Devlin! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin!

I can make a case for Devlin being the #2 quarterback (a very weak case) but benching Tannehill for him is ridiculous.

In the preseason, Devlin showed he had the same skill that Tannehill has right now in getting to the goalline and not scoring.

Who was Devlin playing against? I was under the impression Tannehill was playing against 1's and Devlin against 3's.. But please, correct me if I am wrong. :rolleyes2:

I knew this would get your panties in a bunch. I know that you know so much about football because you didn't waste your time playing football, but instead spent countless long hours studying others playing and listening to what others say. There is no way that you will be convinced until you see it for yourselves, so just wait and see, and remember you heard it here first.
You never answered my serious questions about why Devlin the last time you posted this same suggestion in preseason.

You have advocated for him early in preseason - even before he had his good showings against non-starters. How long have you been following him and are you basing this opinion on something besides this year's preseason games?

How can you suggest with what you have seen that he should be playing ahead of RT?

Easy answer.. He has no idea what he's talking about.. Id just write him off and move on if I were you. He clearly has no clue what he's talking about.
You never answered my serious questions about why Devlin the last time you posted this same suggestion in preseason.

You have advocated for him early in preseason - even before he had his good showings against non-starters. How long have you been following him and are you basing this opinion on something besides this year's preseason games?

How can you suggest with what you have seen that he should be playing ahead of RT?

I know I"m going to take a lot of heat from all the people who know really what they are talking about, but it would really be nice to have a chance to win this year. I don't care about Ireland keeping his job, nor do I really want to gamble again for another 2 or 3 years in the hopes that we have our quarterback.

We know that Devlin will be able to keep us in the game, and not lose it for us. He will have much better decision making, he will move the ball, complete passes, and not throw many ints, batted balls, and sacks. Contrary to poplular opinion, he is more experienced and ready than Tannehill right now.

I know it is early, and I know it won't happen because of Ireland's agenda, but I'm just saying...

:lol: How dare you suggest that Devlin is ready to step up and lead us to "one" FG on offense, throw 5 batted balls, 3 interceptions, fumble a shotgun snap, and throw the ball short on 4th and long resulting in turning the ball over on downs the way only a #8 pick in the draft can.

You did say you knew you were going to take a lot of heat. At this point it is plain sacrilegious to suggest anything other than Tannehill is the man.

I do commend the OP for waiting 3 hours after the game to post this. You just know he wanted to do it in the 2nd quarter

I don't remember what you question was, but College carreer speaks for itself. Also outplayed all our other qbs in minimal pre-season opportunities, if you watched the preseason. He has moved the ball the length of the field on 4 out of his 7 possessions played. Tannehill got to the redzone only 4 times out of all his posessions in the preseason. You say he only played agaisnt 2s and 3s, but that's all he was given, it doesn't mean that he would have been worse against 1s. Besides, he was working with 2s and 3s offensive line and receivers who couldn't get space. Matt Moore was even better against 1s than 2s and 3s.

I'm not saying he should be playing in front of Tannehill (a hefty price was paid for him), I'm just saying that we do better and win a lot more games if he was.

But don't worry, hopefully Tannehill will win us more games than Henne, maybe; and even if Philbin would like to play Devlin, he won't with Ireland running him.

I think you have a very unhealthy obsession with Devlin, dude. Just give it up, man.

I don't remember what you question was, but College carreer speaks for itself. Also outplayed all our other qbs in minimal pre-season opportunities, if you watched the preseason. He has moved the ball the length of the field on 4 out of his 7 possessions played. Tannehill got to the redzone only 4 times out of all his posessions in the preseason. You say he only played agaisnt 2s and 3s, but that's all he was given, it doesn't mean that he would have been worse against 1s. Besides, he was working with 2s and 3s offensive line and receivers who couldn't get space. Matt Moore was even better against 1s than 2s and 3s.

I'm not saying he should be playing in front of Tannehill (a hefty price was paid for him), I'm just saying that we do better and win a lot more games if he was.

But don't worry, hopefully Tannehill will win us more games than Henne, maybe; and even if Philbin would like to play Devlin, he won't with Ireland running him.

If Philbin wanted anyone but Tannehill as the starter, he wouldn't have named him so after week two, when he hadn't done anything to earn the job.

So, you know that Devlin can win for us? Why aren't you working for the FBI?

Why does this sound familiar??? Oh yeah, people said the same thing about...Damon Huard, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, Sage Rosenfels, AJ Feely, John Beck and Tyler Thigpen....It was really depressing making that list.

You should know that college experience NEVER speaks for itself when transitioning to the NFL. When Devlin was on the field, he was against 3rd stringers AND they were in prevent defense most of the time!

I mean, I knew these threads would start eventually, but after the first game???

Back
Top Bottom