Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

This would be an interesting development ... essentially changing our whole running game approach .... a more ‘tough’ running game ...

I like Carson and had in FF the last 2x years ... he is’t a bell cow, but produces at a HIGH level when on the field!

Interested to see if this is another 1x year deal, or multiple year ... as that would go a long way in determining draft path ... regardless, still see Williams as a nice target in late RD 2 ...

I love that we are getting tougher and better at run blocking on the o-line and that we've added some bruisers to carry to football. This tells me we are going to be physical on offense as opposed to the finesse styles of Joe Philbin and Adam Gase. Flores, by virtue of the players recently added, is implementing a power running offense that imposes it's will on the defense. I still see us adding a RB in the draft that's a game breaker type. If we add Najee, Etienne or Williams our running game will be hard to stop. Once we can run on teams, Tua will pick them apart with Parker, Fuller, Williams, Gesicki, Wilson, RB drafted and 2 new receivers drafted. We may just end up with a really talented receiver room. We likely will get even more o-line help in the draft. I'm feelin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Gaskin and Ahmed played well. Not stars obviously, but a part of a committee. Gaskin is a good option as a receiver out of the backfield.

Washington didn't show much.
Keep Gaskin. There’s no reason to cut him. Ahmed was a rookie and had flashes. I’d prefer a stud but depth is important.

I would clean house and keep Gaskin, as others have stated if we sign Carson for more than a year contract we will have options and definitely won't need to draft a RB until the 2nd or later, possibly not at all unless we get great value on one like a Chuba. As it is Carson is a stud when healthy and Brown is a pounder, he is no slouch.

Still love to have our own young, fresh legged, not much wear on the tires back and I think Etienne compliments these two hard runners.

Could not hate this more. Wasting another year with average talent at RB. Draft a guy and solve the issue. Don’t sign retreads year after year.
They may still draft one. Lets wait and see

This would be an interesting development ... essentially changing our whole running game approach .... a more ‘tough’ running game ...

I like Carson and had in FF the last 2x years ... he is’t a bell cow, but produces at a HIGH level when on the field!

Interested to see if this is another 1x year deal, or multiple year ... as that would go a long way in determining draft path ... regardless, still see Williams as a nice target in late RD 2 ...
I agree. When you look at the type of offensive linemen Miami has drafted and signed, I really think Flores wants to be able to pound the ball and dictate the running game.

I thought they lacked vision, tackle breaking, speed, and durability
Interesting, I thought both had very nice speed and Gaskins vision was the best we had on the team. Gaskins vision was so good it was said he could stand on South Beach and watch hurricanes forming off the coast of Africa, with one eye tied behind him.

I agree. When you look at the type of offensive linemen Miami has drafted and signed, I really think Flores wants to be able to pound the ball and dictate the running game.
I believe when the FO chose Tua they already decided to build a team to play keep away with Mahomes L Jackson and J Allen types and that would mean long painful drives wearing out the opponent and the final game against Buffalo must sit real bad with Flo and Grier

Carson is a beast as a running back. When healthy he is one of the best pure runners in the league. I really expect him to go back to Seattle though.

Reactions: BSQ
Back
Top Bottom