D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-Wade Names Sports Illustrated Player of the Year!!!

phinman1 said:
You didn't burst my bubble, although you did miss my point. Wade is a relatively new player, therefore his jerseys haven't been on the market as long. When he achieves success, of course a run will be made because nobody had his jersey. Blue based Wade's relative popularity on recent sales figures, which is, of course misleading. Do you think there are more people with A.I. or Wade Jerseys in the country? How about Kobe vs. Wade? Everybody who wanted a Kobe or A.I. Jersey bought one a long time ago.

Hate to burst your bubble but you make no sense. Do you think people still purchased Marino jerseys after his rookie year? Did people purchase Jordan jerseys after his first few years? You logic is off, the more popular the player is the more jerseys people purchase and CONTINUE to purchase.

Bumrush said:
Hate to burst your bubble but you make no sense. Do you think people still purchased Marino jerseys after his rookie year? Did people purchase Jordan jerseys after his first few years? You logic is off, the more popular the player is the more jerseys people purchase and CONTINUE to purchase.

I dont think you understood what he was saying. He talking about right now not the future.

Bumrush said:

What? Read my post again and see if you get it this time.

phinman1 said:

Your statement of "Nobody cares about Wade outside of miami." is STILL asinine.

No matter what jersey debate you concoct.

phinman1 said:

Wade had the top selling jersey WAY BEFORE he won a championship, which indicates to me that he has consistently gained popularity over the course of several years. Add the championship and MVP performance and that popularity grows. If he keeps up the pace his Jersey sales will continue to explode, people always want the latest jersey and a ton of new people become NBA fans each year.

You can't compare him to Kobe because Kobe was in the top 5 in sales EVERY year untill his ego and pretty boy image was tarnished by the rape allegations.

Bumrush said:
Wade had the top selling jersey WAY BEFORE he won a championship, which indicates to me that he has consistently gained popularity over the course of several years. Add the championship and MVP performance and that popularity grows. If he keeps up the pace his Jersey sales will continue to explode, people always want the latest jersey and a ton of new people become NBA fans each year.

You can't compare him to Kobe because Kobe was in the top 5 in sales EVERY year untill his ego and pretty boy image was tarnished by the rape allegations.

Man you really dont read prior post and just post with no facts what so ever. Wade was not even top 25 in 2004 and Lebron was #1. In 2005 he wasnt even in the top 10 while lebron was in the top 5. Wade is #1 in 06 because of the heats run to the championship. I doubt the heats repeat have you seen them play this year. Also BTW Kobe is in top 5 even after the allegation and I think he might be top 3 in sales this year.

Amars said:
Man you really dont read prior post and just post with no facts what so ever. Wade was not even top 25 in 2004 and Lebron was #1. In 2005 he wasnt even in the top 10 while lebron was in the top 5. Wade is #1 in 06 because of the heats run to the championship. I doubt the heats repeat have you seen them play this year. Also BTW Kobe is in top 5 even after the allegation and I think he might be top 3 in sales this year.

Those numbers prove that "new" players in this league don't get a temporary boost in sales which then decline. Shaq has been in this league a very long time and is still consistently in the top 5.. How about TMAC? So Wade was number one 06 and got a lot more exposure with the Finals.. How much do you want to bet Wade stays in the top 5 for the next 10 years? The original poster claims that Wade got that status because of a temporary boost because nobody had his jersey. If that is the case for every player in the league why are guys like TMAC, Duncan, Shaq and others still up there year after year? BTW, when Kobe was accused of rape his jersey sales dipped big time, the media made a huge deal about it..

Did you see lebron in 04 he's #1. You do know that lebron , carmelo ( who was #2 in 04) and wade came into the league in the same year. Kobe drop to 7 during the accusation WOW a big drop. Wade status was because of his play and championship last year and rightfully so he's good. Let see happen when the heats struggle and see where he lands. As for TMAC I dont know why you brought him up in the conversation because that proves nothing. I have about 20 players I will take before TMAC.

Amars said:
I think Lebron have sold more then Wade alltime. Wade wasnt even in the top 25 in 2004 and Lebron was #1. And now lebron #3 in 05-06.

http://www.insidehoops.com/jerseys-popular-041104.shtml

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/nba_jersey_release_051215.html

Uh, of course.. LeBron was the #1 pick.

They didn't even make a Wade jersey (unless customized or replica) to stores other than the official Heat store at the Triple-A until his second year. They don't make rookie jerseys like that. Obviously, LBJ was a different story with that kind've hype.

He basically had an extra year up on Wade.

Nobody outside of Miami cares about Wade?

Wow, shows how clueless you are about basketball fans..

Wade's jersey was the top selling last year, and that's surely not just a "Miami" thing. In fact, if you go to the Triple-A, you'll see almost or maybe even just as many Shaq jerseys as Wade. :rolleyes2

Without question, the NBA's most popular players right now are LeBron & Wade.

I wonder who's #1 in jersey right now. It aint dwade or lebron.

FF_119536_l-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom