Does anyone remember when Jay first came... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone remember when Jay first came...

SuperFin34

Just one ring before I die, PLEASE!!!
Reaction score
and even though Huard clearly outplayed him in the pre-season games ( Jay was recovering from surgery for most of camp), Dave decided that He knew what Huard brought to the table and thought Jay had a bigger upside. Therefore he named Jay the starter on potential and not what he saw in pre-season games and camp.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but do you think Feely deserves the same type of shot? I personally do. Not so much as a knock on Jay, but with ricky retiring I think we need more of a quarterback instead of a game manager(God, I hate that term). I just dont see Jay opening up the field with his skills and while I havent seen AJ do squat, If even the promise of him being able to do deep slants, crisp crossing routes and other throws that are beyond Jay's arm strength is there, should we owe it to our great two recievers and tight ends to see what he can do, even if it stings a little early on while he gets acclimated?

SuperFin34 said:
and even though Huard clearly outplayed him in the pre-season games ( Jay was recovering from surgery for most of camp), Dave decided that He knew what Huard brought to the table and thought Jay had a bigger upside. Therefore he named Jay the starter on potential and not what he saw in pre-season games and camp.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but do you think Feely deserves the same type of shot? I personally do. Not so much as a knock on Jay, but with ricky retiring I think we need more of a quarterback instead of a game manager(God, I hate that term). I just dont see Jay opening up the field with his skills and while I havent seen AJ do squat, If even the promise of him being able to do deep slants, crisp crossing routes and other throws that are beyond Jay's arm strength is there, should we owe it to our great two recievers and tight ends to see what he can do, even if it stings a little early on while he gets acclimated?

YES!!!!!

In three preseason starts, Huard led the offense to 0 TDs. Jay threw a bunch of INTs, but he also moved the offense and scored in his one game.

Huard deserved jack. No pocket presence. Not much skill.

whoever wins the spot, wins. But last time jay started without ricky we made the playoffs, and i dont know about you guys, but i want to go to the plaoffs again.

SuperFin34 after you typed Huard clearly out played Fiedler during that pre-season I stopped reading your post. That is simply not true, and because of that I doubt you remember exactly how things were when Fiedler 1st arrived.

Oliver...

Muck said:
In three preseason starts, Huard led the offense to 0 TDs. Jay threw a bunch of INTs, but he also moved the offense and scored in his one game.

Exactly. But very few people seem to remember it that way.

I remember season before when Huard came in and won some big games for us. One big one i remember was against Pats at least i think it was them. they were all over him and he still came back and won it .

more blind hatred for fiedler. people act as if dave and fiedler have a coalition against the dolphins or something. did hurad go and be a successfull starter for another team when we released him? nope. has jay been successfull? on some degrees yes (hasnt lead the team to a losing record yet). stop the blind hatred people and just freeking LET TRAINING CAMP GO ON! everyone is naming starters 4 days into camp and more than a month before the start of the reg season. stop....please. the better qb will win the job and you will have absolutly no say in it.

What I'd Like 2 Know --

is why Mr. Fiedler doesn't work to IMPROVE his arm strength? Perhaps I'm missing something, and no, I don't want to see Jay Bulk Like Boston -- but geez. I'm not a Jay hater, but I do hold my breath on that dreaded, long, slow motion out he throws. Maybe he's a Tim Wakefield fan :shakeno:.

Yeah Huard was a safe QB and that's it. He wouldn't lose many games for you but he certainly wasn't going to win many.

UncleJamFinFan said:
is why Mr. Fiedler doesn't work to IMPROVE his arm strength? Perhaps I'm missing something, and no, I don't want to see Jay Bulk Like Boston -- but geez. I'm not a Jay hater, but I do hold my breath on that dreaded, long, slow motion out he throws. Maybe he's a Tim Wakefield fan :shakeno:.

Well...as far as I kno, theres only so much you can do to improve arm strength, you're kind of born with what you have. Think about it...if people could improve arm strength dramatically enough to make a difference, would there be any Jay Fielder/Jeff Garcia type QBs? No, we'd have a league full of Favres and Vicks and Elways, guys who can hurl a football clear though your skull if they wanted to.

F150&Dolfan said:
Yeah Huard was a safe QB and that's it. He wouldn't lose many games for you but he certainly wasn't going to win many.
I couldn't have said it any better. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Feeley has the same shot...

SuperFin34 said:

Exactly what preseason are you remembering? Huard could not lead the team on a single TD drive in the first three pre-season games...not one. Fiedler grabbed the job in less than a half of play in the 4th preseason game just by moving the team for a TD drive.

The ability to move the team on scoring drives is my measure of whether Feeley can earn the start the way Fiedler did and continued to do.

Fiedler has led the Phins O to an additional TD per game compared to Huard, Lucas and Griese.

To earn this job, Feeley has to AT LEAST match Fiedler's ability to move the chains for scores.

Dolphan_B said:
Exactly what preseason are you remembering? Huard could not lead the team on a single TD drive in the first three pre-season games...not one. Fiedler grabbed the job in less than a half of play in the 4th preseason game just by moving the team for a TD drive.

The ability to move the team on scoring drives is my measure of whether Feeley can earn the start the way Fiedler did and continued to do.

Fiedler has led the Phins O to an additional TD per game compared to Huard, Lucas and Griese.

To earn this job, Feeley has to AT LEAST match Fiedler's ability to move the chains for scores.

well said

Everyone says the best QB will win, but that is kind of scary. Even if Jay proves to be the best QB, unless its by alot, i still want AJ to start. I kno u guys are going to say its "blind hatred" twoard Fiedler, but i assure you its not. I just want to take a chance with a yound QB with upside, as uppose to going with a QB who is starting to get up there in years(i kno hes not REALLY old).

If Ricky was still on this team, id want Jay to start if he proved he was the best QB in the offseason. But right now, i think we need to take a chance, and hope we hit gold with Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom