DeAndre Hopkins at 12? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAndre Hopkins at 12?

you really want to judge him off of one game? by that logic geno is worthy of the first overall pick since he completely shredded LSU's defense last year. he had a good game. with that said. there are still 4 wideouts in this draft that are IMO are better than him, and a 5th being debatable.

One game? He is second in the nation to Stedman Bailey in TD receptions and has a higher ypc average than Bailey. He is on the leaderboard for pretty much any WR stat that you want to measure. He did this playing across from Sammy Watkins, who also had alot of targets. He did this while playing only the first half of several games because the starters were yanked due to big leads. Yes, he did it against the ACC, but he had no choice in that as he could only play his schedule.

he did play 3 SEC teams this year and his average for those 3 games was 9 catches for 118yds and 1.3 TDs per outing.

I did see a mock where Woods fell to Miami in the 2nd. Can't recall who the 1st rd was.

If the phins reach in the 1st it s/b for Montgomery (LSU DE). Miami should take long hard look @ the Clemson TE if they don't get Eifert.

If not Woods there WILL be a very good WR for us in the second. Maybe even Hopkins. I don't care for Montgomery. I'd rather have Mingo or Okafor. Clemson TE Ford does not excite me. Late round project at best.

All productive WRs, great for a Philbin system, similar to what GB has going for them, great productivity and efficiency, no Alpha WR...How many rings do Megatron, Larry Fitz, and Andre Johnson, TO, and Ochocinco have? none...Get 2 from that list, suddenly RT has open targets!!

Two from that list? I'd take Megatron and Fitz, then. In all seriousness, I am hoping we get a proven WR in FA and one off this list. Breaking in two rookie WRs is tough. We also need the picks for other positions.

Deandre Hopkins is a very good WR IMO and this class is loaded with good WR's.

This wr class may have the most wr drafted ever!!

im pretty much locked into 3 players who fit and who would turn this offense into 25-30 point offense.

Jennings, Bailey, and Tyler Eifert. Bailey is just a guy who plays the game with flair and attitude ala steve smith as i beleive Datruth compared him to. After watching the Syracuse bowl game i agree.

One game? He is second in the nation to Stedman Bailey in TD receptions and has a higher ypc average than Bailey. He is on the leaderboard for pretty much any WR stat that you want to measure. He did this playing across from Sammy Watkins, who also had alot of targets. He did this while playing only the first half of several games because the starters were yanked due to big leads. Yes, he did it against the ACC, but he had no choice in that as he could only play his schedule.

he did play 3 SEC teams this year and his average for those 3 games was 9 catches for 118yds and 1.3 TDs per outing.

You can argue that Sammy Watkins drew most of the attention from the defense so he pretty much saw single coverage for most of every game too. Also, one of the SEC teams he played was Auburn who was garbage this year and their defense ranked 81st out of 120. Against South Carolina he had just 1 catch for 43 yards and it was a TD but he was shutdown for the most part. And yes the ACC was awful in defense this past season. In 2011 the ACC had 6 teams in the top 50 in total defense, this past season that dropped to 4 teams compared to the SEC that had 7 teams this past season.

I'm not saying this guy isn't a good WR but you guys are having the same knee jerk reaction to a big game that happens after a loss for the Dolphins during the season. If Sammy Watkins doesn't get hurt on the first play of the game Hopkins probably doesn't see 20+ passes thrown his way but he cashed in so good for him.

he can play. no one is questioning that. i'm just saying that there are at least 4 other receivers that will more than likely be picked before him because they are either better than him or have an higher upside than him. would i take him at 12. hell no. taking him at 12 when you have better players than him on the board at DE, CB, and WR would make no sense. would i take him in round 2? definitely. but there is no way that im taking hopkins over guys like allen, austin, hunter, or patterson. regardless of the stats he puts up.

You can argue that Sammy Watkins drew most of the attention from the defense so he pretty much saw single coverage for most of every game too. Also, one of the SEC teams he played was Auburn who was garbage this year and their defense ranked 81st out of 120. Against South Carolina he had just 1 catch for 43 yards and it was a TD but he was shutdown for the most part. And yes the ACC was awful in defense this past season. In 2011 the ACC had 6 teams in the top 50 in total defense, this past season that dropped to 4 teams compared to the SEC that had 7 teams this past season.

I'm not saying this guy isn't a good WR but you guys are having the same knee jerk reaction to a big game that happens after a loss for the Dolphins during the season. If Sammy Watkins doesn't get hurt on the first play of the game Hopkins probably doesn't see 20+ passes thrown his way but he cashed in so good for him.

You could argue that, but it would be a failed arguement. Hopkin's biggest games stat wise came when Sammy was not in the lineup. Sammy was suspend then hurt, then hurt again. Hopkin's stats dropped when Sammy was in the lineup. For Hopkins, his draft position is likely tied to his 40 time. At 4.4 he will go before the Dolphins pick in second round. At 4.5 we have a chance round two. In truth though, I think a real TE like Ertz is a more pressing need, as there are only 2 real difference makers that might come out. There are plenty of WRs that could be WR2 in the NFL coming out this year. I am not sure there are ANY WR1s in this draft.

I take a pass rusher 1st, 2a I pray one of the two TEs are available, and 2b gets a WR in my draft. That all depends on who we sign, and who the BPA is when we pick at 12. And for the record, while I have defended Hopkins, I wouldn't pock him at 12 for the Fins, but wouldn't be shocked if he goes in the first, esp. if he runs 4.4.

I'm a fan of Hopkins. Definitely prefer him to Williams or Hunter. If we're hellbent on taking a WR 1st then we're going to have to trade down. There are no unquestioned superstar WRs in this draft yet so many interesting later round choices. Why would we sacrifice BPA by reaching for a WR at 12 when we'll still be in position to pick up a Bailey, Wilson, Wheaton, Patterson, King in later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom