Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator.

The Sherman hire may have increased the Fins' affection for Tannehill after the two worked together in College Station. Breer does caution that he wouldn't expect Miami to trade up for Tannehill, but sends him to the Dolphins in his latest mock draft. For the mock, Breer enlisted the help of NFL executives.
Related: Dolphins

Source: NFL.com
Apr 9 - 4:43 PM

I'm sure the Dolphins were high on other QBs too so I'm not sure what point Breer is trying to make.

According to NFL Network's Albert Breer, Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Mike Sherman as offensive coordinator.

The Sherman hire may have increased the Fins' affection for Tannehill after the two worked together in College Station. Breer does caution that he wouldn't expect Miami to trade up for Tannehill, but sends him to the Dolphins in his latest mock draft. For the mock, Breer enlisted the help of NFL executives.

i thought i made this clear 2 weeks ago when i told you he will be our pick and we may move up one slot.

I could have told you that cause we hired Philbin; a guy who has learnt the NFL game in the WCO starting in Sherman's offense. Tannehill knows the terminology.

The staff is high on lot's of guys. If the staff likes him, then we will have to live with that. Frankly, I am not impressed with him. Is he physically, mentally, or athletically superior to Matt Moore? He looks like a 2nd round bootleg pick to me.
IMHO, no.
I would rather see us take play makers for MM to pass or hand off to. Draft the franchise QB next year(Barkley / Jones).

The staff is high on lot's of guys. If the staff likes him, then we will have to live with that. Frankly, I am not impressed with him. Is he physically, mentally, or athletically superior to Matt Moore? He looks like a 2nd round bootleg pick to me.
IMHO, no.
I would rather see us take play makers for MM to pass or hand off to. Draft the franchise QB next year(Barkley / Jones).

Im pretty sure he is phyiscally and mentally better than Moore or more athletic. Doesnt mean he will be a great qb but he is by far a better athlete. He also is three time academic all american with plans to be an orthopedic surgeon so I would venture he is menatally superior to Moore.

I just don't see how Matt Moore fits in the WCO. He has no accuracy underneath.

IMHO, no.

With what you say about drafting Barkley or Jones next year you are exxpecting us to win LESS games next year! If they are the top two QB next year, then we will have to at least have a top 5 pick, if not higher......

With what you say about drafting Barkley or Jones next year you are exxpecting us to win LESS games next year! If they are the top two QB next year, then we will have to at least have a top 5 pick, if not higher......

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys. There are other QB's coming out too.
Is Tannehill better than the top 5 guys coming out next year? That is the question.
Keep in mind, next year's QB demand should be less than this year. Pretty flimsy reasoning, but I am not sold on Tannehill.

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys.

Every year for the last decade we could always "trade up and make a move"... NEXT year.

Then when "next year" actually gets here, we stand pat and wait for a QB to "fall to us" and they all get taken by everyone else, or we pass on them for an OL.

Time to do something THIS YEAR. Time to Live In The NOW.

Based on everything I've seen.. Tannehill came out of the Chad Henne mold.. So if they are really that high on him... then its true... They are morons...

I think it is fair to say based on the moves and non-moves by the Dolphins brass they are just plain old ****ing high.

Every year for the last decade we could always "trade up and make a move"... NEXT year.

Then when "next year" actually gets here, we stand pat and wait for a QB to "fall to us" and they all get taken by everyone else, or we pass on them for an OL.

Time to do something THIS YEAR. Time to Live In The NOW.

Right on. I agree 100%.

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys. There are other QB's coming out too.
Is Tannehill better than the top 5 guys coming out next year? That is the question.
Keep in mind, next year's QB demand should be less than this year. Pretty flimsy reasoning, but I am not sold on Tannehill.
I like your point about next year's demand for QBs potentially being lower than this year's demand. It is a gamble to wait but IF Tannehill isn't the guy it is better to get a playmaker but I'm not going to criticize Sherman if he wants Tannehill. I don't strictly believe in BPA but getting the best QB available after Luck and RG is no good if he doesn't contribute.

Back
Top Bottom