Discuss the Jets... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Discuss the Jets...

Jets had a nice draft. They played it safe in the first round and got the foundation for their OL for years to come. The price was pretty high though.

It looks like it's going to be RB-by-committee, with a potentail revolving door at QB for 2006, The WR's / TEs don't scare anyone. Throw in a rookie OC and a rookie HC? Tough to see them get any momentum early in the season.

The defense is going to have trouble getting off the field with pretty much no pass rush (unless mangin schemes his head off). Losing Abraham and replacing him with....who? Who's Law's replacement? That will expose a shaky secondary, just as the loss of Seymour last year exposed the Pats secondary.

Given the fairly 'easy' schedule the Eact has this year, I'd say 7-9 at best, unless the Jets can get 4 wins in the division. I don't think they can do that in 2006.

Andrew Dyson = Ty Law's replacement
Bryan Thomas = Abe's replacement

Mangini will run the 3-4 so the pass rush will come from the outside linebackers.

BZ

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Kellen Clemens is a reach in the second round, especially since they gave up two late picks to move up and grab him.

We traded down from 35 to 53 and also picked up a 6th rounder and a 2nd round pick from the skins for 2007 which could benefit us to picking up a franchise QB or RB by trading up next year.

Yes we did trade 53, 189 and 211 to move up to 49, but at in the end I think the biggest loser of all this trade drama was the Skins giving up a 2nd rounder in 07.

I agree with most sane fans. The Jets on paper had the best draft in the division.

BwanaZulia said:
Andrew Dyson = Ty Law's replacement
Bryan Thomas = Abe's replacement

Mangini will run the 3-4 so the pass rush will come from the outside linebackers.

BZ

You may found there replacements, but the question will be will they be good one's? And who do you see has the blitzing LB in the 3-4 defense?

Ace88 said:
You may found there replacements, but the question will be will they be good one's? And who do you see has the blitzing LB in the 3-4 defense?

I think that is the question for any team that replaces players that had an impact on the team, so that is a mute point!

BleedinGreenNC said:
I think that is the question for any team that replaces players that had an impact on the team, so that is a mute point!

But he is talking about your team and he's wondering what you think.

PatsSuck456 said:
But he is talking about your team and he's wondering what you think.

Ok...

I think the Jets lost one or two really good players but gained on a huge amount of future talent.

It looks like the Jets are going to run a 3-4 which will require a lot more of the LBs to come flying off the corner. Also, Mangini is probably going to put in the Pats defense which uses a lot of changes and disquising of plays.

BZ

nyjunc said:
If both are healthy? Chad, if Chad is close to healthy still Chad. If Chad can't play then I guess I'd rathr have Daunte. Daunte is not a guy I would ever want leading my team though.

HAHA what a joke i mean seriously, how could you ever perfer chad as your starting qb over daunte you know if the jets got daunte you would never say a thing like that its just dissapointing to see that no credit can be given to the dolphins for getting a proven pro bowl qb who has taken his team deep into the playoffs....most importantly though is that chad can never remain healthy and in his whole career as being the starting qb for the jets he has never played the entire season so that just proves that there is no such thing as a healthy chad, he is injury prone and thats a fault to a player

BwanaZulia said:
Ok...

I think the Jets lost one or two really good players but gained on a huge amount of future talent.

True, now you just need to find out if the talent is NFL talent or just college standouts. If they turn out and fulfill their expectations then you should be elated. As for Mangini the coach he is the unknown and the question mark there, right now.

FinFrenzy said:
True, now you just need to find out if the talent is NFL talent or just college standouts. If they turn out and fulfill their expectations then you should be elated. As for Mangini the coach he is the unknown and the question mark there, right now.

I agree.

The whole team is a big question mark.

QB?
RB?
HC?
Defense?
Offense?

That is why it is nice to be a fan and just believe.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom