Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason

I think you guys are giving this article too much attention. Gase has said in his pressers that he already knows what he is getting with pounce an doesn't need him to over work himself with unnecessary practice. I agree he is injury prone and therefore imo overpaid. But this is also a good thing giving our back up(who will probably end up starting at some point) more reps. Those reps are more valuable to steen and company than they will be to probowl pouncey

I think you guys are giving this article too much attention. Gase has said in his pressers that he already knows what he is getting with pounce an doesn't need him to over work himself with unnecessary practice. I agree he is injury prone and therefore imo overpaid. But this is also a good thing giving our back up(who will probably end up starting at some point) more reps. Those reps are more valuable to steen and company than they will be to probowl pouncey

That's just the point that some of us have been making: IF Pouncey can't *overwork* without messing up his fragile, degenerative, surgically-stem-cell patched up hip, how in the world is he going to be game ready -- either in conditioning or core strength? Did anyone watch him play the year before last when he tip-toed his way through off-season, camps and practices? Put that on rewind and then put it on steroids.

How anyone in their right mind can think that someone in football's trenches can pussyfoot through off-season and in season training, and step up and play at a high level -- well, it's beyond me.

LD

Irony is a funny thing. One day, you're supporting Aaron Hernandez. The next day, you don't have a leg to stand on.

I wouldn't let him play in the pre season if he was healthy. That being said, I don't expect to get 8 games from Pouncey. It seams to me Gase doesn't really value the interior of the OL.

This isn't news. Gase said this like 2 weeks ago, and its smart for him to be limited in camp.

I'm a little skeptical if Mike can return to form, but he is 100% worth the shot we are taking on him this season. The fans here are way to gloom and doom. He had hip surgery and was only able to play in 5 games last year, but before that he played in 72 of 80 possible games(16,16, 14,12,14, games played.). Pretty drastic to give up on a guy after one season being injured. Even more drastic when you look at how elite he is when he has played. Imagine if we gave up on Wake after his Achilles?

No problem with this at all. Matter of fact, for the training camp/pre season it gives ample opportunity to someone to grab by the ***** the center position. Crippled Pouncey played and Ajayi runs for 200 yards, damn.

That's just the point that some of us have been making: IF Pouncey can't *overwork* without messing up his fragile, degenerative, surgically-stem-cell patched up hip, how in the world is he going to be game ready -- either in conditioning or core strength? Did anyone watch him play the year before last when he tip-toed his way through off-season, camps and practices? Put that on rewind and then put it on steroids.

How anyone in their right mind can think that someone in football's trenches can pussyfoot through off-season and in season training, and step up and play at a high level -- well, it's beyond me.

LD

Not saying your wrong here but thats going to be the interesting part of this season seeing whom is more correct the fans or coaching staff. Thats part of why I like the draft process myself when I attempt to match my projections of a players future against theirs. Rarely have I been surprised but will say Gase did surprise me last year and hopefully Pouncey will but I hear you it appears to beva long shot to expect to depend on him. I would have probably held onto Albert one more year myself and lost the 7th round pick.

I like how most of you are shocked... this was known for a while. It was the plan. It was stated he was on pace and might be kept from preseason last month. I believe it was Gase that said that. I don't understand this board sometimes.. Who cares if he doesn't play 4-5 quarters of bullshit preseason football?

Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey was seen on crutches at the funeral of former college teammate Aaron Hernandez on Monday.

According to an NFL source, Pouncey had a stem cell procedure within the past few weeks, but he is not expected to be on crutches for much longer.

Pouncey continues to rehabilitate a hip injury but and another league source indicated there has not been a setback and his recovery is on track.

At the NFL owner’s meetings, coach Adam Gase made it clear there is a plan in place for Pouncey which may include “bubble wrap.”

Pouncey will be protected as needed — meaning preseason practice and even preseason games are not likely a priority — with the only goal to ensure he is eligible to play 16-plus games in 2017.

Gase called Pouncey the team’s best offensive lineman, but the former Florida standout played only five games last season. Still, Gase suggested he believes Pouncey will return to dominant form.

“I’m going to have a lot of confidence, because of who it is,” Gase said. “I’m not going to just turn my back on I think the best center in football. I’ll roll the dice with him for as long as I can because that’s how good he is. That’s how much he means to our organization.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...lphins-center-mike-pouncey-still-on-crutches/

Was anybody here actually thinking Gase was gonna play him in the meaningless preseason games knowing Pouncy is coming off injury and with his history ?

I wasn't.

Good time to zero in on a #2 center who could get lots of playing time

Good thing we have 4 guys that can play the pivot in the building

Yes I think Pouncey, Steen, Urbik and Larsen have NFL center experience. They also have Jake Brendel at center and Issiac Assiata played some center at Utah last year too.

Back
Top Bottom