Dolphins begin stadium renovations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins begin stadium renovations

So happy the renovations are actually happening. Last year at this time there was so much uncertainty in regards to the stadium's future and the team itself. It is exciting that we are getting these upgrades and a 30 year lease. Plus it is a bonus that we can drink the tears of Norman Braman. :lol: He may have won the battle last year, but in the end he lost the war.

6a00e009948dcd883301a73de22055970d320wi-1.jpg

Demo1300x200-1.jpg

BrOYNsoCUAAOQxx-1.jpg:large

Earlier today, the Miami Dolphins commenced work on the modernization of Sun Life Stadium. The multi-year construction project officially began this morning following a successful vote before the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners last Tuesday. The project, which will encompass a host of improvements, including all new seats, a shade canopy, new video boards, and concourse and concession improvements, is expected to be complete by the start of the 2016 football season. Upon completion, Sun Life Stadium will be a best-in-class facility capable of attracting world-class events to South Florida for the next 25 years.

“Today is an exciting day for the Miami Dolphins and South Florida as we mark the beginning of our comprehensive stadium modernization project,” said Tom Garfinkel, President & Chief Executive Officer of the Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium. “Once complete, the stadium will serve as a global destination that will bring a diverse set of world-class events and significant economic benefits to Miami-Dade County.”
http://www.sunlifestadium.com/news/miami-dolphins-start-stadium-modernization

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy the renovations are actually happening. Last year at this time there was so much uncertainty in regards to the stadium's future and the team itself. It is exciting that we are getting these upgrades and a 30 year lease. Plus it is a bonus that we can drink the tears of Norman Braman. :lol: He may have won the battle last year, but in the end he lost the war.

You know I have the Abbot & Costello "Niagara Falls" "slowly I turned" visceral blood-rushing-to-head trigger reaction whenever I hear that hypocritical POS's name considering his "proposal" to the city of Philly for a new Eagles Stadium 20 years ago.

First, unlike Ross who lives palatially part of the year in W. Palm Beach and graduated from N. Miami Beach H.S., Braman was in every sense an absentee carpetbagger of an owner. He never lived in Philly dividing his time between So FL and France. He proposed a stadium deal where he would underwrite the construction cost deceptively with no taxpayer burden, BUT it was contingent on the city buying or trading and then gifting real estate, specifically a 46 acre parcel of prime industrial property for the site. He also wanted Federal money to subsidize jobs. Most importantly he did not want to spend more than $100mil for the new stadium (remember he was the one who broke Eagles fans hearts by trading Reggie White since he didn't want to pay him). Now granted, it was 20 years ago, but plugging $100mil into an inflation calculator, he'd be magnanimously offering to fund a stadium with a spending ceiling of $158mil in 2014 dollars. Yet while he gets all sorts of subsidies and tax breaks for his upscale dealerships, he has the nerve to bellyache over Ross who actually lives here part of the year asking for help (not free land and free city parking facilities) and willing to reach at the least 4X deeper into his own pocket than Braman ever intended to do. So **** Norman Braman! He's got as much credible sincerity as Bernie Madoff lecutring on fiscal integrity!

http://articles.philly.com/1993-12-...trum-ii-team-owner-norman-braman-stadium-site

inflation calculator:http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

Love the hard hats with the Dolphins logo. :up:

Those are great. Would love to get my hands on one of them.

As for the renovations, so happy about it and that Miami won't be moving. Hopefully this and winning brings more fans to the games.

I am very happy with this news. With new seats, and thinning out some of the upper levels, moving seats closer, and a canopy for shade JRS will be awesome!

The first job is fixing the hole in the floor Jon Martin left when he tossed his tray down in the cafeteria.

The best part about these renovations is trashing those disgusting orange seats. Never should of been that color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's awesome. So glad to see that they are gonna for sure stay for a long time still. The vacancy in LA and the failure to get a deal done really had me worried. Glad I don't have to hear "LA Dolphins" Not that it was that likely anyways, obviously Jax and Buffalo would be more likely candidates.

Back
Top Bottom