Davone Bess is a Playmaker | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess is a Playmaker

let him go to a team that needs him more. I dont have any problems with him, but it seems he just doesn't fit in our new plans, no harm done!

Bess is a great guy to have on your team if you need a leader for a young team and to consistently grind out 3rd downs.

On that note, this team has brought in a good group of receivers who will fill in nicely. Hartline will have to be the guy to take the leadership role in the receiving corps. This offense isn't built to only pick up 3rd downs, it's built to stay away from them. Unfortunately, he is too short and slow to find his niche on this team. I'm sure everyone would love to keep him around as a #4, but he would be by far the highest paid #4 out there. It's time we let him go to another team where he can pick up where he left off.

With Binns injured now, how in the hell are we going to replace all of this WPA?

I know it was a multiple player effort, combining the WPA of Wallace, Gibson, and Binns just to make up for Bess, but how are we going to be able to overcome now?

With Binns injured now, how in the hell are we going to replace all of this WPA?

I know it was a multiple player effort, combining the WPA of Wallace, Gibson, and Binns just to make up for Bess, but how are we going to be able to overcome now?

Bess had the WPA... but short arms

We'll replace it with ARM LENGTH! :woot:

Bess had the WPA... but short arms

Odd combination. That just shows how special of a player Bess is.

Usually the longer the arms, the higher the WPA.

For a player with short arms to have that much WPA is nothing short of amazing.

bess is a freak, just look at the guy

clear.gif

Even with just one picture, you can clearly see just how much pure WPA the guy has

you have to factor in the distance between his shoulders, it creates a longer wingspan but the arms are still length of others who may or may not be more successful. at any rate, his WPA was one-dimensional 20% of the time

I wonder what the WPA/Arm length formula is?

I think someone needs to find a random 14 year old Lions fan with a twitter so we can find out lol

Junc seems to be the best person for this task, his dedication to the fins is unparalled

these kind of threads come about because the dolphins havnt had any BONAFIDE, REAL TALENT on offense [and only a small few on defense] in a long, long time.

brandon marshall used his miami stop to refuel for the pro bowl and the chicago bears.

so when your team hasnt produced any real talent, guys start getting hyped. and hyped BIG in some situations. i havn't seen a team get so ga-ga over expendable players in my life. from rob konrad to the recent sean smith debacle, people have gone spit slober over "marginal talent at best" players.

when your stranded on a desert island and you havnt had anything to eat in weeks, that ****roach starts looking like a pork chop!

and you see the comments when discussing one of these "roaches", " yeah, but, last year he had that sweet int in the endzone" the player hadnt had a pic since, and only that one in 3 years, but, he had that pic, he can do it, its everyone around him thats bad! same scenerio with a wr, "yeah, but remember 2 years ago he beat [place decent cb name here] for td, he is a stud!! even though thats the only one said player has had since being drafted 3 years previous!!

these are samples, but some of you may get the point. the fans treat some of these players like there perenial pro bowlers and cant be touched. and its all because we havnt had REAL playmakers, consistant playmakers in many years so everytime one of these hyped types, offense or defense makes a td, or int or sack, even though its a RARE thing for them, people act like they do this every week!!

if ireland doesnt get everyone fired, i believe we have a great coach in philbin. reminds me a LOT of tom landry. and if he stays around, he will have this team humming. and if ireland gets the heave and philbin is retained then they should let philbin have more personel decisions. we will have talent again and people will look back and scratch there heads and say, "why did i ever think [place crappy players name here] was worth a crap?".

bess was a GOOD player, but could be covered one on one, wasnt fast, and couldnt find the endzone with a GPS!!

not what i consider a "play maker". more a complimentary player.

Back
Top Bottom