Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again?

I would rather pick up O-linemen in free agency. I don't know who's going to be available in the offseason but I don't trust this front office to pick anyone decent in the draft. All 3 of the O-linemen we drafted this year have been pretty bad. I wanted Joe Thuney in the offseason but were unable to pry him away from New England.

Yes, simple question, simple answer.

I have little doubt this team will be targeting a center or two in this draft, as high as our 1b pick. I'd kill to get a Nick Mangold, Olin Kruetz caliber player for 10+ seasons.

Jessie Davis isn't good, Ereck Flowers is barely average, Ted Karas is below average. None of those guys will be protecting Tua in the Super Bowl, when that day comes. Don't waste time now.

I agree that our current group of rookie OL need time to development, Jackson was raw, Hunt was untested. I'm still excited for their future which is why it makes all the sense in the world to continue to bolster that unit. The running has been abysmal for years so it doesn't matter that we have UDFA types or not back there. Travis Etienne or Najee Harris would still struggle to find consistent holes running behind the current talent level. It needs to be bolstered.

I am not worried about who my 3 RB's will be next year.

I am not worried who will be playing along side Devante Parker and Preston Williams next year.

I am VERY concerned who will be starting on the OL with Jackson, Hunt and Kindley.

Even though the overall talent level on the defense is barely average, they play well as a unit and might not need to huge influx of talent in 2021 to bring this team to an ultra competitive level if the offense is pretty complete.

Make The Offense Great Again

Who are the best RT's in the draft?

Dillon Radunz from ND State and Alex Leatherwood from Alabama appear to be the top options at OT after Penei Sewell, who will likely be the first non-QB drafted so us OL fans have given up on him already.

It's not a strong year for OL.

There are some other guys showing up consistently in mock drafts at the tail end of the first round or second. Texas's Samuel Cosmi and Clemson Jackson Carman and a few other's. Can't wait to see these guys move up and down come combine so we have a better feeling for where they might end up.

Wyatt Davis, the OG from Ohio State might be a much better player than any Tackle not named Sewell so it wouldn't shock me to draft a guy like that if the center from Oklahoma isn't available at 1B.

I don't see any OL being an option for Miami with Houston's 1st.

I don't think OL will line up for Miami in Round 1.Unless they want to go with a OG or C which I doubt.

Round 2 should have better value if they want to add a OT or an insider.

Watching the Clemson/VT game. Darrisaw looks good.

Side note: Anyone else watching this? Just before halftime, some chick screams, "F*** you, A**hole!"

Switched to the Alabama/LSU game during half time. LSU got lucky they didn't review that play. That idiot receiver threw the ball down before he even crossed the goal line.

Last edited:
And then Devonta caught a 65 yarder

To say he has responded to being the #1 receiving option in that offense would be an understatement.

Would be very happy with him or Waddle with Houston's pick.

Dillon Radunz from ND State and Alex Leatherwood from Alabama appear to be the top options at OT after Penei Sewell, who will likely be the first non-QB drafted so us OL fans have given up on him already.

There are some other guys showing up consistently in mock drafts at the tail end of the first round or second. Texas's Samuel Cosmi and Clemson Jackson Carman and a few other's. Can't wait to see these guys move up and down come combine so we have a better feeling for where they might end up.

Wyatt Davis, the OG from Ohio State might be a much better player than any Tackle not named Sewell so it wouldn't shock me to draft a guy like that if the center from Oklahoma isn't available at 1B.

RT obviously depends on how Hunt gets on. Best case scenario is he's our guy.

But if we do decide to draft an RT Tevin Jenkins from Oklahoma St could be the best pick. He's certainly getting a lot of hype and can play LT if needed.

Assuming we stick with Hunt we could do with some versatility. There are a couple of guys who can play 2 positions well - Vera Tucker from USC (LT, LG), Dickerson from Alabama (C, RG). Then you've got Rashawn Slater from NWT who can play every position across the line including Center.

But yes I have no problem with us keeping investing draft capital on the trenches.

Last edited:
I like Dickerson and Slater. If one falls to round 2 count me in.

I still think the RT who is going to protect Tua's blindside is not on the roster right now.

Well, that's a great question. Since Tua is a lefty, I wouldn't rule out left tackles to convert to right tackle. But generally, reading scouting reports etc., it's probably something like this (not including Sewell since I believe he will be gone).

Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG Alabama...has experience at guard and tackle. Might be a Miami target if he makes it to pick 1b.
Walter Little, OT Stanford...hasn't played in what seems like forever. Probably not an instant starter, but very talented.
Sam Cosmi, OT Texas...I think teams will look at him as a LT.
Liam Echenberg OT Notre Dame...Not going to wow you necessarily, but gets the job done.
Abraham Lucas OT Washington State...Very good in pass pro. I've seen him mocked about 3rd round range so that could be a steal.

I forgot about Dillon Radunz. Maybe because I haven't seen him play.

To say he has responded to being the #1 receiving option in that offense would be an understatement.

Would be very happy with him or Waddle with Houston's pick.
At the beginning of the year I preferred Waddle to Smith for Miami's need, but that has begun to switch. I think Smith, with his precise routes, is an absolute perfect fit for Tua.

Back
Top Bottom