"Disease of Me" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Disease of Me"

I think that was Lombardi's point...

It seems to me the Phins have been quietly signing "anti-me" (especially after the first round) and firing "me" players since the Trifecta got here. I think Marshall is the key for the locker room this year. If he leaves whatever diva rep he had in Denver, I think we'll be okay. (I also think for a WR, Marshall's "diva-ness" is debatable. He plays the game hard.)

its great for us, they Jets are the new redskins.. they will go nowhere

Including bonuses, three guys made 20mil+ last season. Rivers, Cutler, E. Manning. And in 2004, including a 34.5m signing bonus, P. Manning made 35 mil that season. in 2007 Dwight Freeney made 30+ mil that season, including bonuses.

And last season, the Jets had the 9th lowest median salary while the Dolphins had the 16th lowest. And the Dolphins had the 2nd highest payroll last season, behind the Giants. The Jets had the 6th highest.

I mean in salary not including bonuses.. Revis would likely want 20 garaunteed

you don't pay corners 20 million a year ......not smart!

The Jests have too many Chiefs and not enough indians.......they have alot of former big name players who are a little past their prime so they have that diva attitude. It's okay when the team is winning but a few bad losses and I see the Jets coming apart.

Me First & The Gimmee Gimmees

Didn't we just lose a couple of the band members?? Played DE! ... with vocals on alot of tracks!!

The last half of that post/article/whatever was pure crap... disease of me? Ok?

Anyways, the FACTUAL information was interesting though... and I just checked ganggreen and they are over there ****ting bricks about it... everyone is arguing about it haha hilarious to see.

As for him getting $20mil/year... it will obviously end up closer to $14-16mil/year.

...disease of me? Ok?

Are you telling me you haven't seen a football team where the focus was on the indivduals and not the team (Cowboys come to mind)? I have seen teams (1980 US hockey team, for example) where the individuals were not all that good compared to their better-known counterparts but they played as one. You can argue the success of the Super Bowl Patriots was because they played well as a team (and a video camera). The quote in the Lombardi article was from Pat Riley, who knows a thing or two about divas and how they can destroy a team.

I think if the Jests self-destruct, egos will be the reason why. Either that or QB play...:chuckle:

All contracts should be incentive based. Each player gets a flat "base" contract, and get bonuses for each milestone they achieve throughout the season. No player is worht that much money. I bust my hump everyday at a job I hate to get by and pay the bills and support my children, yet these players ***** because they make 5 million instead of 6 to play a GAME. Gimme a break!

If he is the best player on your team you do. Thats why QBs get 20mil a year. They are the best on their team.

Not the same thing. The best corner doesn't run a defense. The best quarterback runs an offense.

The Jets did a horrible job of managing their salary cap in signing all these high priced free agents the past two years. Now Revis wants 20+/year.. who does he think he is! NO player oos worth that.. Im not even sure Manning is worth 20+ million/year... At least we know the realm of fictional life still is inherent in the Jets lockeroom

really? at what point was our cap hurt? In case people don't realize it salaries continue to go up and up, when a great player is up for a new deal it becomes more expensive each year so being the best corner he'll get the biggest deal. Mangold, Brick and Harris will also get paid big $, I'm confident in our GM to get the deals worked out and still have cap room to play w/.

I think that was Lombardi's point...

It seems to me the Phins have been quietly signing "anti-me" (especially after the first round) and firing "me" players since the Trifecta got here. I think Marshall is the key for the locker room this year. If he leaves whatever diva rep he had in Denver, I think we'll be okay. (I also think for a WR, Marshall's "diva-ness" is debatable. He plays the game hard.)

That all changed this offseason w/ dansby, Marshall, Incognito, etc...

This can happen to ANY team, there will always be jealousy on teams from certain players over playing time, $$$, etc...

The Jests have too many Chiefs and not enough indians.......they have alot of former big name players who are a little past their prime so they have that diva attitude. It's okay when the team is winning but a few bad losses and I see the Jets coming apart.

Sort of like last year when we lost 6 of 7? Did we come apart? did we come apart after the Falcon loss?

The only big name players who are a little past their prime are LT and Taylor, both will be part time players for us.

Do people expect revis(or any player) to start w/ a low #? It's a negotiation, If I want $10 mil and ask for $10 mil I'm not getting it, you ask for more they offer less and eventually both sides feel like they got something in the deal and it's fair.

All contracts should be incentive based. Each player gets a flat "base" contract, and get bonuses for each milestone they achieve throughout the season. No player is worht that much money. I bust my hump everyday at a job I hate to get by and pay the bills and support my children, yet these players ***** because they make 5 million instead of 6 to play a GAME. Gimme a break!

You are worth what you are paid, the NFL is a big business and the players drive that business. They also have very short careers, they earn whatever they can get.

Back
Top Bottom