Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Dolphins make an all-time franchise mistake?

Depends on whether or not the picks are used to move up for a QB. That's now all I care about. Anything else they do in the draft and I'll hate it.

If they plan on patching holes and going for it this season, then yes -- stupidity. If that's the plan you don't trade your ONLY consistent performer on offense.

From an economic standpoint, NO. There is a salary cap and each team has to make hard decisions on how the money is distributed. He was one of my favorite players, but frankly not worth more than 10-11million. He was offered 13 million and he declined it. Nothing the team can do about it.
Every team loses good players when their demands are excessive. Some people act as if this is unique to the Dolphins and rip Tannenbaum. Look around the league.
If Landry really wanted to be here, he and his agent would have negotiated fairly with the Dolphins. This appears to be an ego thing with Landry and it is about money. His buddy OBJ has already declared publicly that he will be seeking 20 mill.
If he has a hard line stance, he won’t be a Giant much longer.
Teams should be signing big deals to franchise QBs and to elite type players. Landry is very good, but he’s not elite.

Who is now going to take over the routine of catching a first down, standing straight up like a statue pointing straight up with his index finger and then robotically tilting it sideways indicating a first down?

Don't forget the screen passes where he jukes 5 times while trying to evade the defender and only gets 4 yards. Good times.

Landry was a high effort player that did bring a spark and toughness.
He aint worth 16M though.
Now he can count his money sitting in the bowels of Cleveland Stadium.
Money was all he cared about.

Gase’s offense schemes got him open. I don’t see how it won’t help other players. Everyone said the same thing when Ajayi got traded, yet our rush offense improved. I expect the pass offense get better once we stop forcing a ball to one guy when a majority of the catches don’t do anything.

Who is now going to take over the routine of catching a first down, standing straight up like a statue pointing straight up with his index finger and then robotically tilting it sideways indicating a first down?

Better yet.... Who is now going to take over the routine of actually picking up a first down?

I wouldn't be mad about Landry if Parker balled out last season, or if Carroo showed a single sign of promise.

I think he's a great player who wanted more money than he's worth. Is it a mistake to get rid of him? Only if you can't use that money properly to improve the team. And since we're the Dolphins, yes it's a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom