Dolphins best team not to make playoffs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins best team not to make playoffs?

djfresh47 said:
I think it's San Diego, but an arguement can be made for Kc or Dallas.

Stop diluting your own correct assessment by hedging. You got it right immediately with San Diego. Easily the best team not to make the playoffs. All this KC nonsense is short term focus and improper. Momentum is irrelevant. Give me style and premier players, and the Chargers have it all over the Chiefs in those categories.

San Diego has amazing stats in all the relevant categories that hint toward playoff success. They were an absolute threat if they had snuck in, while KC's defense made them a near certain early out. KC allows 5.6 yards per play which is more than a half yard worse than the Chargers and screams toward playoff failure.

The Chargers scored 51 TDs and allowed 36. Incredible to miss the playoffs with numbers like that. It's even more remarkable when you consider they mailed in their final game after being eliminated last week.

That's when teams pack in the final week, BTW, after expecting to make the playoffs all year then falling short and being ousted the next to last week. We saw that with the Chargers yesterday, and Falcons today. It's something I always have stressed when I've been on sports talk shows as a guest analyst here. Gamblers always expect the teams that have everything clinched to fall apart, but very often they still play well since the confidence is intact and games ahead. The demoralized teams that are suddenly going home are the ones that cave in.

:dolphins:
zachequalsgod said:
Would everyone agree, as an objective football fan (aside from being a dolphins fan), that the Fins are the best team that aren't playing in the playoffs?
dam straight

Awsi Dooger said:
Stop diluting your own correct assessment by hedging. You got it right immediately with San Diego. Easily the best team not to make the playoffs. All this KC nonsense is short term focus and improper. Momentum is irrelevant. Give me style and premier players, and the Chargers have it all over the Chiefs in those categories.

San Diego has amazing stats in all the relevant categories that hint toward playoff success. They were an absolute threat if they had snuck in, while KC's defense made them a near certain early out. KC allows 5.6 yards per play which is more than a half yard worse than the Chargers and screams toward playoff failure.

The Chargers scored 51 TDs and allowed 36. Incredible to miss the playoffs with numbers like that. It's even more remarkable when you consider they mailed in their final game after being eliminated last week.

That's when teams pack in the final week, BTW, after expecting to make the playoffs all year then falling short and being ousted the next to last week. We saw that with the Chargers yesterday, and Falcons today. It's something I always have stressed when I've been on sports talk shows as a guest analyst here. Gamblers always expect the teams that have everything clinched to fall apart, but very often they still play well since the confidence is intact and games ahead. The demoralized teams that are suddenly going home are the ones that cave in.
I'd have to go with San Diego, first as well. Then KC and then us.

The way I look at it is ... Consider the non-playoff teams (as they're playing now) going head-to-head on a neutral site in perfect weather, who do you think wins the various matchups? I don't know how else you can view it to be fair. And with this in mind, I'd have to put San Diego, KC, and then us. But I think us and KC are very close.

To take it a step further, I'd probably put Jacksonville and maybe Pittsburgh at our level. And those teams are in the playoffs.

I would not want to play KC with the Penn Stater tearing it up

I noticed a couple people said Dallas was a better non-playoff team than us.

I'm pretty sure you were joking because they lost to a poor Rams team!! :cry:

I think the teams in the playoffs are glad KC isnt in. Nobody wants to play them now. By far the best non-playoff team. Better than the 10-6 Dolphins.

chuckcole said:
I'd have to go with San Diego, first as well. Then KC and then us.

The way I look at it is ... Consider the non-playoff teams (as they're playing now) going head-to-head on a neutral site in perfect weather, who do you think wins the various matchups? I don't know how else you can view it to be fair. And with this in mind, I'd have to put San Diego, KC, and then us. But I think us and KC are very close.

To take it a step further, I'd probably put Jacksonville and maybe Pittsburgh at our level. And those teams are in the playoffs.

That's horrible reasoning. San Diego had their chance to come out, beat us after a two game losing streak and had a chance to be in the playoffs. They didn't beat us, nor did they beat Denver in a game that was meaningless to them. That was simply a team that gave up in the end, not a playoff team. Then again, we should have never lost to Buffalo, Philly and Dallas.

Regardless, it doesn't matter who's the first, second or third best team to not make the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs and now the window has finally slammed shut on us.

Nothing more, nothing less.

TonyGfortheTD said:
That's horrible reasoning. San Diego had their chance to come out, beat us after a two game losing streak and had a chance to be in the playoffs. They didn't beat us, nor did they beat Denver in a game that was meaningless to them. That was simply a team that gave up in the end, not a playoff team. Then again, we should have never lost to Buffalo, Philly and Dallas.

Regardless, it doesn't matter who's the first, second or third best team to not make the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs and now the window has finally slammed shut on us.

Nothing more, nothing less.
:confused:

What's horrible reasoning? I didn't present any reasoning. I only presented what I considered to be the only fair way of evaluating the teams and then what I would conclude from that. Is that what you mean? If so, how in the world is that horrible? You may disagree with my conclusions, but how is the method horrible?

KC is the best, but we are probably right there next to them. I dont think KC will be good next year. Putting LJ aside, Trent Green is getting up there, as is there great O-line in which Roaf and Shields both may retire. They are like 27 million over the cap, and they only have like 3 or 4 good defensive players.

byroan said:
Yes. They dominated almost that whole entire game. You can't compare crap like today's games with GB and Seattle. You have to look at the entire game but no one does that.

So the Chargers are better than the Colts, and we are better than the Chargers......so, we are better than the Colts. :shakeno:

I think that you can say that on that day, the Chargers were the better team....and on the day we beat SD, we were the better team. But it doesn't mean that for the season, one team was better than another, and if they were to play again, that the same team would win.

burger13 said:
So the Chargers are better than the Colts, and we are better than the Chargers......so, we are better than the Colts. :shakeno:

I think that you can say that on that day, the Chargers were the better team....and on the day we beat SD, we were the better team. But it doesn't mean that for the season, one team was better than another, and if they were to play again, that the same team would win.

Exactly

Back
Top Bottom