Dolphins, Chargers ???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Chargers ????

Think its going to be a tough game being rusty is not going to help us. But I do think if we run the ball well we can get at them by attacking their LBs in coverage Big need is our O Line to play well.

I agree. I am excited to see how Gase utilizes our weapons. Not sure if my expectations are too high or if I am seeing things through rose colored glasses, but it seemed like we really didn't get into high gear last year and haven't even reached our full offensive potential. It's a new year. I want to see us take the gloves off and really kick some ass!

Rivers will never be Brady-like, that alone makes it winnable. Glad to be playing the Chargers and not the Rams

From pre season, I see our weaknesses as Pass D and OL. We were outstanding stopping the run, but overall Cutler was not very productive behind that OL and our D was shredded. I know it's only pre season, but the OL has regresased from last year and the defensive scheme related to secondary coverage had major flaws in pre season.

Compared to last year
Run D: Improved
Pass D: declined
Run O: Same
Pass O: ? probably declined

I think we can definitely beat the chargers

If we don't establish the run, it's going to be a long day. You have to do something to keep them from going all out after Cutler, set up some play action, much of what has already been said here. Just a gut feel here, but I believe 2 guys they don't talk about will have a big say in the outcome - Grant & Drake. Ajayi will get the lions share of the carries, but I really liked the speed I saw from Drake in the preseason and feel he could bust one on a run or screen.
I want to see us challenge them early. No wasted possessions going three and out trying to establish the run.

Well with Jay Cutler you will see us challenging them often

Could be a tough game, but there are so many unknowns. Chargers haven't gotten to see the Fins in a game this year, but we've seen them. They are going to LA for their first game in their new home, and that could really pump them up. They are coming off a loss. The hurricane could cause Fins to lose focus. Our starters haven't played more than a half in weeks. Chargers are going on a short week. Massive list of questions.

Overall I think this will be a good matchup. As others have said, if we can't run, we are in deep trouble. Rivers is still good. He can pick apart a mediocre defense. Cutler...total unknown, but he can also shred defenses (at least until unbelievably stupid mistakes). I'll go with a 41-38 win in OT, just because I'm still pissed at that game so many years ago. :)

I will be at the game.

I think Tunsil & James will do a better job then the Broncos oline on Bosa & Ingram.

We need to get Ajayi going i think Julius Thomas could be good for us...Chargers are kind of soft in the middle of the defense.

Gase basically has had 2 weeks to get a gameplan for the Chargers.

I'll be damned if we lose to Phillip Rivers...

BTW-I heard today that Cutler has a natural hatred of Rivers going back to his days at Denver. My admiration grows...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually pretty confident heading into this game. Hopefully it'll be River's "worst day ever" again haha

rivers_medium.gif

Back
Top Bottom