Does anyone remember when Jay first came... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone remember when Jay first came...

SuperFin34 said:
and even though Huard clearly outplayed him in the pre-season games ( Jay was recovering from surgery for most of camp), Dave decided that He knew what Huard brought to the table and thought Jay had a bigger upside. Therefore he named Jay the starter on potential and not what he saw in pre-season games and camp.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but do you think Feely deserves the same type of shot? I personally do. Not so much as a knock on Jay, but with ricky retiring I think we need more of a quarterback instead of a game manager(God, I hate that term). I just dont see Jay opening up the field with his skills and while I havent seen AJ do squat, If even the promise of him being able to do deep slants, crisp crossing routes and other throws that are beyond Jay's arm strength is there, should we owe it to our great two recievers and tight ends to see what he can do, even if it stings a little early on while he gets acclimated?
I couldn't agree more, Jay had four years to show us the consistency and playmaking ability we need at quarterback, its time to go in a different direction. When this season is over I want to know what Feeley has by seeing him play a full season. Only then will we know if we need to look elsewhere for 2005.

I have no faith in Jay Fiedler from one week to the next because he lacks consistency, I have no faith in him leading this team to a Superbowl so whats the point in starting him?

Back
Top Bottom