"Disease of Me" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Disease of Me"

Our HC was talking SB from the day he was hired, we got off to a 3-0 start. That team played w/ a tremendous amount of pressure and cmae through, Rex's big talk will always bring pressure to his teams. last year they backed it up, can they do it this year? If we don't I don't think it will be b/c of expectations.
True. But if the Jets hadn't gotten to the AFC Champ game everyone would have talked a little smack about how Ryan's mouth is as big as his gut and then brushed it off. The fact that the Jets advanced that far in the playoff put MUCH more pressure on the team. And if they don't make the Super Bowl this year, mind you these are the real narrow minded homer fans and media, they will write the team off as a one year wonder.

True. But if the Jets hadn't gotten to the AFC Champ game everyone would have talked a little smack about how Ryan's mouth is as big as his gut and then brushed it off. The fact that the Jets advanced that far in the playoff put MUCH more pressure on the team. And if they don't make the Super Bowl this year, mind you these are the real narrow minded homer fans and media, they will write the team off as a one year wonder.

There's always pressure, it's hard to get to and win SBs(or our teams might have more than 3 combined titles and would have made a few in the last 25 years for you and 40+ for us). I don't EXPECT we'll win the SB, I think we are a contender and we have a chance. If this team goes 11-5/12-4 and loses in the playoffs it will be a disappointment but not a total disaster. barring a complete disaster where we'd be 6-10 or so I think the fans and media wouldn't go nuts.

Last year the Jets didn't have all eyes trained on them. This year everyone expects them to make the Super Bowl. The team might not implode totally, but trying to live up to media and fan hype is taxing on any team.
I agree with you DisturbedShifty last year the Jets were the "Hunters", this year there the "Hunted"(Last year if the Bengals,Colts didnt lay down last 2 weeks of the season,Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs,thats not happening this year) ,everyone gonna be gunning for your team,plus i am sure the team in New England isnt liking the fact that everyones not picking them anymore, most people picking the Jets and Fins to win our division.

One of the things I like about the Fins is their relative down-to-earth approach. Even Brandon Marshall is talking like he doesn't want to do the diva dance. But a respected NFL observer (Mike Lombardi) has a different take on another AFCE team:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-7875.html

Do you see the Dolphins as being pretty free of "me-itis"? The Jests?

By early evening, when contacted by The Post, Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, vehemently shot the report down as preposterous, wondering aloud where that information could have come from.
"We have never spoken to Mike Lombardi -- ever, not even when he worked for the Raiders," Feinsod told The Post. "Where he's getting his information I don't know, but it's not coming from our side."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...per_year_tuuwhH4hCCt7iaEckTNbCO#ixzz0oI7uZSnB

Back
Top Bottom