Daniel Jeremiah has Miami taking QB Josh Allen at pick 11 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah has Miami taking QB Josh Allen at pick 11

That completion percentage, 56%, bothers me. It would bother me less if it wasn't static 2 years in a row. Is it a mechanical flaw? Is it a product of poor decision making? Poor ball placement? All of the above? Allen looks like a minimum 2 year project. If we're talking about the bottom of the 1st round, maybe, but not at #11.

Living in Colorado, I have seen Allen play against Air Force and CSU. He has good size and a solid arm, but I just think he kind of disappears at times. If it came down to Mayfield, Jackson and Allen, I would take Mayfield, then Jackson and then Allen, in that order.

Adam Gase will like Josh Allen. I don't think that will be enough that Miami will take him at 11 but I am pretty sure Gase will like him.

He's going to have plenty of company. Once Josh Allen goes through those passing drills every coach in attendance is going to like him.

Let's put it this way...it won't be a Tim Couch type situation. Couch was somehow the consensus #1 prospect but the newly reborn Browns continued to be unimpressed with him during workouts. I kept hoping they would snap out of it but they brought him back to their complex or visited him until they finally talked themselves into it. Butch Davis' career was immediately jeopardized.

Maybe Gase thinks he's special enough he'll get another chance even if Tannehill and this Dolphins gig doesn't pan out.

I couldn't risk that if I were a head coach. You can't afford to be labeled. I'd want my own guy. Young posters here often bring up the Belichick/Cleveland example without realizing Belichick was already a decade+ legend as defensive coordinator under Parcells. He never had to worry about another chance, no matter what he did in Cleveland.

Another poster in this thread had an awesome description of Josh Allen: He sometimes disappears during games. Exactly. I've been struggling for a description of it. That's as good as any.

The awesome talent is on display, and then you wonder where it went? He'll be 3 and out seemingly without reason or concern.

I think it would be a fascinating pick. Allen would wow in preseason. Then you stick him in meaningful games and I have no idea how quickly or well he would process or sense.

I would say the most annoying things about Josh Allen are his tendency to abandon the pocket and the fact he didn't (until his very last game) ever seem to bring *IT* to the table when he was in front of a really big crowd, on a really big stage.

Otherwise, I love him. I take him all day.

Josh Allen will be 22 by the start of the season... the same age Aaron Rodgers was when drafted. I could envision a scenario where he is drafted with intent to sit behind Tannehill for a few years to develop until Tannehill either fails or Allen outperforms him. As Awsi mentioned, it would be in Gase's best interests to hedge his bet on Tannehill with a solid prospect behind him. I think it would be a responsible thing to do because you simply don't know when the team will be in position to draft a solid QB prospect again. There are still too many questions around Tannehill, both talent and injury-wise to forego a good prospect right now

I wouldn't trade up for him, but if he is there at 11 I take him.

I think in all likelihood Josh Allen is not going to be there at 11, but you do have to do your due diligence, especially in case you have to face the guy in the future.

You never know. People were caught with their pants down when Aaron Rodgers tumbled beyond the Top 5. The GMs that were in charge back then largely admit now that what happened is they'd never seriously entertained taking Aaron Rodgers because they didn't think he would fall to their pick.

Maybe the more interesting question is what the Dolphins would do if Josh Rosen were to be available at their 11th pick. Or Baker Mayfield.

I am no draft expert, quite the opposite - by the 6th round I haven't even heard of most of the players. But I do know this much - mock drafts at this point of the year and worse than garbage

I think in all likelihood Josh Allen is not going to be there at 11, but you do have to do your due diligence, especially in case you have to face the guy in the future.

You never know. People were caught with their pants down when Aaron Rodgers tumbled beyond the Top 5. The GMs that were in charge back then largely admit now that what happened is they'd never seriously entertained taking Aaron Rodgers because they didn't think he would fall to their pick.

Maybe the more interesting question is what the Dolphins would do if Josh Rosen were to be available at their 11th pick. Or Baker Mayfield.

Given the choice, I could see Gase pushing for Mayfield

Given the choice, I could see Gase pushing for Mayfield

I would bet against it. Call it a hunch. I know Adam Gase hates the spread with a passion. He seems to have some sort of relationship with Kliff Kingsbury, and Kingsbury does not get along with Baker Mayfield at all, based on how Baker's time at Texas Tech ended.

If Adam Gase calls his pal Kliff Kingsbury to ask about Baker Mayfield, I don't think he's going to hear great things about Baker's attitude or the family that hovers over him. Hell, Jakeem Grant may not even have very nice things to say about him.

I am sure Gase will allow for the possibility that Baker has grown up a bit during his time at Oklahoma. But what I am saying is, there won't be a POSITIVE check mark in that box. And that could easily be enough to bump him out of consideration at pick 11.

I would bet against it. Call it a hunch. I know Adam Gase hates the spread with a passion. He seems to have some sort of relationship with Kliff Kingsbury, and Kingsbury does not get along with Baker Mayfield at all, based on how Baker's time at Texas Tech ended.

If Adam Gase calls his pal Kliff Kingsbury to ask about Baker Mayfield, I don't think he's going to hear great things about Baker's attitude or the family that hovers over him. Hell, Jakeem Grant may not even have very nice things to say about him.

I am sure Gase will allow for the possibility that Baker has grown up a bit during his time at Oklahoma. But what I am saying is, there won't be a POSITIVE check mark in that box. And that could easily be enough to bump him out of consideration at pick 11.

Interesting take, cheers CK. I just thought he was very much Gase's kind of player, but I am not well informed about the behind the scenes stuff

PICK 11
Josh Allen - QB, Wyoming

This would be a bit of a surprise, but the Dolphins can't continue to rely on Ryan Tannehill.
- Daniel Jeremiah

mrw-a-friends-brings-an-unexpected-guest-111397.gif

I would say the most annoying things about Josh Allen are his tendency to abandon the pocket and the fact he didn't (until his very last game) ever seem to bring *IT* to the table when he was in front of a really big crowd, on a really big stage.

Otherwise, I love him. I take him all day.

That is my biggest problem with Josh Allen, Just from watching "tape" (youtube lol) Ive noticed he abandons the pocket way too much. CK can you think of a NFL QB who had a similar college career as Josh Allen? Small school with stats that didn't light up the world? I know Big Ben had a pretty decorative college career. I'm just really curious.

Back
Top Bottom