Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald

Starting to read like he tested positive for adderol at one point and now got a DUI on it....which I didn't even know was possible..

The 8 games seems steep, and I don't have any serious moral dilemmas with this kid's decisions...just hope he can avoid further penalties for this ****.

Starting to read like he tested positive for adderol at one point and now got a DUI on it....which I didn't even know was possible..

The 8 games seems steep, and I don't have any serious moral dilemmas with this kid's decisions...just hope he can avoid further penalties for this ****.

He had an issue prior to the 2015 camp:

Jeff Fisher:
(On why S T.J. McDonald isn’t practicing)
"He’s coming off a little ordeal. He’ll be ready for camp. He had a little offseason issue."

8 games is steep but it is the current policy when it comes to second offenses.

And it definitely sounds like Adderol. Wouldn't compare this to Dion Jordan at all and cosign the move by Miami. He certainly fits the "interchangeable" safety model Miami is looking for. Seems like a guy who can come in, show off his work ethic and be solid in the lockerroom and with a good season earn himself something longterm. It will never be a huge guaranteed money deal for him being one strike away from a longterm suspension but this could pay divedends in the longrun.

He had an issue prior to the 2015 camp:

Jeff Fisher:

8 games is steep but it is the current policy when it comes to second offenses.

And it definitely sounds like Adderol. Wouldn't compare this to Dion Jordan at all and cosign the move by Miami. He certainly fits the "interchangeable" safety model Miami is looking for. Seems like a guy who can come in, show off his work ethic and be solid in the lockerroom and with a good season earn himself something longterm. It will never be a huge guaranteed money deal for him being one strike away from a longterm suspension but this could pay divedends in the longrun.

We just dont have enough information because of privacy issues etc, maybe the first strike was marijuana? Any way at least it answers the question why we were wondering 8 games and not less.

We should get the exact details of the contract today would think.

We just dont have enough information because of privacy issues etc, maybe the first strike was marijuana? Any way at least it answers the question why we were wondering 8 games and not less.

We should get the exact details of the contract today would think.

I mean it is all speculative right now, but it seems to be all linked towards Adderal, which I believe is still banned under the NFL drug policy even though many people in the NFL use it and requires a prescription.

DUI 8 games.

Beats a woman, or a kid, **** it you're allowed to play and maybe get a 2 game suspension.

They're still both pretty selfish, cowardly, and ****ty things to do IMO. But yeah, punishments in the NFL seem to be very very inconsistent.

Hopefully TJ's learned a big time lesson from this and can have at least a decent impact on our team. If not, see ya.

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates Apr 4
More
Factoring in the money he'll forfeit due to suspension, S TJ McDonald's deal with Miami is worth a base of $600k plus a $200k workout bonus.

Full details

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL
T.J. McDonald (Dolphins), $1.344M, $944,445 salary, $12,500 per game active roster bonus, $200K workout bonus

Back
Top Bottom