Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins brass was high on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill even before hiring Sherman

I still don't understand the thought process that just because we need a qb we should reach on one. If we draft Tannehill and he sucks the franchise will be set back 3-5 more years minimum. I would rather the fins get a good qb next year than draft a reach this year. We have more holes to fill than qb. Why not fill those in so that when we get a qb next year he will have weapons around him to work with. I say, draft Floyd with the 8th or hell go BPA over REACHING for tannehill!

Just the opposite. The franchise has been set back for 13 years becasue they have yet to draft a QB that can start. Henne is a stiff and Tennehill is athletic, fluid, and very accurate throwing on the run or standing still. He is worth taking a chance on. Waiting for next year is no different then waiting for the last 16 years. Its for Losers.

I still don't understand the thought process that just because we need a qb we should reach on one. If we draft Tannehill and he sucks the franchise will be set back 3-5 more years minimum. I would rather the fins get a good qb next year than draft a reach this year. We have more holes to fill than qb. Why not fill those in so that when we get a qb next year he will have weapons around him to work with. I say, draft Floyd with the 8th or hell go BPA over REACHING for tannehill!

What are you going to say if we don't draft him and he lights it up on another team? Can go either way bud.

what on earth makes people think to trade up in next years qb class is gonna cost any less??? it won't be any different than this year...and if you want matt barkley you better be prepared to pay a price like the skins paid for rg3 or finish with a top 3 worst case pick...this team can't lose enough when we need it to to put us in the position we need to be in if we wait til 2013 on the qb position...

Not to beat a dead horse but absolutely no one knows more about Tannehill than our new coaches. If they deem he is worth the #8 pick then buckle up the chin straps and let's roll. If they don't then that should tell you something and let's take the best playmaker available or trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. There is good depth at WR and OL in this draft which are both areas of need that we can fill very well in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Based on everything I've seen.. Tannehill came out of the Chad Henne mold.. So if they are really that high on him... then its true... They are morons...

Henne and Tannehill have absolutely no similarities as QB's. Your post is just uninformed.

Based on everything I've seen.. Tannehill came out of the Chad Henne mold.. So if they are really that high on him... then its true... They are morons...

Cut your bangs - what would ever cause you to place Henne and Tannenhill in the same paragraph let alone sentence but biased hate - hater

They are hardly alike

Cut your bangs - what would ever cause you to place Henne and Tannenhill in the same paragraph let alone sentence but biased hate - hater

They are hardly alike

Like I said in another thread I haven't seen much of tannehill so I can't really say much about his game but the only comparison I've seen someone make of henne and tannehill is that they lock onto their receivers immediately but idk what that poster was comparing henne/tannehill about specifically.

I'd be real interested to see your reasoning here. This is a bizarre comparison.

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys. There are other QB's coming out too.
Is Tannehill better than the top 5 guys coming out next year? That is the question.
Keep in mind, next year's QB demand should be less than this year. Pretty flimsy reasoning, but I am not sold on Tannehill.

THIS!

I agree with you and this is the exact reason I am not sold on spending this high of a pick at #8 (and HELL NO to trading up for him) on Tannehill. I think we grab weapons for moore and if we stink, we address QB next year. WHat would you guys do if Tannehill is a bust?!
Dont give me the "You have to try your luck at drafting a QB in 1st rd blah blah"
I agree that you do, but what makes this kid better than going all in on a more FOR SURE thing in Barkely next year if necessary?

Isnt giving Moore and Garrard worth a shot than wasting #8 overall pick when we can either trade down and acquire more picks to fill voids or take BPA???
To me, the gamble on drafting Tannehill is the same as letting Moore/Garrard battle it out this year. Probably more risk than reward drafting Tannehill and him being a duck than seeing what Matt Moore can bring to the table. If he fails, you still improved MULTIPLE offensive holes and can go ALL in on BARKELY

Trade down,grab someone mid 1st and 2nd draft Decastro (SURE thing...makes our line one of the best for years to come) and then take a WR (Wright or Floyd or even Hill) with 2nd
3rd draft a TE and pass rusher or even CB Jenoris Jenkins (ball hawk watched him play at FLA before transferring)
4th grab streeter

THIS!

I agree with you and this is the exact reason I am not sold on spending this high of a pick at #8 (and HELL NO to trading up for him) on Tannehill. I think we grab weapons for moore and if we stink, we address QB next year. WHat would you guys do if Tannehill is a bust?!
Dont give me the "You have to try your luck at drafting a QB in 1st rd blah blah"
I agree that you do, but what makes this kid better than going all in on a more FOR SURE thing in Barkely next year if necessary?

Isnt giving Moore and Garrard worth a shot than wasting #8 overall pick when we can either trade down and acquire more picks to fill voids or take BPA???
To me, the gamble on drafting Tannehill is the same as letting Moore/Garrard battle it out this year. Probably more risk than reward drafting Tannehill and him being a duck than seeing what Matt Moore can bring to the table. If he fails, you still improved MULTIPLE offensive holes and can go ALL in on BARKELY

Trade down,grab someone mid 1st and 2nd draft Decastro (SURE thing...makes our line one of the best for years to come) and then take a WR (Wright or Floyd or even Hill) with 2nd
3rd draft a TE and pass rusher or even CB Jenoris Jenkins (ball hawk watched him play at FLA before transferring)
4th grab streeter

I think the staff has shown what they think of Moore's ceiling by bringing every damn qb they could find in. I dont think they want to throw away another year of possibly developing thier qb of the future.
We have as much faith in Moore as Carolina did when they kept drafting qb's. Doesnt mean Moore cannot be a good qb just means they would prefer somebody else and dont like his long term probablility of being a good qb.

We could finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But we could trade picks and make a move up to get one of those guys. There are other QB's coming out too.
Is Tannehill better than the top 5 guys coming out next year? That is the question.
Keep in mind, next year's QB demand should be less than this year. Pretty flimsy reasoning, but I am not sold on Tannehill.

I have us finishing 3-13, next year. We should be in the running for Barkley next year. I say we go after him. No way this team wins more than 3 games next year.

i thought i made this clear 2 weeks ago when i told you he will be our pick and we may move up one slot.

Oh, okay.

I was really wondering if we were going to take him or not. Since you made it perfectly clear 2 weeks ago, I now know we will.

Thanks for the clarification.

The similarities between Henne and Tannehilll are there.

Both lock on to targets before the ball is in their hands.
Both have very strong arms.
Both have a tendacy to completely miss their receiver.
Neither is a born leader in the huddle or the field.

Aside from those four facts, they are nothing alike. Tannehill is a MUCH better athlete. MUCH MUCH better.

Back
Top Bottom