Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2012 Offensive Line Projected To Be Ranked 22nd

You know, you Pouncey people seem to be feeding on each others hype.

How does a center who ranked 30th in the league in pass blocking last year look like he is going to be in a pro bowl anytime soon????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, his twin brother is good, but that has nothing to do with him. The sports world is full of identical twins who don't achieve the same levels as their lives go on.

You guys have nothing but optimism itself to base your claims on.

As of this time; Pouncey is looking more like bust than a pro bowler. Get real!!

Because the diffrence between 1st and 30th is 3%.

99 to 96.

i think ideally murtha wins the right tackle job and martin is the 3rd tackle in overload sets and the swing backup tackle while he works on his strength...thats what i'm hoping for to start at least...murtha the starter and martin the swing tackle and brought in for jumbo packages etc...martin MUST get stronger in the upper body

if they do start martin from the jump i don't see any way he could fare any worse than marc colombo did thats for sure...

pouncey "looks like a bust"...lmao...did i really read that...

The biggest question with the line is the guard position. Can the power blocking type guards of the old regime adapt to the new zone blocking scheme? Pouncey at center and Martin at right tackle seem natural fits for it, and Long is talented enough to succeed in whatever style or scheme. Just need to put it all together and get a stable starting five.

Because the diffrence between 1st and 30th is 3%.

99 to 96.

Like the facts state: Pouncey was ranked 30th in pass protection last year. He gave up 21 cumulative pressures. Eric Woods in Buffalo gave up 3. That is a huge difference by anybody's standards.

We will be a top 5 offensive line in this season.... mark my words....
:420:

Like the facts state: Pouncey was ranked 30th in pass protection last year. He gave up 21 cumulative pressures. Eric Woods in Buffalo gave up 3. That is a huge difference by anybody's standards.

I do think that pouncey needs to add 10 lbs on to be a better center and if you watched him play throughout the year he got better as the season progressed.

Now when you compare him to woods statistic wise you have to take into account that Woods played 9 games and Buffalo guard play is much better then Miami's.Which in turn helps out the centers play.

I do think that pouncey needs to add 10 lbs on to be a better center and if you watched him play throughout the year he got better as the season progressed.

Now when you compare him to woods statistic wise you have to take into account that Woods played 9 games and Buffalo guard play is much better then Miami's.Which in turn helps out the centers play.

People like him dont look into that. He just sees numbers and says.

zOmG Pouncey sukz.

No way this line is going be ranked in the lower 1/3rd of the league. I think we'll have a top 10 line this year

wow. forgotten in all this is that pouncey was a rookie and had very little help. why? because everyone had to slide protection to help out carey and columbos crappy ass sorry ****ing excuse for a play. Get real indeed. I suppose at least one person on finheaven loved columbo, because his play brought down the entire offense and gives that person a reason to use a formula... <insert player name> sucks... get real.

wow. forgotten in all this is that pouncey was a rookie and had very little help. why? because everyone had to slide protection to help out carey and columbos crappy ass sorry ****ing excuse for a play. Get real indeed. I suppose at least one person on finheaven loved columbo, because his play brought down the entire offense and gives that person a reason to use a formula... <insert player name> sucks... get real.

​purple microdot??

I totally disagree with this.

I think with Jake Long healthy, Pouncey in for another year, and the additions and subtractions (Columbo) will make the offensive line one of our strongest features.

I totally disagree with this.

I think with Jake Long healthy, Pouncey in for another year, and the additions and subtractions (Columbo) will make the offensive line one of our strongest features.

Ya, I wrote I was hoping for around 12th. In fact, if the Dolphins really lucked out and went the whole year healthy, I think they could be top ten.

What I don't understand is so many people seeing Pouncey as a real strength at center. There are no facts to back that up.

He was an extremely high draft pick who has a very successful twin brother, but he didn't show much last year.

I think Pouncey should move to OG, and the sooner the better; but for now there is no other good answer at center.

Back
Top Bottom