Daniel Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

love his burst through the line. he runs most of his stuff single back to. i think with our improved line, and hopefully an improved polite this guy will have a good year.

His running style is almost straight up, very little body lean. He is going to take alot of punishment.

his line at KSU sucked....i would love to see him behind a good line, if we can get the line ssituation fixed this kid could be a beast.

That's the one thing I noticed when I watched the Universal Draft video of him. His O-Line is terrible, and yet he still managed 1600 yards and 19 TD's at 5.3 YPC.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

His running style is almost straight up, very little body lean. He is going to take alot of punishment.

He's only been playing RB 2 years. Running closer to the ground can be coached.

What I like is his vision and patience to see the holes and cut-back lanes, wait for them to open up, then he has the juke and explosion to hit the holes for additional yardage. He is definitely not Chris Johnson with his speed but it is more than adequate and his style fits the Dolphins current philosophy, be that as it may. After seeing the videos of him, he is certainly a lot like Ronnie but seems to have far better vision, first moves, and cut-back ability that Ronnie ever dared to have. How many times has Ronnie left tons of additional yards on the table by running into the pile or missing the cut-back lane. Like most of you, I am not crazy about us continuing to run the Wildcat but if we are, this kid appears to be a great trigger-man as he can find the seams and hit them quickly as well as throw and fake the throw (the fake jump-pass was killer!). I wasn't thrilled at first but am liking this pick a whole lot more.

I'm not saying he will become Adrian Peterson but the way he runs with the ball remind me a lot of him.

I like the pick. I hate how they went about getting him.
Are you talking about what gave up to get him? To go from the 3rd round to the 2nd round, all they had to give up was a 5th and 7th round pick, it wasn't really that bad of a trade. In fact, according the the draft pick value chart, the Dolphins came out with more points than the Redskins.

The thing I like about him is that he has proven he can be a 20-30 carry a game back, that is something Ronnie was never able to do. By the end of his time in Miami, I think they actually feared giving him more than 10-15 carries a game because he was so prone to injury. Sadly if Ronnie would have been the complete feature back, he probably doesn't finish the year last season.

I'm liking this pick more and more every day. You don't need insane speed to be a good rb, like say Steven Jackson for example.

is it just me, or it's a young version of Ronnie Brown ???

Maybe. If you're implying the Ronnie before his whole dancing syndrome. Let's hope this kid is a bit more durable. Ronnie wasn't awful by any means (not worth 2nd pick) before he was getting hurt and started dancing. We better fix this kids fumbling and the straight up running though. The video I saw of this kid what I liked was his cuts and how he seems to anticipate the defenders and almost set them up.

Back
Top Bottom