Death of a Finatic (symbolic) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Death of a Finatic (symbolic)

You completely missed my point. I am sure the players were slacking as you put it. I agreed with you there. The questions need to ask are; why suddenly dolphins players are slacking? Why players on the other teams do not ( or not to our degree ) ‘slack’? Given the same circumstance, will other coaches in the league do a better job? ( including a contingency plan for center position during off season ). Our offense looks totally unprepared to start every game, does it totally fall on players?

We need to answer these questions. Not just say Gase took us to playoff in his first year, therefore he can do no wrong.

I think they were slacking because of being young and overconfident after reaching the playoffs last year. Just my opinion since I don't personally know why. Other players don't only slack but have quit on their teams this year (Elliott and Apple). Mcadoo came out and said he'll bench anyone (even Eli). Almost the same thing Gase did. Gase has come out and admitted he's made mistakes. These guys are grown men at a professional job. They should do their homework without Gase as a babysitter. I don't think he can do no wrong but the criticism is unfounded. He's 4-4 with a retired QB who was never really that good. Not having Tannehill is a huge reason why we have underperformed on offense. That's not a coincidence. Look at the Texans once their starter went down. Look at Green Bay. There's a trend there. I think the offensive issues have 90% to do with Tannehill being out. No QB run threat, limits mistakes, had a 93 rating last year, knows the receivers tendencies, and commands an offense better than Cutler. I obviously am not in the locker room so I don't have factual answers on why Ajayi and others didn't study the playbook. The players all but acknowledged they were not taking it seriously and it changed after Gase went off and traded Ajayi according to Pouncey. I'm guessing Gase went up to the players first before calling them out on National TV. Seems like the message was taken. Until we have Tannehill back, our offense will be near the bottom of the league. Sucks but the Texans and Packers fans feel our pain lol

Hmm ... Finatic Bob was 10 years old in '66 ... WOW! I didn't know that! He must be right. :facepalm

Why the **** do people on the internet feel the need to whip out credentials? Like they mean a damn thing from an anonymous person anyway. :laugh

I went to middle school with a member of Shula's extended family. I know what I'm talking about.

For all those people saying Gase took us to the playoffs in his first year...SO DID SPARANO. One year wonders abound in the NFL coaching circles. It's kind of a thing.

For all those people saying Gase took us to the playoffs in his first year...SO DID SPARANO. One year wonders abound in the NFL coaching circles. It's kind of a thing.
:laugh 1.5 years into his career, and he's already the meatball. :facepalm

Back
Top Bottom