Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again?

RT obviously depends on how Hunt gets on. Best case scenario is he's our guy.

But if we do decide to draft an RT Tevin Jenkins from Oklahoma St could be the best pick. He's certainly getting a lot of hype and can play LT if needed.

Assuming we stick with Hunt we could do with some versatility. There are a couple of guys who can play 2 positions well - Vera Tucker from USC (LT, LG), Dickerson from Alabama (C, RG). Then you've got Rashawn Slater from NWT who can play every position across the line including Center.

But yes I have no problem with us keeping investing draft capital on the trenches.
How would you compare Dickerson with Humphrey and Meyer of Ohio State?

I love watching Dickerson play football. He is a mauler and very high motor guy. He plays to the echo of the whistle. He gives 100% every play. He isn’t the most physically gifted guy. There are guys with better feet, but he could play for me.

If we go Line in the first round, I think my current preference is Christian Darrisaw, rather than a Center. I am still intrigued by Abraham Lucas, but that is partially because of value.

That makes two of us.

Still can’t believe they had a one game season, turned out to be a wise decision given the spread of the virus in that region because of brain dead governors.
There have been so many stupid decisions in the NCAA. If they were going to do it, they should have done a better job of isolating their players... but it was always about the money.

With Detroit firing Quinn and Patricia I keep wondering if the new regime will execute a complete tear down there. I wonder what it would cost to acquire Frank Ragnow. We wouldn't have to go through the growing pains of a rookie, doesn't become a free agent until 2023 , is still very young at 24 and is considered one of the better centers in the game. What do you guys think?

The OL is clearly a work in progress with 3 rookies added this year.

But based on the last 2 games being unable to run or protect the QB should we be looking to add more OL talent early in the Draft?

I would guess they will be active in the FA market as well.
Yes! Flowers and Karras needs to be replaced immediately.

I’d go Wyatt Davis with Houston pick

Davis is going to be really good, maybe even All Pro caliber but that is awfully high for an interior OL.

Maybe trade down a bit from Houston's pick and then go OL/WR in R 1.

Yes! Flowers and Karras needs to be replaced immediately.

I’d go Wyatt Davis with Houston pick
I went back and reviewed the game. Kindley did look great at LG when moved. The line definitely performed better. TK is by far the weakest. We need a big time center. I'd be willing to invest 2B but nothing higher. Then depth rd 5 and later. We need skill positions with our first 3 picks.

I went back and reviewed the game. Kindley did look great at LG when moved. The line definitely performed better. TK is by far the weakest. We need a big time center. I'd be willing to invest 2B but nothing higher. Then depth rd 5 and later. We need skill positions with our first 3 picks.
I’d prefer a foundational pick over a fan pleasing pick.. doesn’t matter who the WR/RB is if this line doesn’t improve

Davis is going to be really good, maybe even All Pro caliber but that is awfully high for an interior OL.

Maybe trade down a bit from Houston's pick and then go OL/WR in R 1.
I’d jump on Davis anywhere outside the top 7.

Positional value isn’t always law

I’d prefer a foundational pick over a fan pleasing pick.. doesn’t matter who the WR/RB is if this line doesn’t improve
Picking skill positions isn't solely fan picks. And the same old cliche time and again of nobody on the field can play without Oline...its stale. Show me the best Oline that spends 1st round picks constantly on Oline.

Picking skill positions isn't solely fan picks. And the same old cliche time and again of nobody on the field can play without Oline...its stale. Show me the best Oline that spends 1st round picks constantly on Oline.
Dallas had 3 high 1st rounders on what was the best OL in football before all the injuries, but I take your point.

Most of the top OL's have some 3rd to 5th round gems on them.

I’d jump on Davis anywhere outside the top 7.

Positional value isn’t always law
IF Davis is the best player on the board I have no problem taking him.

The Fins 2nd 1st rounder should enable them to add one of the top WR's if they don't go that route with Houston's pick.

They could always move up from their own pick a little bit if they heed to.

Dallas had 3 high 1st rounders on what was the best OL in football before all the injuries, but I take your point.

Most of the top OL's have some 3rd to 5th round gems on them.
Exactly!

And the only “gem” we have on this line currently is kindley who really isn’t a gem... his weight was a concern along with consistency

How is 4th rounder dieter working out?

The hype of WRs/RBs gets very annoying at times

Fans really want to spend a 1st on a RB just for them to get behind this line and look just as bad as the RBs we already have

Back
Top Bottom