Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
James Walker‏ @JamesWalkerNFL
FILED TO ESPN: The #Dolphins have agreed to terms with free-agent safety T.J. McDonald despite eight-game suspension, according to a source.

Walker had a story first :ponder:

Good. Aside from Jones we have nothing

41s
Armando Salguero‏ @ArmandoSalguero
The Dolphins are signing safety T.J. McDonald to a one-year minimum salary contract. McDonald must serve 8 game suspension.

Welp how about that he did have it first- I cant remember the last time James broke news.

Cant hate on for minimum salary I guess, wonder if he appeals the suspension and tries to get it cut a little.

FILED TO ESPN: The #Dolphins have agreed to terms with free-agent safety T.J. McDonald despite eight-game suspension, according to a source.

Walker had a story first :ponder:

He was probably in the facility and saw McDonald walk past.

41s
I'm told multiple teams wanted to sign T.J. McDonald. He picked the Dolphins based opportunity to for fresh start away from west coast.

Someone dont tell him about South Beach. Lol

1m
Joe Schad‏ @schadjoe
Can confirm this. Interesting signing that could pay late-season dividends.

Hmm... could be a good move. You have to wonder if we would sign him to a 1 year deal like we have been doing lately, since it would be an 8 game contract... maybe 2 years? This has got to be dirt cheap

Helps alleviate SOME pressure of needing a safety in the draft, still need a true roaming safety since McDonald is more of a ss tho

43s
Barry Jackson‏ @flasportsbuzz
TJ McDonald, who is signing with Dolphins, (as source confirmed) had 64 tackles, one sack, two interceptions in 16 starts for Rams in '16.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Hmm... could be a good move. You have to wonder if we would sign him to a 1 year deal like we have been doing lately, since it would be an 8 game contract... maybe 2 years? This has got to be dirt cheap

Helps alleviate SOME pressure of needing a safety in the draft, still need a true roaming safety since McDonald is more of a ss tho

So far reported as one yr at leauge minimum

Is it weird that everytime the Dolphins sign a new player I go right to Madden to see what they are rated?

* FYI he's a 77.

Great signing. Low cost, low risk. If it doesn't work out, you move on next year. Like this move a lot.

Sounds good to me. Even if it sticks at 8 games, come november it will be nice to know help is on the way!

Hopefully he can stay out of trouble...there are clubs, bars, and nightlife in every nfl city so it's up to him to either get a driver or avoid altogether if he has a legit substance problem.

T.J. McDonald will join Dolphins for offseason prog, training camp. Once suspension begins won't be on 53. No practice. Yes to meetings.

Was commenting last night. Great pick up on the cheap that can provide competition at camp. He's definitely going to appeal the suspension that was handed down by the league. I meam c'mon, generally most players do appeal, no reason to think this will be any different. With the possibility of an appeal we might see him on the field (provided he makes it through camp)some time in the second quarter of the season. Glad he chose miami over the several teams that had interest in him.

Back
Top Bottom