Dolphins begin stadium renovations | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins begin stadium renovations

Yeah that's awesome. So glad to see that they are gonna for sure stay for a long time still. The vacancy in LA and the failure to get a deal done really had me worried. Glad I don't have to hear "LA Dolphins" Not that it was that likely anyways, obviously Jax and Buffalo would be more likely candidates.

Yea that vacanacy has only been there 19 years lol, The dolphins were going nowhere LA has just been a vessel for greedy owners to get new stadium built by taxpayers that will never reap much benefit from them overall.

What color are the new seats going to be? Aqua would be so much better than orange.

One thing about this picture that makes me sad.... Should be a wrecking crane instead of some dude with a sawzall... At least something is being done.

Just terrible, "After getting the game twice in a three-year span, Miami has been shut out since 2009. The game can return to Sun Life Stadium in 2019, at the earliest."

I hate to tell you but the days of a superbowl every 5 years is dead. The superbowl is now pie in the sky blackmail to get new stadiums and renovations done. We would have to be pretty lucky to get the game by 2019.
SF, Hou and Minn have superbowls alrady coming. Atlanta will probably be next in line. Tampa Bay is still a possibility, as is Dallas. New Orleans has got beaten out a few times lately. Washington is looking to get one,.

No need to tell me. Im fully aware and have been for a good 4 years. We'll be lucky to have one in the next decade... At least we're renovating for college ball and soccer games.
I hate to tell you but the days of a superbowl every 5 years is dead. The superbowl is now pie in the sky blackmail to get new stadiums and renovations done. We would have to be pretty lucky to get the game by 2019.
SF, Hou and Minn have superbowls alrady coming. Atlanta will probably be next in line. Tampa Bay is still a possibility, as is Dallas. New Orleans has got beaten out a few times lately. Washington is looking to get one,.

Like I said, the stadium needed a crane, not some dude with a sawzall

No need to tell me. Im fully aware and have been for a good 4 years. We'll be lucky to have one in the next decade... At least we're renovating for college ball and soccer games.

Like I said, the stadium needed a crane, not some dude with a sawzall

well the owner is not going to foot that kind of bill and by waiting too late in process would probably never get I done. I mean the NFL told him years ago they wanted renovations and he waited years to try to get it done.
Im not sure I want a new stadium, I just want a good team and as a florida resident im not in favor of pumping over half a billion into a new stadium esp with the scam the NFL keeps pulling.

6a00e009948dcd883301a73de22055970d320wi-1.jpg

Demo1300x200-1.jpg

BrOYNsoCUAAOQxx-1.jpg:large

http://www.sunlifestadium.com/news/miami-dolphins-start-stadium-modernization

One guy working, two guys watching. This could take awhile.

I hope the roof engineers design the roof so it has sound deflection directed to the football field.
That's a good idea! I remember when listening to Mike Dee (former CEO) explaining about the reno 2 years ago, that he mentioned that part of the home field advantage was that the seats would be moved in and steeper. I think he also said the roof would help keep some of the sound in, but I don't know if they are engineering for that specifically or just aware that it will help. But engineering it to the best degree for sound as well would b smart.

Swiped this Dolphins Bandits Facebook page.
10468648_10152141900656583_3731591879454-1.jpg
Great picture! That guy's cool. I got my picture with him when I was down there. He was so psyched for the game and was telling us how he wanted us all to cheer loudly and everything. Really dedicated fan, if the paint didn't already tell us that. Maybe I'll switch my avatar to that picture soon.

Miami is here to stay. 30 year lease. I laugh at the people on here that said Miami was going to move. Glad to see the stadium is finally going to get that upgrade. Now is the time to get this team on track and be the team to beat in the east for a long long time.

I am happy you will be upgrading b/c that means more SBs will be played there like they should be but the renderings are pretty ugly.

I am happy you will be upgrading b/c that means more SBs will be played there like they should be but the renderings are pretty ugly.

How does it feel to know your executives had a chance at building a new venue and didn't for once think about a 12 the man advantage?.. That's gotta hurt man, y'all had the chance and you blew it, I've read from many jet fans complaining about the distance between the stands and the field and how it sucks for home field advantage,.

Really dumb decision not taking into account what's happening in Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the roof engineers design the roof so it has sound deflection directed to the football field.

Why? So the 12th man can cause our oline to commit false starts? It already seems like our opponents have the crowd advantage more often than we do. Although I do remember being quite impressed with 1 game early last year. I can't remember which one, but we actually got loud.

But who knows, with some shade and hopefully more winning maybe we won't have to deal with 50% if the fans in attendance being those of our opponent.

Back
Top Bottom