Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
The OL is clearly a work in progress with 3 rookies added this year.

But based on the last 2 games being unable to run or protect the QB should we be looking to add more OL talent early in the Draft?

I would guess they will be active in the FA market as well.

Well... then we can agree to disagree, and still be friends.
I believe we need to draft a top center. And let the rest of the line continue to develop. Davis is exactly what we need in a swing T/G. Let the young guys roll and Davis anchor as a fill in.

I believe we need to draft a top center. And let the rest of the line continue to develop. Davis is exactly what we need in a swing T/G. Let the young guys roll and Davis anchor as a fill in.
I wouldn't be opposed to Humphrey at 1b or 2a, though I've been targeting a Center in the third or 4th rounds in my mocks.

Karras has been okay, but I don't see him as particularly special... or affordable once he hits free agency.

The play of the offensive line has regressed. There's no way around that. I do think the rookies will improve, but I'd continue to add talent. I'm a firm believer that teams still win in the trenches.

The best case scenario would be to find talent in the middle rounds, but I think a lot will depend on what happens with Karras.

I don't see Hunt as the RT to protect Tua's blindside.

That guy is not on the team right now.

No we don't. Stop trying to build the "perfect" line cause it's not going to happen. Get Tua some real play makers and let these 3 rookies learn and play together. Also, stop trying to replace Karras, he's been our most consistent Oline guy all year. I'm not saying don't draft an O-line guy but don't do it till the 3rd day. Actually, it'd be way better if they get one in free agency and the line is already very young so a veteran could help that room.

You can't draft 3 guys and then after 10 games say we need to get more corn. You need to give them some time or else, the O-line will never get a chance to play together long enough to where they're all on the same page.

No we don't. Stop trying to build the "perfect" line cause it's not going to happen. Get Tua some real play makers and let these 3 rookies learn and play together. Also, stop trying to replace Karras, he's been our most consistent Oline guy all year. I'm not saying don't draft an O-line guy but don't do it till the 3rd day. Actually, it'd be way better if they get one in free agency and the line is already very young so a veteran could help that room.

You can't draft 3 guys and then after 10 games say we need to get more corn. You need to give them some time or else, the O-line will never get a chance to play together long enough to where they're all on the same page.
TK only signed a one year deal. So until we resign him... we need to be ready to replace him.

TK only signed a one year deal. So until we resign him... we need to be ready to replace him.
Well that's different tho. If he leaves then of course we'd need another center but I think he'll want to stay so if the price is right for both then I'd bring him back. He was voted team captain and he's clearly one of the leaders on the team already.

Back
Top Bottom