D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

PatsSuck456 said:
The thing is that the mentally chalnged kid who scored all those 3s isn't as famous as a D Wade.

Its a great story though.

you don't understand the award.

It's no "athlete" of the year. Or "player" of the year.

The Blueprint said:
I understand the warning with this elementry school warning system..

but why the hell was my entire post deleted?

& lol @ "level 4" - what was so level 4 about that? I didn't even single anyone out.

So if a member says that he/she wants to jump off a bridge and someone says.. "if anyone (this goes out to all) wants to jump off a bridge, then they are an idiot" - that's against the TOS? Seriously, we'll grow up when the rules do. :rolleyes2

i called someone an idiot and i'm at 40%. No longer a TOS virgin :wink:

phinman1 said:
Oh, and the world gives a crap about Wade? Please. Hell, Iverson is twice as big as Wade is overseas. Nobody cares about him outside of Miami. Rest assured if Federer was American, he would have won, which says it all.

MikeO alluded to it earlier. Time Warner owns SI and TNT. Of course, TNT shows the NBA and the ratings aren't great, this cover is the latest sad attempt at "synergy". It's not about substance, it's about marketing.

As for an alternative, I gave one--Federer. I could list other more deserving athletes then Wade, but I don't want to overload the server.

Your hate for Wade is clouding your judgement.

"Nobody cares about wade outside of miami."

Really? rethink that statement.

Nobody outside of Miami cares about Wade?

Wow, shows how clueless you are about basketball fans..

Wade's jersey was the top selling last year, and that's surely not just a "Miami" thing. In fact, if you go to the Triple-A, you'll see almost or maybe even just as many Shaq jerseys as Wade. :rolleyes2

Without question, the NBA's most popular players right now are LeBron & Wade.

The Blueprint said:
Nobody outside of Miami cares about Wade?

Wow, shows how clueless you are about basketball fans..

Wade's jersey was the top selling last year, and that's surely not just a "Miami" thing. In fact, if you go to the Triple-A, you'll see almost or maybe even just as many Shaq jerseys as Wade. :rolleyes2

Without question, the NBA's most popular players right now are LeBron & Wade.

Maybe its because it was only his 3rd year in the league and nobody has his jersey. I tend to also believe that all of sudden alot of people are Heats fan in miami because of the championship, kinda like what happen here in LA when the Angels won the WS or the PATS won the Superbowl. All of sudden I see Angels Vlad Guerrero jersey and Pats- Brady jersey everywhere. I NEVER saw those TEAM jersey anywhere before the championship. It just the Herd Theory in full affect, going with the flavor of the month/year.

Amars said:
Maybe its because it was only his 3rd year in the league and nobody has his jersey. I tend to also believe that all of sudden alot of people are Heats fan in miami because of the championship, kinda like what happen here in LA when the Angels won the WS or the PATS won the Superbowl. All of sudden I see Angels Vlad Guerrero jersey and Pats- Brady jersey everywhere. I NEVER saw those TEAM jersey anywhere before the championship. It just the Herd Theory in full affect, going with the flavor of the month/year.

That's right. Sure there have been a run on Wade jerseys, between the Finals and the NBA cramming him down everyone's throat, he's gonna sell some. But when totaled, I dare say his jerseys are outnumbered by LeBron's, A.I.'s, Kobe's, Garnetts, Shaqs, Duncans etc.

phinman1 said:
That's right. Sure there have been a run on Wade jerseys, between the Finals and the NBA cramming him down everyone's throat, he's gonna sell some. But when totaled, I dare say his jerseys are outnumbered by LeBron's, A.I.'s, Kobe's, Garnetts, Shaqs, Duncans etc.

Hate to break your bubble but i believe those jersey totals came out BEFORE the finals....
http://www.nba.com/news/jerseys_051215.html

aquaattak said:
Hate to break your bubble but i believe those jersey totals came out BEFORE the finals....

With that avatar I dont think I can listen to a word you say :lol:

aquaattak said:
http://www.nba.com/news/jerseys_051215.html

You didn't burst my bubble, although you did miss my point. Wade is a relatively new player, therefore his jerseys haven't been on the market as long. When he achieves success, of course a run will be made because nobody had his jersey. Blue based Wade's relative popularity on recent sales figures, which is, of course misleading. Do you think there are more people with A.I. or Wade Jerseys in the country? How about Kobe vs. Wade? Everybody who wanted a Kobe or A.I. Jersey bought one a long time ago.

phinman1 said:
You didn't burst my bubble, although you did miss my point. Wade is a relatively new player, therefore his jerseys haven't been on the market as long. When he achieves success, of course a run will be made because nobody had his jersey. Blue based Wade's relative popularity on recent sales figures, which is, of course misleading. Do you think there are more people with A.I. or Wade Jerseys in the country? How about Kobe vs. Wade? Everybody who wanted a Kobe or A.I. Jersey bought one a long time ago.

ok I'll give you the time AI and Kobe have been around to possibly "outnumber" Wades' sales. THat is common sense. But what about your mention of Lebron....I think, last i checked, he was drafted the same year as DWade.

Maybe i just missed your point?

You guys are missing the original point of the jersey debate. He might not be #1 overall, but that still doesn't mean he isn't cared about outside of Miami

who cares if hes caredabout....its not a popularity contest....its sportsman of the year

Back
Top Bottom