Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen

all the holes will be filled if you have a franchise qb. ask the Pats

That's just a fallacy. I mean, Phillip Rivers by all accounts is considered a franchise QB, as is Tony Romo, and Andrew Luck. Any QB with bad protection and a bad defense isn't going to do well in this league.

People aren't talking about getting a franchise QB, they're talking about getting a LEGENDARY QB. That's a much taller order. When a person says that Brady can do it, or Rodgers, I mean, those guys come around very infrequently, and all the cards have to flop right to get them. Tannehill can be a good QB on this team, and with protection I think he can get us into the playoffs. You don't need Dan Marino or Dan Fouts to win a Super Bowl, just ask Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, or Brad Johnson.

The counter to that argument is that the QB is more important now because of the passing rules. The counter-to-the-counter argument is that today's legends aren't as good as the older ones because of the same reason.

Today's game it fills a lot of holes. Romo and Luck are injured but were in playoff talks all the time when healthy.
Rivers....good point, quite a unique situation. They should have traded him in offseason for Mariota like they originally planned. The reason is because that team seriously lacks talent and signing Rivers long term was not any help

Today's game it fills a lot of holes. Romo and Luck are injured but were in playoff talks all the time when healthy.
Rivers....good point, quite a unique situation. They should have traded him in offseason for Mariota like they originally planned. The reason is because that team seriously lacks talent and signing Rivers long term was not any help

I agree with your points, and because of today's god-awful passing rules, everyone throws the vast majority of their passes inside a 7-yard box. It's disgusting.

Oh boy....a QB that can throw a long way to a field of wide open receivers. He's our future!!!!!

Before you come talking smack, this is a true QB. Not a WR converted QB with a huge learning curve and a massive contract and at best an 8-8 record. In just one highlight reel midseason of the 2015 year how many deep throws do you count... The kid is legit... Draft him, sign him to rookie contract and build with a true QB standing at 6-7 245 pds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txF-8e1p48g

Let the hate and smack talking begin and excuse to keep tannehill begin.

The QB is fine. When RT17 is protected, he plays well. They need to work on the defense or take the top OL. I could care less if a QB is 6-7. He plays for Memphis for goodness sake. Didn't he just lose to Navy? I'll see how he looks against Houston this weekend.

all the holes will be filled if you have a franchise qb. ask the Pats

That's not true. The Pats have a great O-line and very good defense. They also have an all world TE. They would be good without Brady, if the QB were just competent. Not SB good, but still good.

Before you come talking smack, this is a true QB. Not a WR converted QB with a huge learning curve and a massive contract and at best an 8-8 record. In just one highlight reel midseason of the 2015 year how many deep throws do you count... The kid is legit... Draft him, sign him to rookie contract and build with a true QB standing at 6-7 245 pds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txF-8e1p48g

Let the hate and smack talking begin and excuse to keep tannehill begin.
I don't care about how far down the field a guy can throw. I want to see elite footwork and elite pocket presence. Those are my two most critical QB elements.

That's not true. The Pats have a great O-line and very good defense. They also have an all world TE. They would be good without Brady, if the QB were just competent. Not SB good, but still good.

As good as Brady is people seem to leave all that stuff about the defense and Gronk, well except the Pats fans I know, there aware of the defeense especially last year when Brady was struggling at the start of the season.

Oh lord .....

Thank god you're not a GM . Cause if we were to draft another QB with all the holes on this team and o line .... You'd basically ruin his career right off the bat anyways .

You guys see Tannehill as someone with no pocket presence .... There is no pocket ... You can have a left tackle or right tackle get beat and step up into the pocket, but when you have pressure up the middle ...... Good luck with moving around in the " pocket " .

Anyways , let's forget about all that . The point is .......

We need a linebacker , we need another Corner BADLY .... We need guards like ASAP . Let's not waste a pick on the " next Marino " .

We hear this garbage with college qbs every year and more than half of these first round quarterbacks amount to nothing

I don't care about how far down the field a guy can throw. I want to see elite footwork and elite pocket presence. Those are my two most critical QB elements.

Looks like you're looking for a guy like Lionel Messi ......

You'd take him in the first round and be set for life according to your critical QB elements

I get it. We suck and you want an easy solution. That one guy that will come and make everything all right. I get it, but it doesn't work that way.

All of these physical tools mean nothing .

99% of the success of Elite QBs comes with their work BEFORE the snap .

If you're sitting there trying to figure out what to do during the play in the NFL .... You're done for .

And that's certified. Remember the one time Brady got injured? Matt Cassell came in and they won 10 games. The same Cassell who can barely even get a job these days. Can you imagine our record with Cassell? 0-16, 1-15, 2-14 tops.

Back
Top Bottom