intercoastal. A logo for a football team should evoke ACTION. This logo has no movement, thus, fails in portraying the brand properly.

I seen a sweet one on pinterest already on a helmet i just cant get it on here yet.

Back
Top Bottom