Dolphins defense thinks it can finally solve the Tom Brady Riddle. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins defense thinks it can finally solve the Tom Brady Riddle.

I hope they see, after watching film of the Cleveland and New Orleans games, that you cannot play prevent defense with Brady to try to sit on a lead at the end of the game. The Patriots no-huddle attack is lightning fast and they take virtually no time to get down the field and score when teams are sitting back trying to prevent the long ball. You have to play defense at the end of the game like it's still the 1st quarter.

Also just read which I forgot that Brady only passed for 115 yards in the last meeting.

We need to rush 4 men and play coverage. The 4 guys(Wake/Vernon/ Odrick/Starks) need to get to Brady. A few well timed safety blitzes to hammer him would help too.
Jordan might have a big game this week.

I hated that Miami waited so long to play AFC east opponents but like how we finish out with the east.

Pats,Billls,Jets

If we can get through Pats this week which will be very intense,then Bills road game that final Jets game is going to be nuts in that Sunlife stadium!!!

A takeaway in every game! That's impressive seeing as a few years ago the defense was dead last in takeaways and had something under 10 for the whole season.

Coyle is impressive, wait for 2 years from now when Jordan is hitting his all pro status. The defense will be scary

there is no secret to beat Brady, when the Dolphins have done it in the past it is what they did and when the Gian'ts beat them in the SB it's what they did. You hit him hard and often.

Jim Mandich solved the Tom Brady riddle years ago. "If you smack him around enough, he starts cross-dressing."

Fully expect a heavy dose of the short passing game from NE with lots of screens, crossing routes and running backs isolated on our LB's. Throw in a balanced run game and keep our pass rush neutralized. Our front seven needs to play their best game of the year. Our offense and special teams need to be mistake free. Definitely winnable game, but we need to play our best one in all phases and for 4 quarters to win.

Jim Mandich solved the Tom Brady riddle years ago. "If you smack him around enough, he starts cross-dressing."

Hahaha. This freaking game is all about the 4th quarter. It doesn't matter how far up you are, IF Miami's up. They have to be totally tuned in to finish the game, because that's the Pats philosophy. They know coaches do stupid things like playing prevent defense. They steal games at the end like no one,else.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I think this is going to be a motivated and tendency free offense for the Pats Sunday. They hate hearing that Gronk is out and they cannot produce.

Too many here, think the Pats are somehow weak...I do not get it.

I think this is going to be a motivated and tendency free offense for the Pats Sunday. They hate hearing that Gronk is out and they cannot produce.

Too many here, think the Pats are somehow weak...I do not get it.

I don't think the Pats are weak....I just have confidence in the Phins....

In the many years of watching the Dolphins play Tom Brady the one thing I've noticed above all things is that if you get to him early...knock him down, sack him (pressures don't effect him) you can effect him for the rest of the game. He gets jittery when he gets hit early. Now Brady has been sacked 36 times this year which is pretty high for him but he's also had plays where he seemingly has 5 seconds to throw the ball. Pressure up the middle is especially effective against him. I think it may have been the Jets game where we had OV lined up over the center, Jordan at DE and OV came right up the middle for the sack. May have been a double A-gap blitz.
They had the same front against Pittsburgh on their last 2 possessions.

I read the title of this thread too fast and thought you were going for… Tom 'Brady' Riddle…as in 'he who must not be named' made me laugh, then I read it again and realised what the OP was saying.

Anyhew… back on topic...

Back
Top Bottom