DC Weavers Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Weavers Press Conference

This I really like

- Number four revelation was his plan to call the game from the sideline. I’ve speculated in the past that Fangio’s being in the booth disconnected him from player feedback and may have contributed to the Dolphins going thru egregious stretches during games where the defense couldn’t stop a damn thing the other side was doing. Being on the sidelines, Weaver will be more accessible to the players and their feedback. But he will need someone in the box functioning as his eye in the sky, someone he trusts implicitly

When Staley was being mentioned as Fangio's potential replacement, I was really concerned. So far, I'm pretty excited about the Weaver addition. Having that background in Baltimore is awesome as that defense does it right.

Using Ramsey in different ways just makes sense (Staley did that too). Interesting that Weaver mentioned Wilkins. I know there are a lot of opinions out there, but if Miami lets him go the defense is going to dip IMO.

As an aside, I think Weaver could have it rough in the beginning of the season. I hope fans recognize that and we don't see the "fire Weaver" threads early!

When Staley was being mentioned as Fangio's potential replacement, I was really concerned. So far, I'm pretty excited about the Weaver addition. Having that background in Baltimore is awesome as that defense does it right.

Using Ramsey in different ways just makes sense (Staley did that too). Interesting that Weaver mentioned Wilkins. I know there are a lot of opinions out there, but if Miami lets him go the defense is going to dip IMO.

As an aside, I think Weaver could have it rough in the beginning of the season. I hope fans recognize that and we don't see the "fire Weaver" threads early!
Getting Phillips and Chubb back and ready to play is critical

The sooner the better

It also sounds like Weaver has plans to move Holland around as well.

I like his enthusiasm and his comments on how he plans on playing defense.

Ramsey is usually one of the best if not the best player on the field. Moving him to the point of the action makes total sense.
Ramsey, when fully engaged, is the equivalent to Hill on offense, that's how special he can be.
We have to maximize his skills cuz he's a difference maker.....

"Work them hard, and love them up"

I really love that quote, and is it a coincidence that it reminds me of Mike McDaniel?

Totally different feel from Fangio.

Mean no disrespect to someone as accomplished and as good at his job as Fangio has been, but the chemistry with the coaches and Mike McDaniel in Miami was like oil and water, just didn't mix well.

This feels like a more comfortable situation for the team, let's hope it brings better, more consistent results.

I like him. He's well spoken, and seems to be very flexible to scheming! Man it's about time we got someone who recognizes that. That was my only gripe about the fangio. I voiced that right away as my only concern when we hired the fangio. But anyway weaver seems like a nice fit so far. We will see how that translates onto the field tho

Back
Top Bottom