Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen

and 4 years of mediocre Tannehill hasnt proven anything except at best 8-8

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Zach be careful there is a lot of die hard tannehill fans....

It's not about being a Tannehill fan, but rather the obvious point that the Dolphins biggest need isn't nowhere near being at the Quarterback-position.

Our o-line is in shambles and our defense is like a Swiss Cheese. Add Aaron Rodgers to this team and we wouldn't be remarkably better.

If Lazor is back and the O line stays the same it does not matter who the qb is. The offense will continue around throwing quick passes and wr bubble screens from.

Also this notion that Tannehill can't throw deep is funny to me. His rookie year Tannehill was going deep and nobody complained about it. I actually remember people where posting how Tannehill had one of the most accurate deep balls in the league.

He also was allowed to control the huddle and make changes on the line which looked promising. Then comes Lazor and takes every little bit of control from him away. This notion that another rookie qb will fix this mess is just fans dreaming.

What this franchise needs is a cleansing from top to bottom. Not just player personnel.

Fire the owner, the president, the football operations guy, gm, coaching staff, scouts, janitors, ball boys everybody that has been a part of this team for the past 20 years.

Then and only then can we really start to do something till then it will just be the same old Dolphins.

??

How does that happen??

IS this the same Paxston Lynch who just got his ass kicked by a mediocre NAVY defense

For Miami as a team to succeed, they need to change their offense! Get rid of everything that Philbin and Lazor did. I'm not a fan of Tannehill, but since they're stuck with him for at least another year I'd be willing to see what he could do behind a good o-line with a strong running game and the ability to audible out of bad playcalls. Although some think Tannehill is bad, Lazor's offense and the inability of Philbin and the personnel guys to build a competent o-line are much worse.

Agreed, although We know what Tannehill can do behind a good OL and a strong running game, and that is tear apart a defense badly.

Everyone keeps blaming the o-line. Look around the NFL and see how many teams have an entire all star line. Wake up people, if your waiting for 5 pro bowl lineman to suddenly appear in Miami, so that Tannehill can finally thrive, your wasting your time. The only way Tannehill is going to really improve is to let him audible and change protection schemes at the line.

Overall I think he ends up a better NFL QB than Tannehill. On the record. But I don't think you'll see the returns on that investment FOR MIAMI based on what the roster looks like. Need 2 NFL guards, and likely another left tackle, along with 9 more guys on defense that can tackle.

Lynch is definitely the better prospect when comparing the two as prospects

You're asking too much of any QB to be a winning quarterback when he's surrounded by personnel as ****ty as it is

First of all Miami will win just enough games to not have a top 5 draft pick IMHO. But if they do implode and Lynch is on the board I would draft him unless you get a ridiculous offer to trade down. Now that I think about it, never mind, I'm trading the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all Miami will win just enough games to not have a top 5 draft pick IMHO. But if they do implode and Lynch is on the board I would draft him unless you get a ridiculous offer to trade down. Now that I think about it, never mind, I'm trading the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about to say that we won't even pick high enough to get him

Tannehill is a mid level QB, not great, but at this point, not really worth the effort to replace. Especially when you have bottom tier players at CB, LB, OG, FS...if we can get improvement in those areas and continue to build a team around Tannehill then things will get better and this team will make the playoffs. The biggest issue with trying to replace him now is the fact that if you bring a rookie into the conditions, he's going to suffer the same fate or even worse as Tannehill.

Tannehill is a mid level QB, not great, but at this point, not really worth the effort to replace. Especially when you have bottom tier players at CB, LB, OG, FS...if we can get improvement in those areas and continue to build a team around Tannehill then things will get better and this team will make the playoffs. The biggest issue with trying to replace him now is the fact that if you bring a rookie into the conditions, he's going to suffer the same fate or even worse as Tannehill.

Finally some rationality about Tannehill. Imagine that, fix the online and defense and Tannehill will "improve".

This team is in a much worse situation than they were when they took Tannehill #8 overall. The answer isn't to draft a QB..

Not taking anything away from the Midshipmen, but did you actually watch the Memphis - Navy Game?

Back
Top Bottom