Do miami need to start drafting sec players? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do miami need to start drafting sec players?

It doesn't matter what conference a player comes from. All that matters is their talent and progress. There's other conferences besides the SEC. I wonder if some SEC fans know that.

I say draft more Hurricanes...they're just natural playmakers in the NFL. Look at Miller and and Vernon for Miami now, they look promising.

Interestingly, the most recent year I could find complete numbers (2007), the SEC had 40% more teams than the Pac 10, but only had 30% more NFL players.

The link below has an interesting story that also came from Bleacher Report. When you read the article, then account for the fact that the SEC has more teams than most every other conference, they don't look nearly as impressive.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330841-where-its-at-the-nfl-and-the-college-conference-debate

And who was that special teams LB that Wanny just had to have? I think he went to Tennessee. Didn't John Avery, Cecil Collins and JJ Johnson all go to SEC schools?

I hated that wanstach didn't draft Boldin- or Brees that year. ****ing idiot. Eddie ****ing Moore with a second round pick . I think wanstach said he drafted him for ST Depth.

Mike Pouncey played at Florida.
Reshad Jones played at Georgia, so there's another SEC player
John Jerry played at Mississippi, so another there.
Kevin Burnett and Tony McDaniel went to Tennesse
Karlos Dansby played at Auburn

If you wan to make a stretch, Tannehill, Lane and Egnew are from SEC schools, even if they weren't in the SEC during the time they played.

Last edited by a moderator:
While this is only tangentially related, here's a really interesting post from Black Heart Gold Pants on which conferences develop their players from their expected level of play (grade when entering college) to NFL draft position. It discusses which conferences tend to develop defense/ offense better. While it doesn't say which conferences/ schools produce the best talent, the article does note the number of players drafted from each conference and their strength and weaknesses. It's something to go on rather than everyone shouting about their favorite conference:

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...ollege-programs-and-conferences-at-developing

SEC is amazing, but honeslty it doesnt matter where players come from, as long as they are good and can play!

Is this really a thread? Man we should have drafted Tim Tebow then.

Back
Top Bottom