DC Weavers Press Conference | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Weavers Press Conference

I hate to be the kind of wow can't wait to see this transformed great defense and yet I hesitate. I was too excited when Fangio came aboard and watched some horrible defensive games as it seemed like that was a Jekyll and Hyde defense. Watching Ramsey early on get amazing interceptions only to not see them come any more after two or watching and looking for Holland.... when Fangio's defense, he was supposed to help him be a great ball hawk.

I hope Weaver is the answer and hope every addition always helps take these fins over the top.

I also think the defense is not going to be as good as last year........YIKES .....convince me I am wrong!!!!!!

- reasons are:
1. The injuries that will linger (Phillips, Chubb, maybe Holland?)
2. Did we see a Ramsey who was electric coming into his first few games as a Fin. Then, he became lethargic and rode the paycheck???? Or is it he just was not thrown at anymore??? Can't be the last one as I remember many down the stretch that he seemed to be in coverage. Please correct me and give me hope there!!!!!
3. Weaver did not have a great defense in Houston was it?
4. The Baltimore smash unit----- they have those guys that have that mentality. We have finesse defenders with talent and maybe some egos. I still think their egos are why Chubb got hurt, not wanting to come out of a game that was lost and wanting to prove they could stop the Ravens. I hope I am again wrong!!!!
5. We will lose some good defenders to FA and may not replace them easily
6. Top draft picks are likely going to Oline as they should.

I guess I will wait and see and truly hope that I can join a Weaver train

when its not all about words and more about execution and results.
Far be it for me to be optimistic about this team's immediate future (because I'm really not), but some of those points are mitigated by existing information (i.e., if nothing else changes between now and the season, which it will).

1. Agreed.
2. Ramsey wasn't used to his potential by Fangio, IMO.
3. Agreed, however, he has learned with the best over the past few years. I don't believe his Houston defense is a reason to worry about how he'll do with this unit.
4. Agreed. He'll need to establish that culture in spite of his owner, GM and HC.
5. Disagree. I think most if not all we'll lose isn't very hard to replace, and Grier has shown he can fill defensive spots respectably, overall. Let Weaver have his input and get to it.
6. No clue here, though I'd agree we need OL.

This isn't entirely accurate. They did different things at different times but 'loved' C2 etc. ? No.

Here's an article that describes how they used coverages in games and how they attacked the gaps.

Yeah, there wasn't much cover-2. I also think he will draw from his earlier experiences, even though the Ravens scheme will be the foundation. He mentioned Romeo Crenel as his biggest influence - yes, from a player relationship standpoint foremost, but rest assured that influence will also show up in X's and O's.

Cautiously optimistic. But, if this guy can gameplan for each opponent and implement a defensive scheme for each teams strength, as opposed to trotting out the same defense each week hoping it will just work, I'm on board. Oh, also in game adjustments would be a major plus!! We'll see what happens come September. Definitely gonna be rooting for him to succeed!

You are selling David Long short, no pun intended. David Long did a great job this season. I think he can be even more effective playing in a better scheme, and hopefully with an upgrade in talent at the other linebacker positions.
Sure thing bud

I hate to be the kind of wow can't wait to see this transformed great defense and yet I hesitate. I was too excited when Fangio came aboard and watched some horrible defensive games as it seemed like that was a Jekyll and Hyde defense. Watching Ramsey early on get amazing interceptions only to not see them come any more after two or watching and looking for Holland.... when Fangio's defense, he was supposed to help him be a great ball hawk.

I hope Weaver is the answer and hope every addition always helps take these fins over the top.

I also think the defense is not going to be as good as last year........YIKES .....convince me I am wrong!!!!!!

- reasons are:
1. The injuries that will linger (Phillips, Chubb, maybe Holland?)
2. Did we see a Ramsey who was electric coming into his first few games as a Fin. Then, he became lethargic and rode the paycheck???? Or is it he just was not thrown at anymore??? Can't be the last one as I remember many down the stretch that he seemed to be in coverage. Please correct me and give me hope there!!!!!
3. Weaver did not have a great defense in Houston was it?
4. The Baltimore smash unit----- they have those guys that have that mentality. We have finesse defenders with talent and maybe some egos. I still think their egos are why Chubb got hurt, not wanting to come out of a game that was lost and wanting to prove they could stop the Ravens. I hope I am again wrong!!!!
5. We will lose some good defenders to FA and may not replace them easily
6. Top draft picks are likely going to Oline as they should.

I guess I will wait and see and truly hope that I can join a Weaver train

when its not all about words and more about execution and results.

View attachment 160813

There are valid concerns but I will say one should not be Ramsey. Ramsey from all accounts was pretty annoyed with how he was used, and one of the complaints from the defensive backs was the group as a whole was annoyed by the use. They wanted to trail more (as in follow WRs), and one thing I did notice teams caught on to was that we were very rarely gonna move our CBs around which resulted in teams like Dallas, Buffalo, and KC moving their number 1 guys into the slot to match against Kahou. End of the day, while Fangio did do a lot of good statistically with the defense, there were plenty of instances where adjustments in game just weren't there.

As for Weaver with Houston? Yeah defense was bad, but even the fans/beat writers from Houston all seem to agree that was less a Weaver thing and more a "we did not have the players aside from JJ Watt to compete" thing. Their CBs most of the year were Lonnie Johnson and Vernon Hargreaves. Plus, Weaver himself has said he's going to be doing more of what the Ravens did to what he did in Houston.

Gink, Wilkins, Howard, Jones, Baker are all gone.

Chubb and Phillips can't be expected to make an impact.

So we'll rely on the injury prone remaining scraps.

#SetUpForSuccess

This DC has zero chance to succeed.

Gink, Wilkins, Howard, Jones, Baker are all gone.

Chubb and Phillips can't be expected to make an impact.

So we'll rely on the injury prone remaining scraps.

#SetUpForSuccess

This DC has zero chance to succeed.
Always love your positive attitude.

Especially during the ****ing off-season.

Back
Top Bottom