Diluted | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Diluted

dfinsfan said:
I think Wanstadt could be a good Head Coach as long as he really is just sticking to coaching and not to personnel maters. He also needs to let offensive coaches run the teams' offense. I really wonder just how many times he took over the controls and played ultra conservative in the second half of games. I coach Youth tackle football and you never take your foot off the gas no matter what the score is because it can come back to bite you in the a... (i.e. the Monday night meltdown against the Jets

i think he could be a good coach also IF he would do those things and make proper adjustments, etc. when needed. But he hasn't shown the willingness to do those things, so my opinion remains the same and will be as long as he shows the same ole, same ole!! ;)

DeDolfan said:
iMO, this is a pretty ridiculous comparison. Wanny the GM/Wanny the HC! WTF?? This is where I think alot of folks get screwed up in yheir defense of Wanny. If Wanny didn't know what he needed, as a GM, then how in the hell can you expect him to coach? I mean, seriously now, if Wanny the coach knows he needs this or that then why didn't he as the GM go out and get it? Face it, Wannstedt is simply a lost ball in tall grass and won't get the job done.

inFINSible said:
Wannstedt drafted Jamar Fletcher in response to our weakness at the third corner spot. Bad choice but, at least he identified the problem. Next pick, WR, another weakness...How did that one turn out? Then he gets Morlon Greenwood(giving up THE next years' second in the process) because we had a weakness at outside linebacker...again, debatable choice, but still a proper identification of the problem.

The following year, we have no first because he identified another problem and got a franchise running back, we have no second because of the previously mentioned Greenwood acquisition. Who do we take in the third, an offensive lineman, again a correct indentification of a weakness....we didn't have a receiving tightend for Norvs new offense, so who was the next selection?...Randy McMichael. Another need addressed.

now without going through the rest of our selections on an individual basis I'm willing to bet that most if not all can be directly associated with a need on this team.

It seems one of us is confused DeDolfan....See, this was your first question to me....to which I gave you all kinds of examples of draft picks that were chosen specifically to addresss an area of need. No where did I say that Wannstedt chose the CORRECT players...NO WHERE did I state that Wannstedt was even a good GM....As a matter of fact I think he was a bad GM....the whole point was how could a good coach be a bad GM....THATS why I brought up Shula as some people think he was a pretty good coach but, you won't find anybody who thinks he was a good GM...

and then you come at me with this???
How was it he "identified" the Fletcher problem?

Trading for RW was "identifying another problem? gee, I think anyone could have done that. you're simply trying to make his draft choices seem like the efforts of a genius while the last time I noticed was that you draft positions you need, thus "identfying problems", I suppose. Face it, Wannstedt ain't no where close to being a wizard. Drafting a nickle back in the 1st round should tell you that. Blowing that pick pretty much cancels all the other OK picks he made.

BTW, morlon greenwood has nOTHING to do with next yr's second round pick, either!!

Now please point out to me where I tried to make Wanny a wizard? Point out where I tried to make Wanny seem like a genius? Point out where i did anything but, counter your ridiculous claim that a good head coach must be a good GM and vice versa..... :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

inFINSible said:
It seems one of us is confused DeDolfan....See, this was your first question to me....to which I gave you all kinds of examples of draft picks that were chosen specifically to addresss an area of need. No where did I say that Wannstedt chose the CORRECT players...NO WHERE did I state that Wannstedt was even a good GM....As a matter of fact I think he was a bad GM....the whole point was how could a good coach be a bad GM....THATS why I brought up Shula as some people think he was a pretty good coach but, you won't find anybody who thinks he was a good GM...

and then you come at me with this???

Now please point out to me where I tried to make Wanny a wizard? Point out where I tried to make Wanny seem like a genius? Point out where i did anything but, counter your ridiculous claim that a good head coach must be a good GM and vice versa..... :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Because you're defense of Wanny is because he was "able to identify problems by what he drafted". That's pretty basic stuff, but take last yr for instance. We needed OL and WR [just like this yr] ALOT more than we needed a LB with our 1st pick. My point is that he can not clearly identify problem areas let alone drafting the correct player. I haven't even harped on that yet. Your loyalty is admirable, albeit rather blind tho. Custer's ppl were all optimistic and loyal to himj as well and we know what happened there!!

:D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom