"Disease of Me" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Disease of Me"

really? at what point was our cap hurt? In case people don't realize it salaries continue to go up and up, when a great player is up for a new deal it becomes more expensive each year so being the best corner he'll get the biggest deal. Mangold, Brick and Harris will also get paid big $, I'm confident in our GM to get the deals worked out and still have cap room to play w/.

In the future it will certainly be hurt... You dont think the redskins had confidence in what they were doing all those years? That doesnt mean its right

In the future it will certainly be hurt... You dont think the redskins had confidence in what they were doing all those years? That doesnt mean its right

What we have done is nothing like what the Skins did. They were paying old former stars big money, when have we done that? They didn't lose b/c of cap problems, they lost b/c they didn't put good teams together. We have builtm our core through the draft and added pieces around those players.

The reason we let go of a few guys this offseason had to do w/ the future cap, they are preparing to sign the big 4(Revis, Mangold, brick, Harris). We have prepared if we can't sign Cromartie long term w/ the drafting of Wilson, we have 2 WRs to choose from to keep(Braylon or Holmes). I think we are in good shape, we'll see what happens. I'm confident in Tannenbaum to get it done.

really? at what point was our cap hurt? In case people don't realize it salaries continue to go up and up, when a great player is up for a new deal it becomes more expensive each year so being the best corner he'll get the biggest deal. Mangold, Brick and Harris will also get paid big $, I'm confident in our GM to get the deals worked out and still have cap room to play w/.

That all changed this offseason w/ dansby, Marshall, Incognito, etc...

This can happen to ANY team, there will always be jealousy on teams from certain players over playing time, $$$, etc...

Sort of like last year when we lost 6 of 7? Did we come apart? did we come apart after the Falcon loss?

The only big name players who are a little past their prime are LT and Taylor, both will be part time players for us.

Do people expect revis(or any player) to start w/ a low #? It's a negotiation, If I want $10 mil and ask for $10 mil I'm not getting it, you ask for more they offer less and eventually both sides feel like they got something in the deal and it's fair.

You are worth what you are paid, the NFL is a big business and the players drive that business. They also have very short careers, they earn whatever they can get.

:lol2: So reggie Howard was worth 4 million/year when we signed him? :crazy:

Also dont understand how you think Gholston is worth his 5.4mm dollar cap hit for 2010, or how he warth 4mm last year.

All contracts should be incentive based. Each player gets a flat "base" contract, and get bonuses for each milestone they achieve throughout the season. No player is worht that much money. I bust my hump everyday at a job I hate to get by and pay the bills and support my children, yet these players ***** because they make 5 million instead of 6 to play a GAME. Gimme a break!

without knowing what you do for a living it's hard to respond to this, but I can assure you that you aren't one of the top 32 in the world at what you do. and if you were, you would be paid accordingly.. now paid accordingly to whatever you do, and paid accordingly to a football player is still going to be a huge difference, but that's because people pay lots of money to watch those football players play. if you think football players are overpaid, where would you like the money to go. Steven Ross's pockets? Jerry Jones's pockets? isn't it better that the players, the ones actually on the field get their cut? and as long as we keep going to games, paying for sunday ticket, watching football, etc... the money is going to keep coming in. if the players made 50-60k, then the owners would be even richer.

I hate when people post things like this.. "oh he's getting 5 million instead of 6 million, boo hoo." you need to put it in perspective. if you are a spot welder and you are making 50k and you think you are better than the guy next to you, and you find out he's making 60k... you aren't going to demand a raise? and those raise demands might make sense to someone in your field, but imagine telling a mcdonalds emlpoyee that you want a raise to be making well over 3 times his salary. it's not like he isn't working hard.

my point is, we are all greedy. we all want as much money as possible. why be upset with football players for doing the same thing we would do if we were lucky enough to be in their situation. Good for Revis. I hope he is able to get as much as he can. he deserves to get paid, and the jets deserve to suck because they have no room on the salary cap for paying him.

Who are the Jets overpaying? We dont even know what the future Money Cap in the NFL will be.

:lol2: So reggie Howard was worth 4 million/year when we signed him? :crazy:

Also dont understand how you think Gholston is worth his 5.4mm dollar cap hit for 2010, or how he warth 4mm last year.

if someone is willing to pay a player an insane amount that is what they are worth. They did something somewhere to earn that contract. A guy like Gholston hasn't fulfilled his expectations and won't get near that money again but based on college and where he was drafted he got what he earned.

my point is that some of these guys act like they cant feed thier families just bacause they arent making that extra million. and comparing wanting 60K instead of 50K is a whole nother ballpark when talking millions. and the money shouldnt all go into the owners pockets. they could give some of it to the schools and stuff like like. give back to the community.

Wow ,thats great news for us fin fans.There's no way the Jets can sign Revis,Mangold,Harris,and Brick without losing players, for the Jets(fans) its Superbowl or busts
this year, youll have good talent this year, but youll pay more for it next year and years to come,seeing as you got alot of older players on your team ,that want to get paid and your teams gonna have to release or cut people if your expecting to resign and keep 3 Pro-bowlers and one of your best LB (Harris) if not your best LB.

my point is that some of these guys act like they cant feed thier families just bacause they arent making that extra million. and comparing wanting 60K instead of 50K is a whole nother ballpark when talking millions. and the money shouldnt all go into the owners pockets. they could give some of it to the schools and stuff like like. give back to the community.

I'm w/ you about the attitudes, we can do w/o the old Patrick ewing line "we make alot but we spend alot too" when whining about how hard they were hit w/ the lock out in '99 BUT these guys have a small window to make big $$ and they would be foolish not to take advantage.

New York better get off to a good start, otherwise that team will implode in a hurry.

Just like last year when we imploded in Oct/Nov, right?

Just like last year when we imploded in Oct/Nov, right?

Last year the Jets didn't have all eyes trained on them. This year everyone expects them to make the Super Bowl. The team might not implode totally, but trying to live up to media and fan hype is taxing on any team.

Last year the Jets didn't have all eyes trained on them. This year everyone expects them to make the Super Bowl. The team might not implode totally, but trying to live up to media and fan hype is taxing on any team.

Our HC was talking SB from the day he was hired, we got off to a 3-0 start. That team played w/ a tremendous amount of pressure and cmae through, Rex's big talk will always bring pressure to his teams. last year they backed it up, can they do it this year? If we don't I don't think it will be b/c of expectations.

Back
Top Bottom