Dolphins begin stadium renovations

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Daytona Fin, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Hot Sauce Moderator Finheaven VIP

[tweet]482893549092892672[/tweet]

More info to come

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

So happy the renovations are actually happening. Last year at this time there was so much uncertainty in regards to the stadium's future and the team itself. It is exciting that we are getting these upgrades and a 30 year lease. Plus it is a bonus that we can drink the tears of Norman Braman. :lol: He may have won the battle last year, but in the end he lost the war.

3. Daytona Fin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.sunlifestadium.com/news/miami-dolphins-start-stadium-modernization

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Love the hard hats with the Dolphins logo. :up:

5. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

You know I have the Abbot & Costello "Niagara Falls" "slowly I turned" visceral blood-rushing-to-head trigger reaction whenever I hear that hypocritical POS's name considering his "proposal" to the city of Philly for a new Eagles Stadium 20 years ago.

First, unlike Ross who lives palatially part of the year in W. Palm Beach and graduated from N. Miami Beach H.S., Braman was in every sense an absentee carpetbagger of an owner. He never lived in Philly dividing his time between So FL and France. He proposed a stadium deal where he would underwrite the construction cost deceptively with no taxpayer burden, BUT it was contingent on the city buying or trading and then gifting real estate, specifically a 46 acre parcel of prime industrial property for the site. He also wanted Federal money to subsidize jobs. Most importantly he did not want to spend more than $100mil for the new stadium (remember he was the one who broke Eagles fans hearts by trading Reggie White since he didn't want to pay him). Now granted, it was 20 years ago, but plugging $100mil into an inflation calculator, he'd be magnanimously offering to fund a stadium with a spending ceiling of $158mil in 2014 dollars. Yet while he gets all sorts of subsidies and tax breaks for his upscale dealerships, he has the nerve to bellyache over Ross who actually lives here part of the year asking for help (not free land and free city parking facilities) and willing to reach at the least 4X deeper into his own pocket than Braman ever intended to do. So **** Norman Braman! He's got as much credible sincerity as Bernie Madoff lecutring on fiscal integrity!

http://articles.philly.com/1993-12-...trum-ii-team-owner-norman-braman-stadium-site

inflation calculator:http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

6. 72 silky

72 silky Well-Known Member

I have one(old logo)

7. dobrasz54

dobrasz54 Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Those are great. Would love to get my hands on one of them.

As for the renovations, so happy about it and that Miami won't be moving. Hopefully this and winning brings more fans to the games.

8. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

I am very happy with this news. With new seats, and thinning out some of the upper levels, moving seats closer, and a canopy for shade JRS will be awesome!

9. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

The first job is fixing the hole in the floor Jon Martin left when he tossed his tray down in the cafeteria.

10. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The best part about these renovations is trashing those disgusting orange seats. Never should of been that color.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  11. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

I hope the roof engineers design the roof so it has sound deflection directed to the football field.

12. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Yeah that's awesome. So glad to see that they are gonna for sure stay for a long time still. The vacancy in LA and the failure to get a deal done really had me worried. Glad I don't have to hear "LA Dolphins" Not that it was that likely anyways, obviously Jax and Buffalo would be more likely candidates.

13. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

When is everything expected to be ready?

14. Daytona Fin

Before the start of the 2016 season.

15. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

One thing about this picture that makes me sad.... Should be a wrecking crane instead of some dude with a sawzall... At least something is being done.

Just terrible, "After getting the game twice in a three-year span, Miami has been shut out since 2009. The game can return to Sun Life Stadium in 2019, at the earliest."

16. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Yea that vacanacy has only been there 19 years lol, The dolphins were going nowhere LA has just been a vessel for greedy owners to get new stadium built by taxpayers that will never reap much benefit from them overall.

17. damaster21

damaster21 PSN: FatalViper

What color are the new seats going to be? Aqua would be so much better than orange.

18. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I hate to tell you but the days of a superbowl every 5 years is dead. The superbowl is now pie in the sky blackmail to get new stadiums and renovations done. We would have to be pretty lucky to get the game by 2019.
    SF, Hou and Minn have superbowls alrady coming. Atlanta will probably be next in line. Tampa Bay is still a possibility, as is Dallas. New Orleans has got beaten out a few times lately. Washington is looking to get one,.

19. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

No need to tell me. Im fully aware and have been for a good 4 years. We'll be lucky to have one in the next decade... At least we're renovating for college ball and soccer games.
    Like I said, the stadium needed a crane, not some dude with a sawzall

20. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

well the owner is not going to foot that kind of bill and by waiting too late in process would probably never get I done. I mean the NFL told him years ago they wanted renovations and he waited years to try to get it done.
    Im not sure I want a new stadium, I just want a good team and as a florida resident im not in favor of pumping over half a billion into a new stadium esp with the scam the NFL keeps pulling.

21. NorthernFin

NorthernFin Scout Team

22. Dolphin North

Dolphin North A True Fan

That's a good idea! I remember when listening to Mike Dee (former CEO) explaining about the reno 2 years ago, that he mentioned that part of the home field advantage was that the seats would be moved in and steeper. I think he also said the roof would help keep some of the sound in, but I don't know if they are engineering for that specifically or just aware that it will help. But engineering it to the best degree for sound as well would b smart.

23. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Typical lol. Hell u ever seen the guys work on the highway lol

24. joeharley666

joeharley666 Banned Hammered

Haha yeah, union work at it's best

25. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Swiped this Dolphins Bandits Facebook page.
    [​IMG]

26. Dolphin North

Dolphin North A True Fan

Great picture! That guy's cool. I got my picture with him when I was down there. He was so psyched for the game and was telling us how he wanted us all to cheer loudly and everything. Really dedicated fan, if the paint didn't already tell us that. Maybe I'll switch my avatar to that picture soon.

27. Djavelin

Djavelin Head Dolphin In This Pod Donator

Miami is here to stay. 30 year lease. I laugh at the people on here that said Miami was going to move. Glad to see the stadium is finally going to get that upgrade. Now is the time to get this team on track and be the team to beat in the east for a long long time.

28. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I am happy you will be upgrading b/c that means more SBs will be played there like they should be but the renderings are pretty ugly.

29. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

How does it feel to know your executives had a chance at building a new venue and didn't for once think about a 12 the man advantage?.. That's gotta hurt man, y'all had the chance and you blew it, I've read from many jet fans complaining about the distance between the stands and the field and how it sucks for home field advantage,.

Really dumb decision not taking into account what's happening in Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  30. MiggeMadness

MiggeMadness Starter

Why? So the 12th man can cause our oline to commit false starts? It already seems like our opponents have the crowd advantage more often than we do. Although I do remember being quite impressed with 1 game early last year. I can't remember which one, but we actually got loud.

But who knows, with some shade and hopefully more winning maybe we won't have to deal with 50% if the fans in attendance being those of our opponent.

31. poppy

poppy Seasoned Veteran

I think you are referring to the Atlanta game. There was a buzz in the building and an overall buzz growing about the team after that game and then they crapped the bed the next 4 games. Buzz-kill!

32. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I don't think the seats could be closer to the field than they are actually. The problem w/ the Stadium is that the upper deck is too high and too far pushed back but that is the problem w/ most newer stadiums have b/c they need to build a million suites, clubs and restaurants. these new Stadiums aren't for football fans, they are to entertain clients.

The new Stadium is actually really loud when the team gives the fans a reason to get really loud. Sitting in the lower level or mezz is great, sitting in the UD sucks and in the old stadium the last row in the UD wasn't a bad seat.

Seattle pipes in crowd noise, Seattle was not a tough place to play when the team wasn't good but they are really good now and really difficult to beat them at home.

Seattle fans get excited over soccer so those people are different up there.

33. MiggeMadness

MiggeMadness Starter

Yea, I was thinking it was the Atlanta game, but couldn't say for sure. I just remembered that for the first time in what seemed like ages you could really hear the excitement from the crowd on tv.