Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again?

IF Davis is the best player on the board I have no problem taking him.

The Fins 2nd 1st rounder should enable them to add one of the top WR's if they don't go that route with Houston's pick.

They could always move up from their own pick a little bit if they heed to.
They can go WR for the rest of the draft.

If we get Davis I’m happy

Exactly!

And the only “gem” we have on this line currently is kindley who really isn’t a gem... his weight was a concern along with consistency

How is 4th rounder dieter working out?

The hype of WRs/RBs gets very annoying at times

Fans really want to spend a 1st on a RB just for them to get behind this line and look just as bad as the RBs we already have
We have three rookies starting with no off season. You're need for a 'gem' lable is odd to me.
Dieter was a third rounder. And what's your point? Do you know how he's developed this year?
Let's look at Dallas. How did spending 1st after 1st in Oline do? Lets look at all thier SB together...

I think it is safe to say Dieter is going to be a backup at best and that is a bit disappointing.

As for Dallas, the fact is that they got 3 ALL World OL with those first round picks and that is what you should be trying to do when you draft high. Find studs.

Whether it is necessary to have that much talent on your OL is a different argument that is hardly a yes or no discussion.

If I used 3 1st rounders on OL and got the 3 guys Dallas got I would be pretty happy.Their failings in most very other area does not change the fact that those were very, very good picks.

I think it is safe to say Dieter is going to be a backup at best and that is a bit disappointing.

As for Dallas, the fact is that they got 3 ALL World OL with those first round picks and that is what you should be trying to do when you draft high. Find studs.

Whether it is necessary to have that much talent on your OL is a different argument that is hardly a yes or no discussion.

If I used 3 1st rounders on OL and got the 3 guys Dallas got I would be pretty happy.Their failings in most very other area does not change the fact that those were very, very good picks.
You would be happy drafting Oline with 1st over and over and over and the team still fails? I thought the whole point of the draft line always camp is that the trenches make average players better and you win.

You would be happy drafting Oline with 1st over and over and over and the team still fails?
Why does the team have to fail?

I am not saying I would take Dallas' circumstances, but i would be happy to find 3 quality players like that with 1st round picks.

Once the QB is in place (and i think Tua is the guy) the OL is the most important place to build.Protect your most important player, give him time to throw, give your backs holes to run through and you will have success in the air and on the ground with lesser talents at the so called "skill" positions.

I am no saying any bum will do at WR and RB, but a bunch of B+ guys will be more than enough to succeed if you have a talented QB and a strong OL.

If your OL is not good then your backs have nowhere to go and your QB does not have time to find your shiny WR's.

I am not saying build the O at the exclusion of WR, just that is as important(or more)to get the OL right as it is to add weapons for Tua.

I think they can do both(thank you Houston).

Right now barring Parsons falling to the Fins 1st pick I would like to see a WR and a OL in Round 1. Go LB with Houston's 2nd and find a RB with the Fins second 2nd rounder or in the 3rd.

You can mix and match that as the board falls but I would like to see talent added early at OL/WR/RB and LB.

I also think that value at those positions should be available when the Fins pick.If the board falls the Fins way they should be able to add significant talent at positions of need without moving around too much.

Last years off season laid a lot of the groundwork but this is the more important off season. Thatois when they move from a competitive team to a legit playoff contender.

Back
Top Bottom