Damontre Moore's stock falling? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damontre Moore's stock falling?

Zeke Ansah and Damontre Moore are similar in how they play on the field, but between the two of them I'll take the 275 lbs sucker that runs a 10.9 in the 100 meters and has the upside. They're both not guys that go out there and win against tackles, yet. Not even college right tackles.

ansah or okafor??? i'm rollin with okafor cause i believe in his edge pass rush against tackles more...

ansah or okafor??? i'm rollin with okafor cause i believe in his edge pass rush against tackles more...

That's a little bit tougher for me but I'll agree with you on Okafor. I've remained high on him. I think he's a better athlete than generally given credit for being and he just "gets it" as far as playing most phases the way they need to be played from his position. Hand use is the best in the draft at that position other than maybe Werner...and that one is pretty debatable. I don't really know if Ansah will ever "get it" as far as using his hands and feet in concert to create space and opportunities for himself in pass rush, while reading the play at full speed from snap to whistle, the way he'll need to...but I think Okafor already does get it and will just continue to get sharper, and that probably outweighs the pure athletic potential of Ansah. Just my opinion.

That's pretty easy. Russ Lande specifically cited scouts' opinions. Mel Kiper did not. Just because Mel Kiper generally listens to scouts when coming up with his Big Board, doesn't mean it's the case with every player. If Mel Kiper came out there and said I've got scouts telling me he's #2 overall or #1 overall worthy, then that would be a direct contradiction with Russ Lande. And I'd be inclined to believe Kiper over Lande. But that's just not what has happened here. Generally in the absence of directly contradictory evidence I will assign some weight to where guys rank on Mel Kiper's Big Board, because I know his habits when it comes to listening to scouts.

With Cordarrelle Patterson I've heard no conflicting evidence to suggest this is a guy that Kiper is just "winging it" with. In fact, to the contrary, I find it interesting that two former scouts in Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah have Cordarrelle going top 12 as well (Jeremiah has him #8 overall to the Bills). If there were directly contradicting evidence then that would cast doubt on Patterson's draft stock in my eyes. But there hasn't been, only supporting evidence at this point.

ever notice CK that the whole world projects Patterson to us and no one else? Its cus the world hates miami and they want us to take the "raw" prospect who will be great in two to three years.

Sorry, I would rather do that with Terrence Williams, Hopkins, and/or Swope with Hartline coming back who already knows this offense and plays reall well in it.

Mel Kiper hates miami. Why would any miami fan agree with anything mel kiper says about who miami should take? He is suckering us. But I am not worried, cus Joe Philbin is in charge of this team.

Im in for Moore, and if he does fall, so be it. Maybe Ireland gets wind of that and drops down....and takes Tyler Eifert!!!1 hahahahahha!

BTW, there was this kid from Syracuse named Jones, who nobody was talking about until a few weeks to draft. He was a second rounder, then the Patriots took him.

Guys move up, guys move down. Because players are cheaper now, they are a little more risky and also want a guy who fits there scheme and need.

Every year there is a first rounder who falls to the 7th round.

And on Alabama CK, does anyone do well against Alabama? just thought I would ask, because I hear lately, they are a dynasty. Half their Oline will be taken in first 50 picks.

ever notice CK that the whole world projects Patterson to us and no one else? Its cus the world hates miami and they want us to take the "raw" prospect who will be great in two to three years.

Sorry, I would rather do that with Terrence Williams, Hopkins, and/or Swope with Hartline coming back who already knows this offense and plays reall well in it.

Mel Kiper hates miami. Why would any miami fan agree with anything mel kiper says about who miami should take? He is suckering us. But I am not worried, cus Joe Philbin is in charge of this team.

If you just look at the mocks on nfl.com, there is exactly 1 mock that has Patterson going to Miami. 3 of the 6 have him going before 12. The other two (Brooks has Patterson going to Miami at 12) have him falling out of the 1st. So . . .

FWIW (and I think j-off-her-doll mentions it below), a lot of the mocks I see place Cordarrelle Patterson above Miami going to other teams. Mel Kiper is the one that's currently banging the drum for Cordarrelle at 12 to Miami, and Bucky Brooks joined in. As I said Daniel Jeremiah doesn't even have Cordarrelle lasting long enough. He has him going to Buffalo at 8 overall.

I've never seen any evidence to suggest that Mel Kiper "hates" Miami, or any one specific team for that matter. Nor do I think Mel Kiper would specifically hand Cordarrelle Patterson over to a team in his mock drafts because he hates that team. He's been singing Cordarrelle Patterson's praises and placing him on his top 25 "Big Board" for months now, long before anyone else was doing so. Not mock drafts, mind you. The Big Board, his top 25 prospects. If the story you're trying to tell were true, then he wouldn't rank Cordarrelle Patterson high on his Big Board...he'd just hand him to Miami in his mock drafts even though he personally ranks Patterson low.

Don't you think you're being just a LITTLE bit paranoid here? I don't mind if you or anyone else doesn't like Cordarrelle Patterson. There's plenty to be scared of with him (as with most prospects). But that doesn't mean we have to start cooking up half-baked conspiracy theories with everyone out to get us, etc.

Back
Top Bottom