Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman

The similarities between Henne and Tannehilll are there.

Both lock on to targets before the ball is in their hands.
Both have very strong arms.
Both have a tendacy to completely miss their receiver.
Neither is a born leader in the huddle or the field.

Aside from those four facts, they are nothing alike. Tannehill is a MUCH better athlete. MUCH MUCH better.

True.

The one thing that used to drive me crazy about Henne is that once he looked off a receiver, he could rarely find them again. That is why he locked onto them. Once the opposing defenses see that on tape, they can just watch his eyes, or even worse bait him into throwing to certain areas in key situations.
I am not sure if Tannehill has the same problem, but if he has the same problem reacquiring the WR, it will be the same results. I have not watched a lot of Tannehill, but I hope the staff does their homework.

What are you going to say if we don't draft him and he lights it up on another team? Can go either way bud.
You are correct it can go either way. the reality is that 2 months ago tannehill was considered at most a 2nd rounder. In fact most "experts" still consider him to be that, some even go third. Why in the hell is it worth taking that much of a gamble for him? We have the 8th pick....you should draft a player that warrants that high of a pick plain and simple. It really doesnt matter how Tannehill performs....from what we know now, he is NOT worth drafting that high. YOur question could easily go the other way....what if we draft him and he becomes average at best? THen the franchise is screwed til they throw in the towel on him. If that risk is going to be taken, I would prefer it be taken on a player that is worth the 8th pick overall!

You are correct it can go either way. the reality is that 2 months ago tannehill was considered at most a 2nd rounder. In fact most "experts" still consider him to be that, some even go third. Why in the hell is it worth taking that much of a gamble for him? We have the 8th pick....you should draft a player that warrants that high of a pick plain and simple. It really doesnt matter how Tannehill performs....from what we know now, he is NOT worth drafting that high. YOur question could easily go the other way....what if we draft him and he becomes average at best? THen the franchise is screwed til they throw in the towel on him. If that risk is going to be taken, I would prefer it be taken on a player that is worth the 8th pick overall!

All you did was basically say the same thing with more words, every player in this draft can be a bust but I'd rather try with Tannehill than any other position at this moment.

Back
Top Bottom