Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins agree to terms with TJ McDonald

More like he finally got caught once. It's very rare that that type of behavior is a single one time incident as far as the use in concerned.

Yeah but you don't know him and his history as of now leans to the side of a one time thing since he has passed multipe drug screenings in his career. Right now you're just making assumptions to justify your always sunny disposition.

Yeah but you don't know him and his history as of now leans to the side of a one time thing since he has passed multipe drug screenings in his career. Right now you're just making assumptions to justify your always sunny disposition.

Yes, but it's a safe assumption concerning those with SUDs.

So be it, I'll carry on elsewhere.

Sounds more like a dude who made a mistake once and is in the process of paying for that mistake rather than a disorder. He has proven to be an above average player in the league and has a love of the game rather than Dion Jordan who proved nothing and didn't seem to care about football at all.

Pretty sure you don't get suspended 8 games for a one off mistake. So he's likely been caught at least once before. Not not I have an opinion on the signing one way or the other just pointing this out.

Pretty sure you don't get suspended 8 games for a one off mistake. So he's likely been caught at least once before. Not not I have an opinion on the signing one way or the other just pointing this out.

Well according to everything I've read this is his first suspension, there's no history of anything else coming up with him since he's been in the league.

DUI 8 games.

Beats a woman, or a kid, **** it you're allowed to play and maybe get a 2 game suspension.

I'm not condoning DUI's, it's a very serious problem but his charge of a DUI was reduced and apparently he was on adderral not drunk.

I'm not condoning DUI's, it's a very serious problem but his charge of a DUI was reduced and apparently he was on adderral not drunk.

Why no appeal then? Something doesn't seem to add up to me, but it is what it is, 8 games.

Well according to everything I've read this is his first suspension, there's no history of anything else coming up with him since he's been in the league.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading they don't always (or maybe never) make the first offense public. At that point you are just entered into the substance abuse program. And as Albert said, not appealing the 8 games, which way out of the norm, seems very fishy.

Discipline for a second or subsequent offense, absent aggravating circumstances, will be a suspension without pay for eight regular and/or postseason games as determined by the Commissioner.

:ponder:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/15571205/

A player fails the test if their sample tests positive for illegal substances (obviously) or if they fail to show up to the test. Failing a drug test moves a player to Stage One of the NFL's Intervention Program. Stage One is simple, the medical director evaluates a player and then comes up with a treatment plan for him at a facility or through a clinician. The player is subject to substance abuse testing, but it is not yet at surprise at this point. Stage One can last up to 90 days. Violations of Stage One only result in a penalty of a fine. If a player successfully completes Stage One, they are free, but they enter Stage Two if they fail.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.balt...06/a-refresher-course-on-the-nfls-drug-policy

Ok. Im convinced- this is his second issue.

Discipline for a second or subsequent offense, absent aggravating circumstances, will be a suspension without pay for eight regular and/or postseason games as determined by the Commissioner.

:ponder:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/15571205/

A player fails the test if their sample tests positive for illegal substances (obviously) or if they fail to show up to the test. Failing a drug test moves a player to Stage One of the NFL's Intervention Program. Stage One is simple, the medical director evaluates a player and then comes up with a treatment plan for him at a facility or through a clinician. The player is subject to substance abuse testing, but it is not yet at surprise at this point. Stage One can last up to 90 days. Violations of Stage One only result in a penalty of a fine. If a player successfully completes Stage One, they are free, but they enter Stage Two if they fail.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.balt...06/a-refresher-course-on-the-nfls-drug-policy

Ok. Im convinced- this is his second issue.

Well the good news is it would appear or one would hope miami isnt putting all their eggs in this basket

Well the good news is it would appear or one would hope miami isnt putting all their eggs in this basket

To me this reaffirms Armandos - 'zero tolerance' point. Cause the next slip up and punishment ya bye bye. It is a little odd they go this route after the Jordan situation.

More like he finally got caught once. It's very rare that that type of behavior is a single one time incident as far as the use in concerned.

What are you talking about? The first time I ever got caught with marijuana, it was my very first time. Weird, huh?

What are you talking about? The first time I ever got caught with marijuana, it was my very first time. Weird, huh?

I've never been caught . . . er, I mean I've never even injected the stuff. Don't even know how amazing and wonderful it is.

Back
Top Bottom