Dolphins, Chargers make offers to Bryant McKinnie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Chargers make offers to Bryant McKinnie

I'm not sold on us using him as a guaranteed starter, more of depth and possibly back-up in case Martin doesn't do well at LT. I assume once we figure out the LT spot we'll finalize a deal with Winston at RT within a few days.

I've been saying this for a while. We don't need 1 guy. We need 2.

We need to find a starter at LT or RT AND we need another starter caliber guy to backup either T position. Martin gives us the "swing" option in the equation. And I think McKinney has more value at this point because he can swing too.

I think we freed up enough potential cap with our draft of CBs and K that we can afford 2 mid level starter contracts: Winston AND McKinney. I rather spend the same amount of Albert money on 2 guys instead of 1.

The Dolphins definitely have more money to spend, but they seem very careful spending on tackles these days

Mckinnie is the only LT on the market that will consistently protect our QB. If Martin hasn't gotten stronger this offseason, Mckinnie can be a good stop gap. Martin was statistically terrible on both sides last year, and I would think that we would be better off with a solid plan B.

This cannot be a vote of confidence for Martin.

does anyone honestly think he will be able to be a starter at LT all season.. last season he was benched until an injury vaulted him into the starting lineup in the playoffs. He did play good in the playoffs, but has a habit being overweight and being kinda lazy. Id take him if it wasnt the plan for him to start but for extra insurance.

All I know is that if this team thought Martin could do the deed at LT, trying to sign Long, trade for Albert and giving an offer to Bryant Mckinnie are not indicators of their confidence.

all i know is that if this team thought martin could do the deed at lt, trying to sign long, trade for albert and giving an offer to bryant mckinnie are not indicators of their confidence.

yup :-(

i still say its a smokescreen to get Martin to push himself. If we do sign McKinnie, i hope its for 1 years and minimum pay as a backup.

i disagree. even if they were sure martin was the answer at LT, they would still be looking to sign a veteran that could still (capably) start in case he got injured.

All I know is that if this team thought Martin could do the deed at LT, trying to sign Long, trade for Albert and giving an offer to Bryant Mckinnie are not indicators of their confidence.
I expect Ireland to make a comment that we have total confidence in Jonathan Martin taking his game to the next level as a starting offensive tackle in the NFL.

Hey, I think the "flip" OT is one of the most underrated positions in terms of depth. Nobody talks about it. However, I do not get the impression these tryouts are for a flip OT.

California has State income tax, right?

10.3% if im not mistaken. That's just nuts. With that said I hope he chooses anyone but us. Don't like reports of lazy fat guys. We have one on the OL now, don't need more. We need more workaholics like Pouncey. Pick a RT, move Martin LT and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom