Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen

He has a chance to be a really good quarterback but he would not succeed in the current situation in Miami. No OL, or Defense. Tanne is good enough just surround him with better blockers and tacklers.

Coming from one of the biggest Paxton Lynch "fans"

Patriots can make anyone look like super star if you got brady at helm.... Thats the truth...

If you gave me an option to grow with a True QB, a Big QB at that who is pretty damn good in Memphis vs a WR converted QB who played 1 year in college at QB and was sold as first round draft pick and has given you a measly 8-8 record.... Im rolling with Paxton....

He has a chance to be a really good quarterback but he would not succeed in the current situation in Miami. No OL, or Defense. Tanne is good enough just surround him with better blockers and tacklers.

To succeed in Miami, you need a smart but VERY Mobil QB. You need a manning or Brady/Vick combination

The analogy let me break it down for u since you took it literal... It means making something happen from what your given, which is not much..... Tannehill doesnt have it, at best he has given you 8-8.... Coaching, pssshhhhh are talking about Lazor here, the guy that made Nick Foles look like a superstar in Philly, he knows what he is dealt with, a QB who is only accurate under 10 yds and thats all he's giving u.... So he calls plays to tannehills potential....

My God this is a travesty of a post. Please try not to exaggerate too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Somehow these trival things have escaped the FO in Miami :ponder:

No instead they prefer to see if he can succed despite these deficanices.

and 4 years of mediocre Tannehill hasnt proven anything except at best 8-8

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Zach be careful there is a lot of die hard tannehill fans....

Nope, nope, just saying that the ball arc is reminiscent, lol!

To succeed in Miami, you need a smart but VERY Mobil QB.

For Miami as a team to succeed, they need to change their offense! Get rid of everything that Philbin and Lazor did. I'm not a fan of Tannehill, but since they're stuck with him for at least another year I'd be willing to see what he could do behind a good o-line with a strong running game and the ability to audible out of bad playcalls. Although some think Tannehill is bad, Lazor's offense and the inability of Philbin and the personnel guys to build a competent o-line are much worse.

Brandon has touch and a stronger arm than lynch too and might be the best in this draft class at going through progression.

Lynch is rated the number 1 qb going into the drafted

Lynch is just the hot name in college football right now, once the actual NFL scouts break down his film he won't go any higher than 3rd round unless he really impresses in the combine. Lynch throwing mechanics need major fixing and he has accuracy and ball placement on short and intermediate routes,he does throw a nice deep ball through.

I enjoyed Navy's dismantling of Memphis last weekend. I had a piece of that, +11 points. It hasn't been a great year in the pros for me but college has done well. Memphis entered that game allowing 8.5 yards per pass attempt. How does that translate to a game versus an option offense? Plenty. That YPA defense stat looks like a pure passing stat but it equates to overall defensive intensity and aggressiveness. If you aren't attacking those short passes then you are a big favorite to be passive against the option. Memphis was passive. It was gorgeous to watch.

During that game I finally figured out who Paxton Lynch reminds me of. It's been bugging me all year. I knew I had someone in mind but I couldn't place it. Finally in the third quarter it hit me: Ryan Leaf. That may look like ultimate damnation. It's not meant to be. Ryan Leaf was a heck of a prospect coming out of Washington State on football ability alone. Some students at that school started posting online prior to the draft that he was an ultimate goof and they couldn't believe anybody was going to trust him for big dollars and high stakes. Obviously they were correct.

Lynch's stature and throwing motion and facial expressions and overall style of play remind me of Leaf in college, although the type of offense they run is not quite the same. Lynch may be an inch or so taller.

Back
Top Bottom