Dolphins continue to revamp defensive staff | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins continue to revamp defensive staff

As am I... I'm more concerned about the scheme because it's a mystery at this point but based on his hires I'm thinking 4-3 hybrid thats leans on cover 3 like Carroll had (not just because of this hire) just a gut feeling...

As in?...

p.s. The aforementioned & the 4-2-5 that Garry Patterson ran at TCU are the schemes I like best.

As in?...

p.s. The aforementioned & the 4-2-5 that Garry Patterson ran at TCU are the schemes I like best.

The 4-2-5 is a little leaky on the running game side...unless your Dts are really good at swallowing up blocks and the des are able to hold the edges properly.

You'd need a safety that's like a hybrid lber ....maybe Jones?

I thought both sieler and wilkins alot of the time got pushed around and left the middle of the defense too open. Granted they were chasing sacks but if you are caught out of position, out of your gap assignments, you will leave a hole open for the rb or qb to make you pay.

The 4-2-5 is a little leaky on the running game side...unless your Dts are really good at swallowing up blocks and the des are able to hold the edges properly.

You'd need a safety that's like a hybrid lber ....maybe Jones?

I thought both sieler and wilkins alot of the time got pushed around and left the middle of the defense too open. Granted they were chasing sacks but if you are caught out of position, out of your gap assignments, you will leave a hole open for the rb or qb to make you pay.

IIRC, Patterson's D had 3 Safeties ... Strong, Weak, & Free.

My preference for the 5th DB would be to rotate a S/CB Hybrid (Ramsey ?), S/LB Hybrid, & 3rd CB.

p.s. Ideally, the phins would have a 4 man line where a DT and edge both command a double team. Thus, making the opponent keep 6 in to block

Back
Top Bottom