DEFENSE puts RONNIE on notice!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DEFENSE puts RONNIE on notice!!!

On a brighter note let this guy show us what he can do alone and see what this year brings us . I'm not sold on ronnie either but will never wish for him to bring us down i

FINSERG: this is exactly what the article and the miami defensive players
are saying. whatcha gonna do this year ronnie? we expect a lot considering
your spot and pay.....

who is wishing for him to bring "us" down? who POSTED that?

OK, I understand your animosity towards this,but honestly, Braylon Edwards is not injury proned. He tore his ACL last season and he had a huge recovery. If someone gets hurt one time, they're not injury proned.

DOLFAN23: very good post! couldn't have said it better.

MILE HIGH FIN: yes! if we went wr, i wanted braylon. if we went
rb, i wanted cadillac williams. i said over and over BEFORE the draft
i didn't want ronnie brown in the 1st round.

show us all the post MILE HIGH [that name fits] before the draft
where you posted that braylon would come in, catch a major staff
infection [that others on the browns came down with] and that he
would blow his knee?

was he injured alot in college? post the proof!

and a challenge: cut and paste the post where i said i hope ronnie
fails! if i felt that way i would post it for sure!!

if you can do that, cut and paste MY words, saying that i hope
he fails, i will leave the board for good.

can you do that? or is all this just you flappin' your gums and lashing
out because you think i dissed your boy ronnie? got the quote ready?

i guess we shall see huh MILE HIGH? cut and paste kid, lets see ya
back it up!!!

I bet Ronnie does better this year than Reggie Bush. With his 200 lb. size, if Reggie doesn't have some good blocking he's probably not going to do all that well. The most talented running back in the NFL isn't going to look good if he has a mediocre or bad offensive line. The NFL is more of a team game than ever. You can't have many weak links or you won't go very far ...and that includes the 2nd and 3rd stringers too. Just look at how Belichick can get his 2nd and 3rd stringers to play at fairly high levels when one of their 1st stringers gets hurt.

Reggie Bush has some things that Ronnie needs to work on like making those sharp cuts and getting good at spotting holes developing in the line. Ronnie has a lot of things that Reggie might never have ...like the ability to take that big hit he took in last year's KC game and then turn on the 4.40 speed and haul azz 65 yards to the goal line. Ronnie can run hard inside AND bust a big one outside with his speed.

I bet Ronnie's actually running below 4.40 these days after his offseason training program at places like Athlete's Performance (http://www.athletesperformance.com/). I think I heard him say he was a bit leaner and trying to stay around 230 lbs. ...to get a little more speed and quickness. I heard that Rudi Johnson with the Bengals is doing the same thing. Larry Johnson is playing at 230 lbs. too.

With a little more practice on hitting the holes, bursting at just the right times and doing some of those Reggie Bush-style cuts, I bet Ronnie's going to be a Top 5 back this year. He'll have a lot of carries this year to get good at it. He ought to be practicing his burst and sharp cuts in practice and in his back yard .... doing those 20 and 40 yard shuttle runs WITH the football, etc.

Ronnie also ought to find somebody to throw him the ball on a regular basis to keep his receiving skills sharp. I bet Ronnie will probably be driving defensive coordinators nuts this year with his receiving skills ... I hear Daunte likes to throw to his tight ends and backs when he's getting pressure.

I read that Darian Barnes was carrying around a tennis ball everywhere he goes to keep his hand-eye coordination and focus sharp. I think all the guys who might be catching the ball ought to be doing things like this. They should be practicing all those little details of their positions just like Tiger Woods does in golf ...getting a little better every week. A bunch of those little things done really well together can add up to BIG performances on the field this fall.

Redneck Friend said:

would blow his knee?

back it up!!!

Uh, you have me confused with another poster....
I have not brought up Braylon Edwards at all....
Look back if you must....

By the way, FYI - "Mile High" refers to the fact I live in Colorado (literally a mile above sea level).

:wink:

DolphinsFan23 said:
I bet Ronnie does better this year than Reggie Bush. With his 200 lb. size, if Reggie doesn't have some good blocking he's probably not going to do all that well. The most talented running back in the NFL isn't going to look good if he has a mediocre or bad offensive line. The NFL is more of a team game than ever. You can't have many weak links or you won't go very far ...and that includes the 2nd and 3rd stringers too. Just look at how Belichick can get his 2nd and 3rd stringers to play at fairly high levels when one of their 1st stringers gets hurt.

Reggie Bush has some things that Ronnie needs to work on like making those sharp cuts and getting good at spotting holes developing in the line. Ronnie has a lot of things that Reggie might never have ...like the ability to take that big hit he took in last year's KC game and then turn on the 4.40 speed and haul azz 65 yards to the goal line. Ronnie can run hard inside AND bust a big one outside with his speed.

I bet Ronnie's actually running below 4.40 these days after his offseason training program at places like Athlete's Performance (http://www.athletesperformance.com/). I think I heard him say he was a bit leaner and trying to stay around 230 lbs. ...to get a little more speed and quickness. I heard that Rudi Johnson with the Bengals is doing the same thing. Larry Johnson is playing at 230 lbs. too.

With a little more practice on hitting the holes, bursting at just the right times and doing some of those Reggie Bush-style cuts, I bet Ronnie's going to be a Top 5 back this year. He'll have a lot of carries this year to get good at it. He ought to be practicing his burst and sharp cuts in practice and in his back yard .... doing those 20 and 40 yard shuttle runs WITH the football, etc.

Ronnie also ought to find somebody to throw him the ball on a regular basis to keep his receiving skills sharp. I bet Ronnie will probably be driving defensive coordinators nuts this year with his receiving skills ... I hear Daunte likes to throw to his tight ends and backs when he's getting pressure.

I read that Darian Barnes was carrying around a tennis ball everywhere he goes to keep his hand-eye coordination and focus sharp. I think all the guys who might be catching the ball ought to be doing things like this. They should be practicing all those little details of their positions just like Tiger Woods does in golf ...getting a little better every week. A bunch of those little things done really well together can add up to BIG performances on the field this fall.

Excellent post

Redneck Friend said:
EARL: did you read this article?

i didn't write it.

don't lash at me! i am not ronnie brown.

now is your chance to defend him or agree with the article.

lashing at me doesn't cure ronnies issues.

What exactly are Ronnie's "issues"???

:evil:

:0wned:

Guys,
get real. This isn't a negative thing like you make it. He's a stud back, and he 's gonna be great.There is nothing wrong with the defense motivated him, and instilling their confidence in a young back. Get over it.

Redneck Friend said:
the defense [thankfully] is keeping tabs on one mr. ronnie brown!

there is a comment posted in the herald about ronnie getting comfortable
with his place on the team and yuking it up with the guys.

but the defense has pointedly reminded him.....

i know the sabanists will be blaming the o-line ALL YEAR for ronnies
lack of production. but i agree witht he defense, the o-line is more
than good enough to run behind and ronnie should be producing
some BIG yards.

as i have said over and over, ricky could get 1450 yds out of this line
even WITH benny anderson [who won't be on the line long].

number 2 over all!! 20+ mill up front and a huge salary means we should
see production fitting what he makes and where he was picked.

and i am glad the defense is letting him know it!!!!!

LET THE :fire: :fire: :fire: BEGIN!!!!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15395134.htm

Who replaces Bennie Anderson? Rookie Joe Toledo who's currently injured? Some lineman who can't make another team? It's a little late to shake up the oline. The OL is one unit that benefits from playing together.

BTW, as others have said, it's just not Anderson who's messed up; they've taken turns.

Redneck Friend said:

would blow his knee?

back it up!!!

so what you wanted a bust injury prone WR braylon edwards. i knew he would blow and he proved me right. as far as cadillac, he once again showed his lack of durability. one of the reasons that brown was picked instead of cadillac was cadillac cannot catch the ball or block. rushing and receiving with almost 80 more touches last year he gained 120 yards more than brown, WOW

Some of the people on this board drive me nuts. The pre-season isn't about winning games, its about talent evaluation. Please stop using the pre-season as a basis for bad trends. If you've been a dolphin fan long enough you would never have guessed Danny would be the qb he was by watching him in the preseason. I agree we've got some issues with the oline but I do not expect it to be the problem people are making it out to be.

Redneck Friend said:

Let me ask you these questions...

Do you know that Ricky only had 884 yds on 253 carries in his "Rookie" year?...That's a whopping 3.49 YPC...It took him over 4 years to average over 4.0 YPC...

Do you know how well did Ricky do in 4 Pre Season games in 2003?...A whopping 15 carries for 8 yds or in simple terms 0.533 YPC (not a typo)

Do you know how well Ricky did in 2005 Pre Season games, when Ronnie played behind the same OL?...Ricky averaged 4.2 YPC...

Do you know what Ronnie averaged in his 2 Pre Season games in 2005?... He averaged 4.1 YPC...

Do you know that Ronnie in his "Rookie" year performed better than Ricky did in his?... Ronnie average 4.4 YPC...

Do you know how well Ronnie has done this Pre Season?... Ronnie has
averaged 2.9 YPC...

and last question...

Do you know how well did Ronnie and Ricky do behind the same OL in 2005?... They both averaged 4.4 YPC...

Right of the bat, Ronnie's performance has shown that he is just as good or even better than what Ricky has and can accomplish with the same OL...

So the only thing I get from this thread is... you want others to see your point, to which there is no solid factual basis for... or you just want to get a response like this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Disnardo said:
Let me ask you these questions...

Do you know that Ricky only had 884 yds on 253 carries in his "Rookie" year?...That's a whopping 3.49 YPC...It took him over 4 years to average over 4.0 YPC...

Do you know how well did Ricky do in 4 Pre Season games in 2003?...A whopping 15 carries for 8 yds or in simple terms 0.533 YPC (not a typo)

Do you know how well Ricky did in 2005 Pre Season games, when Ronnie played behind the same OL?...Ricky averaged 4.2 YPC...

Do you know what Ronnie averaged in his 2 Pre Season games in 2005?... He averaged 4.1 YPC...

Do you know that Ronnie in his "Rookie" year performed better than Ricky did in his?... Ronnie average 4.4 YPC...

Do you know how well Ronnie has done this Pre Season?...Ronnie has averaged 2.9 YPC...

Right of the bat, Ronnie's performance has shown that he is just as good or even better than what Ricky can accomplish...

So the only thing I get from this thread is... you don't like our best RB... you want others to see your point, to which there is no solid factual basis for... or you just want to get a response like this...

man... you sure do a better job than me... nice work.

Redneck Friend said:
the defense [thankfully] is keeping tabs on one mr. ronnie brown!

there is a comment posted in the herald about ronnie getting comfortable
with his place on the team and yuking it up with the guys.

but the defense has pointedly reminded him.....

i know the sabanists will be blaming the o-line ALL YEAR for ronnies
lack of production. but i agree witht he defense, the o-line is more
than good enough to run behind and ronnie should be producing
some BIG yards.

even WITH benny anderson [who won't be on the line long].

number 2 over all!! 20+ mill up front and a huge salary means we should
see production fitting what he makes and where he was picked.

and i am glad the defense is letting him know it!!!!!

LET THE :fire: :fire: :fire: BEGIN!!!!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15395134.htm

The O-Line will have to do a MUCH better job for Ronnie (or any back) than they did against the Panthers. Ronnie was getting hit a yard deep in the backfield before he could make a move.

cnc66 said:
man... you sure do a better job than me... nice work.

Thanks Marty, but I just took your lead and add a little bit more...:wink:

Either way, it's still good that they're letting him know we're counting on BIG THINGS from him this year...It's not a game anymore....(even though it is a game)

Back
Top Bottom