Do you toss something out there to try to get Justin Blackman? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you toss something out there to try to get Justin Blackman?

You sit the laddy down and say "look here son, you don't have many options, this is your big brother now Brian Hartline, he is hard working and a pretty good role model, either shape up and learn some things from him or you can spend the rest of your given life as a fry cook in your home town".

OF course that is assuming you can get him for an honest price.

Absolutely, but there is no way Philibin and Co take a look. He got rid of Marshall and Ocho Cinco for attitude problems, so I just do not see it happening.

I am all for this. 2015 you'd be looking at a WR depth chart Blackmon, Wallace and Landry. Wallace would get team's number 2 corner. Wallace already has to be played with a huge cushion or with a safety over the top. Blackmon is the kind of receiver who will demand double coverage unless he's playing an elite corner. This would be a matchup nightmare and if Landry turns out to be anything close to what this board is expecting, defenses would be screwed.

Yes! Beggars can't be choosers...This team has sucked for decades...Personally I think something is really wrong with our team now because for all the lip service Philbin gives to character his team has completely lacked it so far - to the point that we are the laughing stock of the league repeatedly. And marijuana does not make a football players worse football players....Some show stupidity in the way they get caught because the NFL drug testing starts off as a scheduled, known, predictable thing...

I think this character thing is WAY overblown - if Cecil Collins had helped win Jimmy Johnson a superbowl he'd of been the hero in Miami before he ended up with his life sentence!

Take a chance - not that I think the Dolphins will take a chance - but because he has tremendous upside and he would come stupid cheap I say go for it....

Why? We currently have 12 WRs on the team. Why add another one?

Because he's better than every receiver on our roster except possibly Mike Wallace and you'd be getting him for stupid cheap. This would be like when the Patriots got Randy Moss for a fourth round pick. It's the kind of opportunity that good teams jump on.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

You sit the laddy down and say "look here son, you don't have many options, this is your big brother now Brian Hartline, he is hard working and a pretty good role model, either shape up and learn some things from him or you can spend the rest of your given life as a fry cook in your home town".

OF course that is assuming you can get him for an honest price.
First lesson: Stay on your feet.

Lets see....he's already had 2 DUIs and has violated the NFL substance abuse policies 3 times. He was suspended in college, and is has been suspended in the NFL twice already. I don't see how he is a better player or teammate than any of our WRs. And this situation isn't even remotely similar to the Randy Moss situation.

How could you say no? Bring him on a zero tolerance contract...you **** up once---you're gone...This kid is stupid as hell for the mistakes he's [repeatedly] made, but you cannot deny his talent. He is now playing for his career. The next shot he gets he'll tighten up. Take a chance----if he screws up---cut him....simple...Not to mention he'd be cheap

Im all for this

People make mistakes... hes a great talent better than any wide out we have so yes I would take him.... dolp u ins fans wana pass on everything cause they're all outstanding citizens.

I don't mind taking guys who have made mistakes, but not right now. This team is in such trouble with the media, and are having to ajust to the over sensitivity in social media, that bringing in another problem child just wouldn't be worth the risk. More damaging "bad" can come of such a move, than any possible "good".

Also, if there is one position on the team that we don't need any more bodies it's WR. As it is now there will be a lot of teams looking at our cuts at WR this year. Our 6th and 7th WRs will be better than a lot of other team's 4th and 5th. If Binns, Gibson, and Hartline all come back healthy we are going to have a deep WR core. A guy like Damien Williams would be in the 3 man rotation on about 10 NFL teams and make the top 5 on about half the teams. On our team he will be 8th, if you decide Hazel can't be put on the PS. Binns is about the safest of the bunch if he is back healthy. He is the only redzone threat we have. WR battle will be fun to watch this camp. People who think Landry will be a lock to win the slot forget that Gibson was probably our best WR last year before getting hurt. I can see Binns beating out Hartline before I can see Landry beating out Gibson. But that doesn't mean he won't see a lot of PT, just that they will share it. Landry will definitely see a lot of playing time, but I don't know if he will see more than Gibson.

One thing is for sure this year, Hickey has definitely shored up any depth issues we had at WR. With the Lynch pick we are deeper at TE as well. On the OL we have more depth, we are just lacking a few starters at OG. The only place on the team that is now weak is LB. But even there we won't be that bad if they move Koa to MLB, let Jordan move to full time OLB (which is where he played the bulk of his snaps last year), and let Ellerbe play the other side, then bring in Jenkins on passing downs to replace the slow Koa. We can also work in Tripp slowly and I think even that could be doable. By having that many moving parts if one gets injured we have more options to replace him with pieces that have experience.

I would do it for sure. If you can get him for cheap, there's not much to lose. It's not like we'd be throwing Wallace money at him, and we already have a pretty fair nucleus of receivers, so if he flames out, it's not a huge loss. This year is playoffs or bust; Philbin would be dumb to pass it up.

The Dolphins are a little handicapped when it comes to doing stuff like this.

They are rehabbing the Team image still from last year's fiasco.

The local sports press EXIST to besmirch the Dolphins, this is their sole purpose they would have us believe. :ponder: :chuckle:

Am I the only one who laughed at the Misspelling of Blackmon in the title?

Back
Top Bottom