Dan Henning deserves some of the blame here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Henning deserves some of the blame here

Uhhh...The game we just played where we averaged 4.8 yards a carry. What game were you watching???

4.8? it was 4.4 and the longest run was 14 yards. I wouldnt consider that a GOOD running game. I would consider it mediocre at best.

I think if this porous play calling continues, David Lee will take hold of the OC position. I'm intrigued to see what he can potentially do.

You know what, I really like this idea. I don't think Dorrell has it in him, at least not yet. Lee could be a very intersesting option, a la Garrett several years ago. At least a shot in the arm, right? I hate vanilla! I want some Neapolitan! :lol:

the play calling is definately way too conservative and predictable. You know were running on first down. 90% chance were gonna run it on 2nd. Pass on 3rd. Time to punt.

4.8? it was 4.4 and the longest run was 14 yards. I wouldnt consider that a GOOD running game. I would consider it mediocre at best.

Ronnie Brown 10 for 43 yards (4.3 ypc)

Ricky Williams 7 for 39 yards (5.6 ypc)

Combined : 82 yards / 7 carries = 4.8

That adds to my playcalling rant. We didn't run the ball...we are way too quick to abandon the run.

Ronnie needs at least 20 touches a game, not including Wildcat or receiving.

Ronnie Brown 10 for 43 yards (4.3 ypc)

Ricky Williams 7 for 39 yards (5.6 ypc)

Combined : 82 yards / 7 carries = 4.8

we had 22 rushing plays for 96 yards for a 4.4 ypc average... your not including polite or ginns reverse or white's rushes

My least favorite play (Aside from 90% of what we called today):

QB takes 3 step drop, counts to 2 and throws the ball into the line of scrimmage.

That one needs to be taken out of the playbook and burned.

(Yes, I know Penny was under pressure alot, but he was throwing the ball away WAY too damn early sometimes.)

I hate our offense right now. (ALL of it)

yea it was 4.4 and who cares what the average was. It doesnt tell us nothing. We still werent able to move the ball and thats what matters. If a guy breaks one big run his average goes up significantly so that tells me nothing.

After watching 3 games of preseason now with 3 different QB's throwing the ball it's obvious that we are just a dink and dunk offense. Henne's greatest asset is supposed to be his rocket arm, yet he almost never launches a pass over 20 yards.

Our 3rd down offense, both 3rd and long and 3rd and short, is an embarrassment so far under Henning. We have to find some answers folks. I am shocked that we let Tampa Bay sit in a cover 2 and didnt run any flood routes with verts forcing one Safety to cover two WR's.

The complete neglect of the Wildcat also bothers me, I don't care about the element of surprise because that is only good for a week anyhow, and running things for the first time in a real game can be a dangerous gamble.

I think we have a serious problem with both our long passing game and our screen game passing the ball. We are poor at both and need to fix it!

That adds to my playcalling rant. We didn't run the ball...we are way too quick to abandon the run.

Ronnie needs at least 20 touches a game, not including Wildcat or receiving.

We were playing from behind. I find it as disappointing as anyone else that we abandoned a good running game, but we really didn't have much of a choice. The fact of the matter is, we had four turnovers in a game where we were behind and we had to pass.

We barely ran when we were down 7-0 the whole first half. I think you're safe running the football when you're just down a touchdown.

Back
Top Bottom