Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

I hear a lot about restructuring contracts everyone understands this is essentially kicking the can down the road. All bonus money is still paid out just prorated over the length of the contract. What do you do to play future star kick the can again. I hope Grier is being truthful when he says he wants a sustainable winner. It looks like he is serious.
With this being a weird year for the cap and the general consensus that the number will increase next year this might actually be the year to do a restructure.

Definitely not with Byron Jones. Terrible buy that guy was. If you accidentally drink poison, watch Jones vs Buffalo last December, that'll pump your stomach for ya, bigtime.
He better pick it up, even then he better be ready to take a pay cut after the way he held us up this year. For that coin you better be elite.

Jordan Howard never should have sucked.

Matt Breida should have been a steal for a 5th round pick.

I am still scratching my head that those two moves did not work out for us.
Jordan howard had Zero burst for some reason. Brieda wouldve done OK but I think Gaskin just did Really Good and was more versatile re: blocking and in between the tackles, hard running.
I think it was more about Gaskins' success more than Brieda's failure.

Gaskins is Still getting underrated. Dude has really good vision and instincts and is just a good football player, period.
Also, Ahmed did Great with more carries but his shoulder got banged up. I think some weight room would get Ahmed loaded for combat. Watch that Pats game again.
Honestly, I'm interested in J Williams from UNC but with a very underrated Malcom Brown coming here to be the 'thunder', Im ok if we drafted a back later for depth and development.
If we improve our run blocking, we've got guys that can get the job done. Ahmed is a home run hitter and Brown is a DB-Crusher and chain-mover and Gaskin is perfect for passing downs.

He better pick it up, even then he better be ready to take a pay cut after the way he held us up this year. For that coin you better be elite.
He wont take a pay cut. We're cutting him the second it doesnt kill our cap to do so.

He wont take a pay cut. We're cutting him the second it doesnt kill our cap to do so.
That's what bothers me, Van Noy and Karras come here, Van Noy especially and take our money, don't perform to it and instead of taking less money from us they take EVEN less from NE. I think Parker was our last "Hometown" discount. I hope we sweep their ass this year.

That's what bothers me, Van Noy and Karras come here, Van Noy especially and take our money, don't perform to it and instead of taking less money from us they take EVEN less from NE. I think Parker was our last "Hometown" discount. I hope we sweep their *** this year.
I think Van Noy's ego got so bruised that he bit his nose to spite his face. I could almost guarantee he wouldve made more in Miami than he is in New England if he wouldve worked with our FO to fit our reality better.

Back
Top Bottom