Do miami need to start drafting sec players? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do miami need to start drafting sec players?

They don't have to start drafting SEC players, what they need and Have to do is start drafting GOOD football players!

Indeed.

Scout players based on talent and what the bring to the table.

The Dolphins are notorious for drafting players based on emotions and media hype.

The SEC is by far the top conference in college football year in and year out. Occasionally there are teams from other major conferences that can compete with the SEC’s best, but it's rare.
The fact is, the SEC is loaded not only with top collegiate talent, but top NFL talent as well.
The conference currently has 305 players in the NFL.
Of the 106 players in Super Bowl XLVI, 23 of them are former SEC players. The Giants have 10 on their roster and the Patriots have 13.

There are individual teams from other conferences that produce a large number of NFL players, such as Miami, USC and Ohio State, but no conference even comes close to the SEC.

The reason that the SEC has won the past six BCS national championships is pretty clear. They recruit NFL-caliber talent and mold them into elite players.

Maybe this is what Miami is missing. They need to stop looking for "acorn" and unknown soldiers and start drafting to win from a winning confeerence. The Patriots haven't been wrong doing so. Lastly, one of Miami's youngest great player, Rashad Jones is a former SEC Player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-nfl-23-former-sec-players-in-super-bowl-xlvi

as of right now thats where most of the best players are at ,not sayin that other confrences dosent have good players , but most of the best players are coming from the SEC , Alabama , Georgia , Texas am , South Carolina , exc exc.

I'd certainly keep this in the back of my mind. Not as a guideline but as a tiebreaker. When in doubt, default to the playmaker from the premier conference.

I remember thinking about this in recent seasons, that the Dolphins likely would have drafted much better if they simply edged toward the SEC, Pac 10 and the local Canes. I'm a big Pac 10 (now 12) booster. Underrated league. I can't believe how many easterners knock that league. The SEC certainly wouldn't win every title game if the opponent were from the Pac 12. In fact, they've been fortunate to dodge a few meetings.

Posters in this thread are looking at this the wrong way, IMO. Instead of listing the SEC players who flopped for us, imagine if we'd slanted in that direction repeatedly. Guys we never considered might be making plays on this roster.

As a gambler I'll often finish making all my system plays and then scan the board. If I notice three excellent teams sitting there that I have no involvement with, I'll bet them as a lot. Amazing how it will go 2 for 3 more often than 1 for 3. Same thing if three top YPPA Differential teams are sitting there, or three college teams with great pass defense. Do the right thing and you are rewarded.

Doing the right thing excludes taking a 5th year senior running back with the second pick. Having that guy's name all but absent from this site is one of the joys of Finheaven right now.

I'd certainly keep this in the back of my mind. Not as a guideline but as a tiebreaker. When in doubt, default to the playmaker from the premier conference.

I remember thinking about this in recent seasons, that the Dolphins likely would have drafted much better if they simply edged toward the SEC, Pac 10 and the local Canes. I'm a big Pac 10 (now 12) booster. Underrated league. I can't believe how many easterners knock that league. The SEC certainly wouldn't win every title game if the opponent were from the Pac 12. In fact, they've been fortunate to dodge a few meetings.

Posters in this thread are looking at this the wrong way, IMO. Instead of listing the SEC players who flopped for us, imagine if we'd slanted in that direction repeatedly. Guys we never considered might be making plays on this roster.

As a gambler I'll often finish making all my system plays and then scan the board. If I notice three excellent teams sitting there that I have no involvement with, I'll bet them as a lot. Amazing how it will go 2 for 3 more often than 1 for 3. Same thing if three top YPPA Differential teams are sitting there, or three college teams with great pass defense. Do the right thing and you are rewarded.

Doing the right thing excludes taking a 5th year senior running back with the second pick. Having that guy's name all but absent from this site is one of the joys of Finheaven right now.

completely agree

Back
Top Bottom